• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

No, No, NO! Jagr interested in Detroit.

Rate this topic

my problem is that this puts another one of our young guys out of a regular position again.... might as well resign modano, draper, ozzie. seriously. I mean look at other teams: people are shocked that carter is 26 and puts up mad points or that Burns/Weber are so young and talented. The fact is that they had time from a young age to ripen. Our young guys don't come up till they are usually 24 and they don't get much in terms of minutes. Young talented guys are great for everything: keeping, trading for big return, health/injuries, and energy. Don't say that only top 5 picks can make the jump at an earlier age, weber was a 2nd rounder. I want to have more guys like helm and abby that we can count on for the future, forget these "one year wonders" and invest in our youngsters.

Jagr is in a top shape, and he proved he can play against the very best at this year's WHC, where he was named the best forward. If it's for cca 2M, I'd be estatic. Jagr thrives with a two-way center, he played with Plekanec at the 2011 WHC, and Z and Dats are even better. This could be pretty awesome addition!

The me from 1994 is all :thumbup: The 2011 version is :thumbdown:

Maybe after Jagr we can get Paul Coffey out of retirement too. What's Brian Leetch up to these days? I hope the rumors of the Wings being in touch with him are only true in so far as they're just humoring him.

I'm not against signing Jagr, but not at the expense of losing others/young 4th liners that can be claimed off waivers, you get the picture. Getting Draper re-signed (if they do) is more of a priority as well.

I think he could still be useful, but again see above.

My brain says that he can still contribute and that if the price is right, it might be a good thing. There's certainly no harm in talking about it.

My heart says that he's far more likely to go back to Pitts since he played there.

My hormones say YES! YES! YES!

In another Jagr thread I had said that I don't see how he would fit in with the team and he really isn't a Wings type of player. However, after some thought, if he signs for $3 mil and we drop Hudler, we essentially replace Hudler with Jagr, which, in my opinion, would be a very nice upgrade. Yes, he's 39. Yes, he hasn't been in the NHL for a couple years. But we're pretty thin at wing and I don't think its unreasonable to think he could put up 20-25 goals and get 50-60 points. He's been a point per game player in his last few years in the NHL and in the KHL. I know a lot of people are sour on signing old future hall of famers after the Modano experience, but what are the odds that Jagr will have a serious injury and miss 3 months of the season, which I think had a major impact on his effectiveness with our team. We need a top 6 forward, preferably at wing, a guy that shoots more than passes and as a bonus he could come relatively cheap. Definitely deserves some consideration.

Jagr is in a top shape, and he proved he can play against the very best at this year's WHC, where he was named the best forward. If it's for cca 2M, I'd be estatic. Jagr thrives with a two-way center, he played with Plekanec at the 2011 WHC, and Z and Dats are even better. This could be pretty awesome addition!

He played great in one tournament, not an 82 game season. As another poster said, I'd rather have Zherdev. He's about as "safe" as Jagr, but if he shines in detroit we will be able to keep him around rather than him retiring. And yes, if we do Jagr then Hudler HAS to go.

YES!

Loving this. Did you guys see Jagr in the WHC? He was one of the best forwards in the whole tournament. He proved that he can still be a superstar player. Some of the plays he made there was absolutely dirty. It was only a couple of months ago. If he has motivation for another cup and works his ass of this offseason, i believe it would be wonderful news for the wings.

I understand those of you who dont like this to happen but I believe in Jagr if he would come here. I believe he would make a great impact, especially in the playoffs. He will draw alot of attention, both from media and from opposing players which gives some extra breathing room for our other star players.

I expect som inconsistency for him but his hot streaks would be well worth it IMO. He showed in the WHC that his roof is still very high. I also believe in Babcock and that he will make sure that lazy play is not accepted here and consistency and hard work means everything.

my problem is that this puts another one of our young guys out of a regular position again.... might as well resign modano, draper, ozzie. seriously. I mean look at other teams: people are shocked that carter is 26 and puts up mad points or that Burns/Weber are so young and talented. The fact is that they had time from a young age to ripen. Our young guys don't come up till they are usually 24 and they don't get much in terms of minutes. Young talented guys are great for everything: keeping, trading for big return, health/injuries, and energy. Don't say that only top 5 picks can make the jump at an earlier age, weber was a 2nd rounder. I want to have more guys like helm and abby that we can count on for the future, forget these "one year wonders" and invest in our youngsters.

Realistically, he would only take a spot away from Hudler, Emmerton, or Miller. The best option IMO is for Jagr to replace Hudler.

YES!

Loving this. Did you guys see Jagr in the WHC? He was one of the best forwards in the whole tournament. He proved that he can still be a superstar player. Some of the plays he made there was absolutely dirty. It was only a couple of months ago. If he has motivation for another cup and works his ass of this offseason, i believe it would be wonderful news for the wings.

I understand those of you who dont like this to happen but I believe in Jagr if he would come here. I believe he would make a great impact, especially in the playoffs. He will draw alot of attention, both from media and from opposing players which gives some extra breathing room for our other star players.

I expect som inconsistency for him but his hot streaks would be well worth it IMO. He showed in the WHC that his roof is still very high. I also believe in Babcock and that he will make sure that lazy play is not accepted here and consistency and hard work means everything.

This is exactly what everyone was saying about Modano when he came. Except instead of playing in KHL he came from another nhl team. Not too mention there are a lot of ifs in your post. I don't it to be up in the air about whether he will perform. Its a blunt NO from me. Make room for the young guys.

not to mention itd be a slap in the face to drapes and ozzie if we sign another old guy like this and let them go.

At the end of the day, it's a business. If Holland and CO. feel that Jagr gives them a little offensive punch and helps the team over Draper, then so be it. Draper will still be a part of the organization, as he and the Wings have stated.

This has no effect on Osgood either. Osgood is a matter of not playing very much over the past 2 seasons and Holland being concerned about his backup goalie's durability. I completely understand them possibly moving on from Ozzie. Ozzie will more than likely have a place in the front office as well.

I don't know if Jagr will help, hinder, or be status quo... No one truly knows the answer to this question. The haters and fans alike will have their arguments for both sides, but the fact is that no one knows how much he can contribute.

I think the organization owes it to themselves and the fans to consider any and all options, which is what Holland is doing in this case. It would be silly to just say, "he's too old, forget about it." If that were the case, bye bye Lidstrom. Jagr has been an older playing in a weaker league, but has consistently put up numbers in both regular season and playoffs over there. He has been reliable. If we can sign him for 1-1.5 million on a 1 year deal and he comes in and puts up 40 points +, then it's a success. If not, it'll be just like Modano, and we have guys to step in (Emmerton, Miller).

I personally, would like to see it happen, only for the contract I listed above.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Up for sale is Jaromir Jagr who comes with good goal scoring hands and the ability to set his teammates up with excellent passes. He also can use his size in a variety of ways including in the corners where he wears his opponents down. He is 39 years old, is built like a brick s***house and he can be yours if THE PRICE IS RIGHT!

Kenny: 1 dollar Bob.

Dats: 5 bucks.

Murph: Dollar hot dogs!