• Please log in to reply
1581 replies to this topic

#941 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,599 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 03:44 PM

I wouldn't report to the Islanders either.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#942 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 03:44 PM

If he doesn't report there's only 2 options:
1. Suspend him for the remainder of the season.
2. Put him back on waivers, with his permission of course.

If I was Snow, I'd just let him move on - no sense in playing hardball and scaring future FA's away.
RIP #24

#943 TheOwl

TheOwl

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 03:45 PM

Can't Nabokov just declare he won't report to any team but the Wings? Is that against the rules? At least he would clear waivers.

The Islanders look like a joke here.

Edited by TheOwl, 22 January 2011 - 03:45 PM.

#944 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 03:45 PM

And if he doesn't report, then what?

the isle has shown there low class act, whats not to say there doing san jose a favor and locking him up so the wings don't get him?

#945 aflac9262

aflac9262

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,346 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 03:49 PM

I wonder why my post was deleted along with some others.

#946 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 03:50 PM

Meanwhile, Garth Snow pretends that nothing is wrong.

Edited by e_prime, 22 January 2011 - 03:51 PM.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#947 Trollface.jpg

Trollface.jpg

Draftee

• 4 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 03:50 PM

As a longtime Sharks fan, I could not stand to see Nabby in a detroit jersey. This news makes my day.

Oh, and Nabby: Grow the fock up. You wanted out of Russia, here is your chance. You are acting like an eleventeen year old by not reporting

#948 Four

Four

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 03:51 PM

As a longtime Sharks fan, I could not stand to see Nabby in a detroit jersey. This news makes my day.

Oh, and Nabby: Grow the fock up. You wanted out of Russia, here is your chance. You are acting like an eleventeen year old by not reporting

To be fair, NYI also looks like an "eleventeen" year old by claiming a goalie out of left field that they probably hadn't even had negotiations with.

O.o

#949 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 03:51 PM

All this is illustrating how dumb that waiver rule is. Players are just flat out denying to abide by it. Must be cause it's so "fair".

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#950 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 03:53 PM

He wanted out of Russia because of his family issues. Big difference than Hudler wanting out of Russia because he had gone through all the prostitutes.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#951 hotwings24

hotwings24

Super Wings chick!

• 48 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 03:54 PM

well it seems like he wants to be here with the wings... which is a nice sobering thought, but... dontcha wish it was today? Stupid Islanders... he would at least wanna be with some type of Play off Contender~!

#952 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 03:55 PM

My bad: Some were deleted by accident (I thought I was in the GDT - don't ask!) and the forums won't let me restore them for some reason.

Mod functions are acting up very badly today and I'm the only one online. Please bear with me.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#953 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 03:57 PM

All this is illustrating how dumb that waiver rule is. Players are just flat out denying to abide by it. Must be cause it's so "fair".

esteef

I don't mind the waiver ruler if the player has a contract with another team. But you can tell the NHL has a Canadian bias. You can sign players, playing in Canada and have them be waiver exempt, but a free agent European who isn't even under contract anymore, has to clear waivers.

Don't worry, happens to me all the time :P
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#954 wingsgirl001

wingsgirl001

Hey Hey, Hockeytown!

• Gold Booster
  • 6,752 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 04:07 PM

...uhhhh well this isn't good. :huh:

What does he do if he doesn't report (to which I don't blame him)? Just sit on his duff until the offseason?

i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

#955 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 04:09 PM

I think he goes on waivers again.
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#956 Shady Ultima

Shady Ultima

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 04:09 PM

In hindsight, what if Kenny made Nabby a 2 year offer (rest of this year and next) with No Movement Clause - since so many of you think that Holland will try to get him this summer. Wonder if a 2 year with NMC would have up the ante and made it a bit harder for other teams to claim him? I'm pretty sure NYI wouldn't have picked him up with DiPietro pegged as multi-million dollar starter. And ... since both Ozzie and Howard's contracts are up at the end of this year, we would have at least one goalie signed for 2011-12. Assuming Ozzie retires then, sign Jimmy and we'd have the best 1-2 punch in goalie. The only down side I can think of is if some team did claim him off waivers, he'd be unavailable this summer. What do you think ... did I out GM Kenny :P

No, because if someone would have been more likely to claim him if he was theirs for a whole season, not less than half.

esteef

I'm honestly thinking, this was the whole point of this fiasco. I sense it was more Illitch's idea, because this rule is stupid. So we pick up a player, KNOWING he will get claimed. Now, like the Blues, after the season, Illitch and (who ever owns the Blues) will go to the owners meeting and demand that this rule gets changed.

I don't mind the waiver ruler if the player has a contract with another team. But you can tell the NHL has a Canadian bias. You can sign players, playing in Canada and have them be waiver exempt, but a free agent European who isn't even under contract anymore, has to clear waivers.

Actually, seeing as Wellwood is a Canadian player... you're completely wrong.

If the player is playing in Canada, he's still within the boundaries of the NHL. There are Canadian teams right? I mean, if a player wasn't signed by any team in the offseason, and joins some other professional league in the states, and gets picked up halfway through the season, he's not going through waivers.

It's only if the player was playing in Europe. As Wellwood, Svatos and Nabokov were.

#957 I Red Wings I

I Red Wings I

Holy mackerel!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 04:22 PM

ESPN's Scott Burnside tweeted, "Guess after all those Stanley Cups and Vezinas Nabokov can afford to snub the Isles. Oh wait."

#958 drwscc

drwscc

I drink your milkshake...I drink it up!!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 04:24 PM

Dude, noone wants to go to the Isles. Burnside is talking out of his butt.
Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe.

I went to a doctor the other day, and all he did was suck blood out of my neck. Never go see Dr. Acula
- Mitch Hedberg

#959 deltawing

deltawing

GO RED WINGS!

• Gold Booster
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 04:25 PM

Burnside is an idiot and a not so stealth Wings hater and Pens lover.
Sergeant Rathbun - USMC
Operation Iraqi Freedom 05-07 Oct 06 - Apr 07
http://www.last.fm/user/deltawing12

#960 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 04:25 PM

I think he would enjoy Kansas City.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.