Photo
- - - - -

Lets think COMPLETELY outside of the box for one minute...

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 shaeb30

shaeb30

Jimmy Howard's Future 3rd String

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:38 PM

Ok... according to capgeek.com, the Wings have a little more than $16 million to play with right now, and we don't exactly know for sure who the D man Kenny is going to sign will be. Lets say just for argument sake that Stamkos and the Lightning are unable to come to an agreement, and he is sitting out there for the taking come July 1. Would he be worth the $10-11 million a year plus the draft picks it would take to bring him to the D?

http://capgeek.com/c...x.php?teamId=15

The roster capgeek.com has for us right now is minus Jonathan Ericsson too.. but i don't think he will make any more than $1 million.

#2 NvrFrgtRussian5

NvrFrgtRussian5

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:39 PM

no. not this year. we need D.

#3 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:42 PM

K, I tried it for a minute, and I didn't really see it working out.
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#4 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:43 PM

Less than 9.... Nobody goes over 10.....

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#5 shaeb30

shaeb30

Jimmy Howard's Future 3rd String

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:47 PM

for what its worth... Eklund is saying he will get between $10-11 million from the Bolts... I wasn't really saying this was something I saw working... just throwing the idea out there. How cool would it be though....

#6 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:49 PM

Datsyuk is at 6.7... No way holland throws up 10+.....

#7 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:10 PM

Is this the dream, or the dream within the dream? I think we need DiCaprio for this one.

#8 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:11 PM

Is this the dream, or the dream within the dream? I think we need DiCaprio for this one.

Sounds like cap nightmare to me....

#9 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:13 PM

I'd rather try to trade for Hedman... but I doubt that happens either.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#10 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:13 PM

First of all Ericsson will sign for 2-2.25 mill, not 1 mill. Secondly, We still have to sign Eaves, Miller, and a back up goalie. Lastly, We need to sign at least one top 4 defensemen. Where is this 10 mill coming from? NEVER GONNA HAPPEN

#11 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:18 PM

First of all Ericsson will sign for 2-2.25 mill, not 1 mill. Secondly, We still have to sign Eaves, Miller, and a back up goalie. Lastly, We need to sign at least one top 4 defensemen. Where is this 10 mill coming from? NEVER GONNA HAPPEN

This. If holland can't land burns no way does he make stamkos work.... Unless he's god

#12 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:18 PM

Ericsson at 2-2.25 mil? We have some problems on our hands. Stamkos will never wear the Winged Wheel, can we get these fantasies out of our minds? I heard Dan Bylsma tweeted he was giving Sid and Malkin away to Detroit for 3 mil/yr each! Message me when we're done with this dream.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#13 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:21 PM

Ericsson at 2-2.25 mil? We have some problems on our hands. Stamkos will never wear the Winged Wheel, can we get these fantasies out of our minds? I heard Dan Bylsma tweeted he was giving Sid and Malkin away to Detroit for 3 mil/yr each! Message me when we're done with this dream.

Well assuming that ericsson already turned down a 2 million dollar deal i'm assuming that Ericsson agent is either negotiating slighty more or more years. Thus, I assume it will be slightly more than 2 mill.

#14 Petrafire

Petrafire

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:24 PM

he wont be sitting out there for the taking come July 1 since he is a RFA any offer they can match

#15 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:27 PM

This isn't pro wrestling. :D

Yzerman isn't going to lay down for Holland in some wonderful conspiracy like fashion.

Why would he trade the future of his franchise after they just had a magical season and were within a game of the Finals?

Edited by GMRwings1983, 27 June 2011 - 07:28 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#16 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:28 PM

Defense is the most glaring need this team has at the moment, so I highly doubt Kenny would be willing to forsake that need on the off chance of signing Stamkos.

The roster capgeek.com has for us right now is minus Jonathan Ericsson too.. but i don't think he will make any more than $1 million.

Big E was making $1.25 this most recent season (cap hit of $900k, as it was a staggered salary). So he's now expected to sign for less than last year? All the news reports are saying that E's new deal will be around/above $2 mil per year.

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#17 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,639 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:44 PM

Defense is the most glaring need this team has at the moment, so I highly doubt Kenny would be willing to forsake that need on the off chance of signing Stamkos.

Exactly, if Holland was going to throw $10M at one player he wants, he would throw it at Weber...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#18 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:00 PM

Exactly, if Holland was going to throw $10M at one player he wants, he would throw it at Weber...

Which can't happen, meaning he's gotta throw his money elsewhere.
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#19 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:45 PM

I wonder, what's with this artificial cap that no one can be paid more than Lidstrom/Datsyuk? I understand the sentimentality, but how is it smart to limit yourself to a contract signed years ago that was a steal?
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#20 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:04 PM

I wonder, what's with this artificial cap that no one can be paid more than Lidstrom/Datsyuk? I understand the sentimentality, but how is it smart to limit yourself to a contract signed years ago that was a steal?

lids was signed this year.... and ya, the cap went up, so what? so we start tossing around contracts 5mill more than before for 1 player? you have to consider that EVERYONE's stock rises in this case. you will have to resign lesser players at a higher price so you can't throw all that extra cap at one player without losing guys.

EDIT: look at bieksas contract for example.

Edited by dirtydangles, 27 June 2011 - 09:04 PM.