• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
puffy

Komisarek in trouble with the LAPD

Rate this topic

Leafs’ Komisarek allegedly hit woman during road trip: report

Mike Komisarek is being investigated by Los Angeles police, stemming from a night club incident that occurred on the Toronto Maple Leafs’ recent west coast road trip, according to TMZ.com.

The website reports that the defenceman lifted a woman up at a Hollywood club. She, however, was an unwilling participant and slapped him in the face.

When he set her down, she says he punched her. TMZ says police are trying to get in touch with Komisarek.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2011/01/22/komisarek-allegedly-hit-woman-during-road-trip-report/

Edited by puffy

Oh, my. I read "hit woman during road trip" and thought it was a hit and run.

She slapped him first. Sauce for the goose and all that. I probably would have done the same had he lifted me (assuming he didn't get a hernia), but I would expect that if I hit someone that I'd be getting it back shortly.

If he gets charged, she should too as she hit first.

Oh, my. I read "hit woman during road trip" and thought it was a hit and run.

She slapped him first. Sauce for the goose and all that. I probably would have done the same had he lifted me (assuming he didn't get a hernia), but I would expect that if I hit someone that I'd be getting it back shortly.

If he gets charged, she should too as she hit first.

No she didn't, lets get real here. He assaulted her first by grabbing her and lifting her into the air.

It'd be one thing if he just said some flirty type stuff to her and she hit him, but he physically assaulted her in the middle of a fight and that is is prompted her to slap him.

No she didn't, lets get real here. He assaulted her first by grabbing her and lifting her into the air.

It'd be one thing if he just said some flirty type stuff to her and she hit him, but he physically assaulted her in the middle of a fight and that is is prompted her to slap him.

Get real here, you dont know the situation at all, neither does anyone else so you might want to reserve judgement.

People love pulling this s*** on pro athletes to get money out of them too, I woouldn't be surprised if this is the case here

Get real here, you dont know the situation at all, neither does anyone else so you might want to reserve judgement.

People love pulling this s*** on pro athletes to get money out of them too, I woouldn't be surprised if this is the case here

Exactly. If a pro athlete touches anyone, he's got a lawsuit against him. People are so lame.

Exactly. If a pro athlete touches anyone, he's got a lawsuit against him. People are so lame.

Well, this kind of thing happens all the time. It's really simple, you can't go around grabbing people, athlete or not. It's battery/assault in any state.

At the same time, I can see what you mean. Athletes probably have a higher chance of charges being brought on them. I don't think lawsuit would be a correct term, as it would be a criminal matter.

Dear LGW women. If you were at a bar/night club and a guy punches you in the face causing you to bleed, would you wait 10 days to file a complaint and call the cops? The answer to your question is why i am calling BS by this woman.

I'd slap him, just like she did, but I'd expect to get hit back.

I wouldn't bother the police. If the bouncers came in and took matters into their own hands or broke it up, so be it. It could have been the bouncers or club owners who called the cops. If it was a high-class place or something.

I'd slap him, just like she did, but I'd expect to get hit back.

OK, I'm obviously playing devils advocate here, and going out on a limb, but, we only have the details revealed so far, which may be right or wrong at this point, but are; big hockey player out of nowhere manhandles girl and picks her into the air, girl slaps hockey player for manhandling her and lifting her into air, hockey player hauls off and hits here.

She is at fault so far, according to the details we have, according to you.

(again, just playing devils advocate)

So if you were to be walking down a dark street at night, and I, a large man, jumped out of nowhere and tackled you, for who knows what reason, and you slapped me, I would be in the right in I threw a punch to your face (which, being my size vs yours, would likely shatter several of your facial bones) and I would be totally in the right since a "lift" or "tackle" is not really a hit, only a slap or punch can be considered as a first hit, and I was just reacting to you assaulting me after I innocently tackled you..

(again, obviously going the extreme route and just playing devils advocate, but this is what it sounds like you are saying)

Dear LGW women. If you were at a bar/night club and a guy punches you in the face causing you to bleed, would you wait 10 days to file a complaint and call the cops? The answer to your question is why i am calling BS by this woman.

Is there a source saying she waited ten days to complain and call the cops?

In the couple articles I've seen, the woman claims she went to police right after the incident.

The reality is, we have no idea what really happened at this point, but people are being rather quick to judge both Komisarek and this woman.

OK, I'm obviously playing devils advocate here, and going out on a limb, but, we only have the details revealed so far, which may be right or wrong at this point, but are; big hockey player out of nowhere manhandles girl and picks her into the air, girl slaps hockey player for manhandling her and lifting her into air, hockey player hauls off and hits here.

She is at fault so far, according to the details we have, according to you.

(again, just playing devils advocate)

So if you were to be walking down a dark street at night, and I, a large man, jumped out of nowhere and tackled you, for who knows what reason, and you slapped me, I would be in the right in I threw a punch to your face (which, being my size vs yours, would likely shatter several of your facial bones) and I would be totally in the right since a "lift" or "tackle" is not really a hit, only a slap or punch can be considered as a first hit, and I was just reacting to you assaulting me after I innocently tackled you..

(again, obviously going the extreme route and just playing devils advocate, but this is what it sounds like you are saying)

I see what you're saying, but if you come out of nowhere as I was walking down a dark street and tackled me, I would not slap you, I'd go whole hog fighting as though my life depended on it.

In a club, there's a bit more protection (or at least one perceives it that way). There are other people and staff around to stop things from getting too far out of hand.

However, to go along with what you're saying... if you tackled me in a dark alley, I would go into full freaked-out rip your balls off mode, and I would expect you to hit me back. It would not be right of you to do so, but I would expect you to defend yourself once you found yourself in the situation. In fact, the fact that you were committed a wrong act in the first place would lead me to expect that you would continue to act violently.

In other words, I'd expect someone to hit me back in any circumstances, but I'd really, really, really see it coming from someone who had already jumped me unawares.

If we were in a club and you lifted me into the air, you would be out 6-8 weeks recovering from a hernia. :P

Seriously, I have been lifted against my will. I have back problems, so it is not pleasant, but I have never hit the person who lifted me. I have just explained that I have a bad back and being lifted hurts. Usually I get an apology; otherwise they get an invitation to do something to themselves which requires more dexterity than is possessed by most of our species.

If I hit someone, yes, I expect that they will hit me back, even if they deserved to be hit. Expecting something doesn't always mean that it's the right thing to do, but in this case, I wouldn't blame him.

In this case, I think she over-reacted. I may be wrong as I'm just thinking of this as a guy lifting a girl up in fun and flirting. If it turns out that they were moshing and he put her down in a full WWE body slam, I retract my statements.