Photo
* - - - - 4 votes

why this season will not be different...

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:15 AM

I love this. No other team in the league would consider 2 second round losses failures! :)

except the capitals
and the penguins
and the canucks
and the sharks
and any other team that goes into those seasons as a legitimate cup contender

Edited by stinky fish taco, 31 October 2011 - 06:15 AM.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#22 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:46 AM

I don't think we need a massive firesale or anything but there is a few things I'd like to see. For now it's simple things just to win a few, like change the lines...

Flippula-Datsyuk-Hudler
Franzen-Zetterberg-Brunnstrom (really wish he could have got that shot but fingers crossed he clears waivers today)
Bertuzzi-Helm-Abdelkader
Cleary-Emmerton-Eaves

Lidstrom-White (sometimes white trys to make the play too often then just passing to Lids-Ian just pass it to Lids)
Kronwall-Kindl
Ericsson-Stuart (I know Stuart isn't a bottom two guy but I'd rather him with Big E)

Along with these lines I think this whole "bring me a new idea everyday" thing needs to be altered a little, because their idea's appear to be lacking...I don't really know what's going on behind the scenes but Babs needs to (and will) step up and f*** the s*** out of this team-take that however you want. Fix the power play sometimes we look retarted out there, and it is our "enforcer" after all. Stop the pinching D some of these pinching plays are set freakin plays for gosh sakes and there burning us.

Holland will need to pull the trigger on something, most people on hear knew we needed a top six scorer last year and this hasn't changed. I still don't think we will see a fire sale but someone needs to come in and we need room for them so time will tell who that will be. This will come later in the season, for know Babs and his boys better start to put up some wins and give Holland some damn time here before our hole is too deep. Howard will be very important yet again this year. Hold on kids...
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#23 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:54 AM

Line juggling can only take a team so far. It won't change the fundamental problems the team has faced the last couple of seasons. I agree that a firesale is unnecessary. But at this point what will really help the team more than line juggling is a bona fide second line scorer. Or even a 1st line scorer to round out Datsyuk and Z's line.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#24 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:33 AM

Line juggling can only take a team so far. It won't change the fundamental problems the team has faced the last couple of seasons. I agree that a firesale is unnecessary. But at this point what will really help the team more than line juggling is a bona fide second line scorer. Or even a 1st line scorer to round out Datsyuk and Z's line.

I do agree with you 100 percent that juggling only takes you so far. What I was trying to say was Holland isn't getting anyone to lace em up tomorrow night so for now we must use the cards in our hand, but bab's has been frustrating to watch at times by his odd juggling, scratching Eaves, overplaying Miller (he plays hard but has NO finish at all), not playing Bruno-not to mention his umbrella pp...I freakin' love Babs but recently it's been like watching someone trying to play chess but just they keep playing checkers.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#25 Learn2LuvIt

Learn2LuvIt

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:43 AM

No, no, no....let's continue to be enamored with average/good players who show up one out of five games, or look "real good" in Traverse City, or played real well for us in Grand Rapids, or have had one solid season out of the last four, or they were on the roster when we won the cup. Lets continue to say how great they are becuase they do charity work in the community, or someone met them and they were "really cool guys". Let's make sure our fan base is so blinded by these facts that their individual play night-in, night-out is the last thing we question. "I really hope Brunstrom clears waivers because he'll be great"....really??? ok, this from a few pre-season games....whatever. If that's what we're hoping to take us to the 3rd round, SCF, win a cup....then we as a fan base need to re-evaluate.

What a silly notion to hold a player accountable to the Red Wing way of winning damn near every night. At least in the past if we didn't win, effort was not the question. I think Stevie Y. would have a lot of problems with what is going on in the front office, behind the bench, and in the locker room. How about instilling one of the greatest motivators of all time: fear. Fear that if you don't produce, this country club exsitence know as the Wings is over (I mean country club in a good way and the way the Wings treat our players...from the tailored private jet to and from every game, to giving players a window of days off due to personal reasons/having children, being treated like movie stars around town, to the high end Illitch Xmas party, etc...the list goes on and on). How about if the Wings are such a "great organization" to play for, go out every night and play with maximum effort or else you're gone. How about "To whom much is given, much is expected". Seems like we are giving a lot to these players, and making excuses when they don't perform as expected. "I think this will be a break out year for Fil", "When Franzy's healthy he will do x", "Huds has been working real hard over the summer and looks in great shape", "We really liked Ian White in San Jose, we think he'll be good for us" (which is BS because Babs badly wanted Brent Burns), "Z is getting good opportunities, puck luck just isn't with him right now and nothing's going in" (bunch of bs...the pucks aren't going in because the shots aren't good enough to get passed the goalie), "Homer won't play in back to back games" (because he's old),"Pav is getting better and creating a lot of offense", "Abby has been one of our best players" (really???, your 3rd/4th liner is your best player....that's a problem) , "I think the Bert line has been the best line thus year", (yeah, except they can't put the puck in the net and run around behind the net and in the corners...places where it's impossible to score from).

Just to be more specific, I think Stevie Y. would be tempted to want to throttle Franzen and the way he floats around the ice, and skates through plays if he's not wide open or has to battle in the corners for the puck....and then is always yapping at the other team or refs. He's like a combination of Lang and Maltby...he shows up every so often, but runs his mouth constantly (so yes, he's lazy and he sucks, and has a big mouth). I digress.

Yes, it's very early in the season. But regardless of the scoreboard/record, we don't look right at all. Obviously I'm very frustrated. We are HockeyTown, the best place to place professional hockey on the planet. We need our players to start playing like they never want to play anywhere else every night. We need our fans to start demanding more. How about this.....F@$k you Franzen, show up every night or get to packing.

Go Wings

Edited by Learn2LuvIt, 31 October 2011 - 11:46 AM.

ENJOY THE RIDE