• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/13 GDT: Bruins 2 at Red Wings 4

Rate this topic

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I actually do agree with Milbury.

Yes, hockey is used to police the game, but if people didn't like it in the game, it would absolutely be eliminated and the league would be trying to figure out other ways to police the game.

I didn't quite see that coming from Milbury.... but anything in regards to "having discipline" coming from his mouth just makes me :lol: .

I think they are correct in saying that if pointless brawls like this continue in the league, it could eventually lead to the removal of fighting all together. I don't want that.

What's sad is that the opinions of these 2 buffoons are what's being fed to "America" in their Sunday national broadcast.

Can we get someone who isn't a total moron to be on these broadcasts?

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I actually do agree with Milbury.

Yes, hockey is used to police the game, but if people didn't like it in the game, it would absolutely be eliminated and the league would be trying to figure out other ways to police the game.

Who wouldn't ever like fighting in any game? That's just not going to happen. People would enjoy fighting in football, basketball, soccer, whatever. That's a moot point.

The point is that enforcers in hockey were meant to protect the superstars. So, if you sent someone to run at a star, you knew there would be hell to pay. That's been restrained by the addition of the instigator rule, and look what's happened? More high quality talent sidelined than ever.

I didn't quite see that coming from Milbury.... but anything in regards to "having discipline" coming from his mouth just makes me :lol: .

I think they are correct in saying that if pointless brawls like this continue in the league, it could eventually lead to the removal of fighting all together. I don't want that.

But it's typical overreaction by talking heads. This kind of thing doesn't happen every other night in the league. It RARELY happens. So you issue some suspensions and fines and move on. You don't need to have knee jerk reactions like every politician in this country seems to enjoy doing.

Plus, in my opinion, these kinds of incidents are good for hockey. It gets hockey on the front page of sports. It generates exposure for the league.

f*** Milbury and Pierre for these ***** suggestions.

:ranting:

These wimps need to go watch college basketball.

I disagree with you, I'm sorry if you want to watch two people just beat the s*** out of each other just to make a show watch UFC or WWF. I think fighting is part of the game but the token goon has no place in Hockey anymore, its time to get over it and move on. Its not fun to watch two guys fight for the sake of fighting, its adds nothing to the game and at best its a distraction. Now if its two players who in the heat of the moment or to protect a player and they fight thats great, that passion is what makes hockey great, not the goons who fight for their paycheck.

I disagree with you, I'm sorry if you want to watch two people just beat the s*** out of each other just to make a show watch UFC or WWF. I think fighting is part of the game but the token goon has no place in Hockey anymore, its time to get over it and move on. Its not fun to watch two guys fight for the sake of fighting, its adds nothing to the game and at best its a distraction. Now if its two players who in the heat of the moment or to protect a player and they fight thats great, that passion is what makes hockey great, not the goons who fight for their paycheck.

There is no more WWF.

The goons who fight for the hell of it are often in the heat of the moment and are trying to protect players. Gillies has done that numerous times. Every now and then, however, things get carried away. Only way to prevent these things is to get rid of fighting altogether. You can't have it both ways.

And Milbury beat a guy in the stands with his ******* shoe. Who the hell is he to talk about shameful actions?

Edited by GMRwings1983

I just disagree completely with Milbury. Yeah people love the fighting, but it used to police the game. Nowadays with the instigator rule it doesn't allow your team to protect your stars efficiently. So, you get incidents more regularly where scum runs at superstars, like Ovechkin.

Agree. The League missed the ball big time when they put in the instigator rule. Since players can't police themselves anymore, the League didn't realize they had to get tougher with suspensions and policing the game from downtown New York.

Anyway, 2nd period has started, Let's Go Red Wings!

I do agree with you there. Fighting just for the sake of fighting and then each other taps one another and says 'nice fight' is pointless. Thta's not what fighting was ever meant for in my opinion, so Milbury can suck it. But when you see a player get ran at and you send your enforcer out to handle some business, that's what I'm talking about. And that's whY I think fighting needs to be in the game. If you take fighting out completely, what would be a team's recourse?

The league isn't going to clamp down with penalties and fines enough to get people running at stars out of the game.