• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

11/25 GDT : Red Wings 3 at Bruins 2 (SO)

Rate this topic

Are they playing today or tomorrow? NHL.com says tomorrow....but why would there be a 1pm game on a Friday?

EDIT: And I've heard some people mention they play today.

EDIT 2: I see, the confusion being the strange start time, the calling it a Thanksgiving Classic despite not being played on Thanksgiving. Kind of sloppy on the part of the NHL.

Edited by VM1138

Does anyone ever visit the opposition gdt?

I do usually. It depends on who it is. Sometimes it depends on how the game is going *evil grin*

Thanks for the heart attack! I scheduled my whole day tomorrow around this game and then saw the GDT for today. I thought Alzheimer's had set in. Thankfully my schedule is still intact.

Happy Thanksgiving, all!

Current Streaks

Regular-Season Streaks

Overall: 3-game winning streak

Road: 2-game winning streak

Historical Regular-Season Streaks v. Boston

Overall: 2-game winning streak

Road: 1-game winning streak

Last Ten Games – Current Regular-Season

Overall: 7W-3L

Road: 4W-5L

Last Ten Games – Current All-Time Regular-Season v. Boston

Overall: 5W-4L-1OTL

Road: 6W-3L-1OTL

Home Stand / Road Trip

This is the only game of a one-game road trip

All-time Record v. Boston

All-time, Overall v. Boston

578G: 248W-234L-95T-0RT-1OTL-0SOL

All-time, Road v. Boston

290G: 92WL-154L-43T-0RT-1OTL-0SOL

Season Record v. Boston

This is this is the first, and only, regular-season meeting v. Boston this season.

Record on this Day

November 25

This is the 33rd regular-season game played on this day. The Club’s record in the previous 32 games:

19W-10L-2T-0OTL-1SOL

This is the 2nd regular-season game played v. Boston on this day. The Club's record in the previous game:

0W-1L

LGW.

NBC= Cherry Pickers.

I do usually. It depends on who it is. Sometimes it depends on how the game is going *evil grin*

Thanks for the heart attack! I scheduled my whole day tomorrow around this game and then saw the GDT for today. I thought Alzheimer's had set in. Thankfully my schedule is still intact.

Happy Thanksgiving, all!

;)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Looking forward to watching the game tomorrow. The pharmacist who works with my wife is a huge Bruins fan so I'm sure he's gonna pick on her a bit since they both have to work during the game.

As a side note, my daughter was watching the Macy's Thanksgiving parade and they had a float with Larry Murphy and Cam Neely to promote the game. She also asked if they were giving him dollar turkey sandwiches instead of dollar hot dogs to get him up early enough to ride the float. A perceptive 7th grader she is, or at least one who grew up watching the games regularly with Dad. :)

We would have to find a new man to stand between the benches.

Lol. Possibly though I think Murph can hold it pretty well. I'd be willing to bet he could survive the Strange Brew drinking game - take a swig of beer everytime somebody says "eh".

Lol. Possibly though I think Murph can hold it pretty well. I'd be willing to bet he could survive the Strange Brew drinking game - take a swig of beer everytime somebody says "eh".

On a slightly related note, my friends and I were watching the Wings game on tsn last night wishing we were playing the "Crosby Drinking Game" - a drink for everytime they broke to non Pittsburgh highlights and Crosby's name was mentioned. We would have gotten hammered.

Guest irishock

Huge games from Datsyuk and Zetterberg hopefully. Powerplay is going to be a struggle though, against such a good defensive team.

I smell a OT/SO win.

Boston respects Detroit too much to try antics.

They didn't last year even though they lost both games and were handed their ass in the second.

Respect has nothing to do with it.

It's an edge they have over most teams. Nothing wrong with using it. They may even remember last year's games and use that as an example of how not to play against Detroit.

They bullied the s*** out of Vancouver last year in the Finals as well. They're the new Ducks.