49 replies to this topic

#21 Chairman Maouth

Chairman Maouth

Canadian Insurgent

• Gold Booster
  • 922 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:49 AM

What a difference a week or so makes.

During game 2 a lot of you guys were looking for a rope, a chair and a strong rafter. Now you've all loosened the noose and stepped down off the chair.

I freaking TOLD you guys. Failure can be every bit as fleeting as success. The Wings are in the driver's seat now.
It's better to be considered temporarily insane than permanently stupid.

#22 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:50 AM

I was just listening to Metallica's Kill em All :punk:
IPB Image

#23 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:53 AM

What a difference a week or so makes.

During game 2 a lot of you guys were looking for a rope, a chair and a strong rafter. Now you've all loosened the noose and stepped down off the chair.

I freaking TOLD you guys. Failure can be every bit as fleeting as success. The Wings are in the driver's seat now.

Check out our "Believe" thread. I was not running for the razors, but LGW needs a suicide line after many regular season defeats so that's not all that crazy to think most were just spent with another 3-0 deficit to this team.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#24 Red Winged

Red Winged

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:00 AM

I'm ready to get hammered drunk.

This. It will ease the stress of game 7.

1936, 1937, 1943, 1950, 1952, 1954, 1955, 1997, 1998, 2002, 2008

#25 Chairman Maouth

Chairman Maouth

Canadian Insurgent

• Gold Booster
  • 922 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:03 AM

Check out our "Believe" thread. I was not running for the razors, but LGW needs a suicide line after many regular season defeats so that's not all that crazy to think most were just spent with another 3-0 deficit to this team.

Hell, I was talking game 2 not game 3. I was on the GDT and couldn't believe it. You guys hadn't even played on home ice yet. I stayed clear of the game 3 GDT in case suicide is somehow contagious.

But I have to be perfectly honest. Even I would have had my doubts after game 3. I wouldn't have unlocked my gun safe, but I wouldn't have been too happy either.
It's better to be considered temporarily insane than permanently stupid.

#26 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:26 AM

Normally I would say this if we lost " Well we were down 3-0 we should just be happy to be here" But I will be pissed if we end up losing tonight. I am so nervous.

More pissed than when we lost in game 7 of the SCF to the Pens back in 2009? Lets put this game in a little perspective here. :)
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#27 Grypho

Grypho

Sharks Fan

• HoF Booster
  • 487 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:34 AM

Posted by mistake in the GDT, when I meant to post it here.

Well, wild and wonderful Wings fans, fellow hockey nutjobs, it's come to this, has it? :yowza:

Both teams have lost three straight, and both are now in the exact same boat, facing elimination, trying to figure out a way to win a single hockey game - only tonight it's a one game, winner-take-all series of a game, one to be remembered for years to come. Epic! Historic!

Because I am a Wings fan, second only to my beloved Chokes, the winner of tonight's game will be the team that I am squarely behind to go the distance and win the Stanley Cup. I will NOT like it if the Sharks lose tonight, and will definitely have my share of wounds to lick. But for me, at least there is a consolation prize.

I am far too numb to be nervous now, but excitement? At the prospect of watching such an epic game tonight - oh s*** am I excited. Oh s***, oh s***, oh s***.

A heartfelt thank you, once again, to Matt and to all of you Hardcore Wings Fans, whom I love dearly, for filling the atmosphere with all that you are, and all that you do.

#28 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:48 AM

Who's ready? Not me!! Well, I'm more ready than I was for the last game, actually. I watched that game stone cold sober, and my GOD it was brutal. (I mean, I usually watch them that way, but they're usually not that mind-warping.) This time I'm going to have a little help from my buddies Zywiec and Hornitos. ;) I don't know what to expect from tonight. I don't have a bad feeling about it, and I don't have a good feeling about it. I just have this vacuum in the pit of my stomach that's sucking out my life force. And you'd think that'd mean I had negative feelings about the game, but nope, I feel a strange sense of calm when I know we're marching toward doom; it's that good ol' fear of the unknown that makes my liver quiver.

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#29 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:51 AM

This would be a great victory if the Wings could do it. If they play they way they did in Game 6 it will be very interesting. However, I'm sure San Jose isn't really panicing and they are going to come with their best game. If both teams can start of fast it's going to make for a great game but I would expect probably another one goal win for whoever. Let's Go Red Wings!!

#30 Louisville

Louisville

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:52 AM

I can't wait to go to the bar tonight, last game was so fun and the whole bar was into it, it was like being at a game!

#31 Bannedforlife

Bannedforlife

your mom goes to college

• PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:53 PM

If the Wings do end up winning tonight it will be an incredible achievement and a great memory for fans. But where it ranks in the annals of Wings' history really depends on how often it happens in the future. If another team doesn't come back from an 0-3 deficit for another 30 years, then I'd put it in the top 5 all time greatest Red Wing moments. But if it starts happening every year it kinda takes the luster off it.

#32 Viperar

Viperar

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:59 PM

I am by no means ready for the amount of mental stress tonight is about to bring
IPB Image
IPB Image

#33 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:01 PM

I will donate a kidney if the wings pull this off and go on to win the cup.

Me too!!! Oh wait. I only have one...never mind. GO WINGS!!
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#34 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:01 PM

Born ready.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#35 Danglesyuk05

Danglesyuk05

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:05 PM

I feel like im about to lace em up tonight. Just as nervous as I used to get in big games anyway.

Thinking a fifth of Seagrams VO and some Coke will help calm my nerves. Got my Red Wings polo and Red Wings New Era cap on today at the golf course to show some support. Lets do it fellas.

Edited by Danglesyuk05, 12 May 2011 - 02:06 PM.

Detroit Sports!

#36 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:15 PM

I Believe in the Denizens of Joe Louis Arena.

I Believe that 20,066 screaming heads can't be wrong

I Believe in Mikey Mo, SuperHudler for Mayor, and FLIP POOLA.

I Believe that I'll Smile in June.

I BELIEVE IN THE DETROIT RED WINGS

AND I BELIEVE THE NEXT STOP FOR OUR AIRPLANE IS IN VANCOUVER.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#37 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:23 PM

Got the fridge stocked with Guinness & a full bottle of The Macallan waitin'. Plus I already laid out my Kronner jersey & Winter Classic cap which go on as soon as I get home. More than ready here. Let's drop the puck already!

Edited by ogreslayer, 12 May 2011 - 02:44 PM.

#38 clairbear303

clairbear303

Prospect

• 48 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:10 PM

I'm super nervous and already feeling bouts of nausea, but I'm ready to know how it ends. I'm super proud of the team either way because I'll admit I had my doubts, but this team has way more heart than what I thought.

At the same time though, it would really suck to lose after all this.

#39 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:21 PM

I remember back in 1995 when I first started watching hockey. Looking forward to the next game really brought me anxiety and excitement. Now that I have played and reffed the sport for the better part of 10 years, I just look at it as another game. Sure, the stakes are high, but I have learned that I am just going to support the Wings as much as I can and they will do the heavy work. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. If it works out, thats great. Nothing I can do about it anyway other than offer my support.

Being the fan of a sports team really is one of those things that brings with it a sense of hopelessness. You are stuck on the other side of the TV or glass cheering the team on, but you can't make a difference other than yell or support them. This is why I love playing hockey because I can directly control what happens in the course of a game. :)

Lets win it tonight Wings! :)
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#40 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:44 PM

^^^^ right on cue.....
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/