Photo
- - - - -

Name Me a Better 2-Way Player Today than Henrik Zetterberg…

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 zetterbergfan

zetterbergfan

Zetterbergfan since 1999

• PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:25 PM

Found this.....

Name Me a Better 2-Way Player Today than Henrik Zetterberg…
Arguments for Zetterberg vs Datsyuk, Kesler, Richards, Toews, Eriksson,
and Crosby (WTF?)here.
Poll.

I say:
Zetterberg/Datsyuk
Kesler
Richards

#2 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,102 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:26 PM

Hank is terrible, didn't even make the All Star Game...
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#3 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:30 PM

Ewwwwwww... change the title. I think you dragged some HF smell over here with this thread.

Although, my favorite assessment was the guy that said that Crosby is the best player in the league, and plays 2-way hockey... so therefore, he is the best two-way player in the NHL. Greatest logic ever.

#4 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:35 PM

Pav and Hank are the flat out best. Bias? maybe. But I have watched quite a bit of hockey in my lifetime and the Wings consistently shell out at least someone in the top 5 at 2-way play. Hank is possibly one of the best I have seen at being just stuck on his guy (see: all Penguins games) and then able to score on the other end and quite Posted Image at that, too. Pav's takeaways are just sicknasty and the offensive game is second to none. I need for some good points against it other than time on PK, blocked shots compared to points and what have you. We seriously are ungodly lucky to have these 2 on the same team.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#5 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,370 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:39 PM

Ewwwwwww... change the title. I think you dragged some HF smell over here with this thread.

Although, my favorite assessment was the guy that said that Crosby is the best player in the league, and plays 2-way hockey... so therefore, he is the best two-way player in the NHL. Greatest logic ever.

:lol:

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#6 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:43 PM

I can honestly only think of one player better in the NHL and he also wears the Winged Wheel...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#7 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:44 PM

Best 2 way player in the game on a consistent basis? Currently watching games from the press box with a broken wrist.

OK, granted Dats & Z are like 1A & 1B. And I have to add, if either one of them wanted to concentrate on offense only, there's no question in my mind that either one would lead the league in scoring.

Edited by ogreslayer, 11 January 2011 - 03:51 PM.

Money on the Board 2014: $5 per series, $5 per sweep, $5 per Kronwalling, $10 per Marchand Kronwalling, $1 per Zetterberg game, $1 per 2013 Calder Cup roster player goal

#8 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,338 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:49 PM

I can honestly only think of one player better in the NHL and he also wears the Winged Wheel...

Agreed.

A few years ago it was pretty tough to say of the 2 who was better; since then for me Dats has emerged as the better...That said - Hank is still 1 of the top 2-way forwards in the game, and at this moment I cannot think of anyone else who's as good as our Euro Twins.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#9 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:51 PM

Ville Leino
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#10 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:53 PM

OK, granted Dats & Z are like 1A & 1B. And I have to add, if either one of them wanted to concentrate on offense only, there's no question in my mind that either one would lead the league in scoring.

This. And it is quite under appreciated. But whatever, just honored to have them both.

Ville Leino

Nah, Ritola.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#11 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:53 PM

Ville Leino

:lol:
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#12 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:59 PM

Group A.Datsyuk
Group B.Kesler/Zetterberg/M. Koivu
Big bold black line
Group C.Richards/Toews/Couture/Eriksson/Crosby/J. Staal/Bergeron/Zajak/Hossa/Backstrom

I really want to put Zetterberg neck and neck with Datsyuk, but I just have to separate them, Zetterberg does need more recognition though on Selke voting.

#13 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,370 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:02 PM

Posted Image

"I see you."

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#14 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:03 PM

If it was the last minute of a game and we are up by one, I want Datsyuk out there. If it's the last minute and the other team is on the Power Play, then I want Zetterberg out there. If there is an empty net involved, i want Draper out there.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#15 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:15 PM

I'd say Datsyuk, then Kesler and Zetterberg.

Posted Image

#16 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:19 PM

"WAAAAH someone insulted my favorite player on HFBoards!"

HFBoards is full of retards (except for a few LGW posters that also post over there). Some of them have the gall to say that Letang, Enstrom, or Byfuglien deserve to get the Norris over Lidstrom. :rolleyes:

#17 Booster313

Booster313

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:20 PM

Datsyuk is a slightly better two way player than Zetterberg, he does it all season long and makes it look really easy, however Zetterberg really turns on his game post season. That being said if you want me to throw in another name that hasn't been mentioned, Hossa is a damned good two-way player himself.

What kind of color is red? Red is a warning, a declaration, a color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and driven because red doesn't like second place. So what kind of color is red? Their kind.

#18 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:37 PM

I'd say Datsyuk, then Kesler and Zetterberg.

I came in here to say this. Datsyuk to me is the best and on his own tier but Zetterberg is not untouchable thats for sure. Kesler is pretty even with him in my eyes, same with Koivu, and all these guys are pretty even offensively with him as well.

There will probably be a lot of homer types in here that say Zettererberg and Datsyuk are by far the best but thats not really true. Kesler is damn good and so is Koivu. Mike Richards is no slouch either, same with Toews. Zetterberg is still great though

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#19 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:48 PM

I came in here to say this. Datsyuk to me is the best and on his own tier but Zetterberg is not untouchable thats for sure. Kesler is pretty even with him in my eyes, same with Koivu, and all these guys are pretty even offensively with him as well.

There will probably be a lot of homer types in here that say Zettererberg and Datsyuk are by far the best but thats not really true. Kesler is damn good and so is Koivu. Mike Richards is no slouch either, same with Toews. Zetterberg is still great though

If you adjust for quality of competition, Zetterberg is much better than Kesler.

Just saying.

#20 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:55 PM

Ville Leino

The +/- says it all...
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!