• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#121 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:10 PM

Brunnstorm's got that size advantage and can plant himself in front of the net for some physical offensive play.

Ehhh he does but the Wings already kind of made that mistake trying to force Ville Leino to stay in front the net. Maybe it'll be different for Brunnstrom but I'd be wary of that.

#122 RedBengals

RedBengals

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:15 PM

Ehhh he does but the Wings already kind of made that mistake trying to force Ville Leino to stay in front the net. Maybe it'll be different for Brunnstrom but I'd be wary of that.

He has shown he can play like Bertuzzi does, bully your way to rebounds and goals. However, he got rocked during the last Toronto game and sort of vanished from relevancy. That wasn't good to see. It was a hard hit but he really slowed down afterwards. I will feel much better about him if he shows better focus and passion on the ice next time. Strength training is cool and all but he needs to use it now.

#123 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:21 PM

He has shown he can play like Bertuzzi does, bully your way to rebounds and goals. However, he got rocked during the last Toronto game and sort of vanished from relevancy. That wasn't good to see. It was a hard hit but he really slowed down afterwards. I will feel much better about him if he shows better focus and passion on the ice next time. Strength training is cool and all but he needs to use it now.

Very true. If I were him I would join Zetterberg for every off ice workout and training session. Pretty much follow him around the way Jimmy used to with Ozzie.

#124 Learn2LuvIt

Learn2LuvIt

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:04 PM

I think I'll have a new term for situations like these. Player showing great potential followed by complete fail; "going Dallas". Used in a sentence...."I hope Fabian doesn't go Dallas on the us".

On the bright side, look what happned with Leino going to Philly. Totally lame with us, into a big part of that Philly team. Huge upside to getting this kid locked in and see what a change of scenery can do. In addition, I'm guessing/hoping the Swedes on the team are helping his comfort level and preperation.

Pulling for him.

Friday can't come soon enough. Go Wings!!!
ENJOY THE RIDE