• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

50 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I don’t f***en get this deal at all , it’s a lot harder to land a #1 dman than a 2c ... you offer up Barrie across the league I can’t imagine they wouldn’t get bigger deals back especially if someone can lock him up AND they go and eat 50% off his salary ? Like wtf 

and you mentioned kerfloot was good for 40-45 pts , and kadri to me is a good player but I’m not as sold as most people are with him , had 2 30 goal seasons prior playing on a top 6 role I think? With all the ppl time with that stacked of a team? I mean I can see him easily going to Colorado and getting 45-50 pts which is basically kerfloots numbers 

I just don’t get this move at all 

Some are saying it's prep for the Seattle expansion draft. Barrie would have been the odd man out in every scenario for Colorado. Not sure I buy that though. Seattle really isn't gonna come online until 2021 from everything I've read.

45 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I think it was about getting a really good shutdown centerman to play behind MacKinnon. They had no depth at center and now, in theory, they have an outstanding one-two punch at center.

Kerfoot is a 24 year old center with similar numbers to Kadri though.

Is Kadri's defense really that valuable?

4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Some are saying it's prep for the Seattle expansion draft. Barrie would have been the odd man out in every scenario for Colorado. Not sure I buy that though. Seattle really isn't gonna come online until 2021 from everything I've read.

It was mentioned a lot while he was in Toronto how good of a shutdown C he was. I've never really paid attention, but if Babcock trusted him I imagine there's something to it. I'm still a bit surprised about the return though tbh. Isn't Tyson Barrie pretty darn good himself?

21 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I heard it was next year in the off season? Could be wrong either way if he was a trade chip surely you can get more for a #1 offensive dman, without throwing in 50% paid off and kerfloot who alone will likely be in the same ballpark of points as kadri ,just don’t get it 

#1 dman like Barrie with the chance for a team to sign him would bring back a hefty return and im sure a nice top prospect with 2c written over them + other assets could have been had , I’m sure Kyle Dubas worked his hacking skills and found some dirt on Joe 

1 minute ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

It was mentioned a lot while he was in Toronto how good of a shutdown C he was. I've never really paid attention, but if Babcock trusted him I imagine there's something to it. I'm still a bit surprised about the return though tbh. Isn't Tyson Barrie pretty darn good himself?

Yeah I would value Barrie much more than Kadri. He produces more points than Kadri as a Dman...

One of the issues I have with Kadri is he wasn't valued as a shutdown center until Babs forced him to be one. Babs is known for his defensive systems. Is Kadri going to carry that with him? Or is he gonna go back to being OG Kadri in Colorado?

Personally I value Kadri's defense like I do Helm's (another Babs trained player) and Helm doesn't even player center anymore and I wouldn't miss his D if it were gone (giggity).

That said I believe the math freaks love Kadri's defense, and like you, I haven't followed him enough to be truly confident in my immediate opinion. I know even less about Kerfoot TBH. He could be total trash as a defensive center, I honestly don't know.

When I think of shuttdown 2C's I think of Kesler, Dubinksy, Couturier, etc... not Kadri. But maybe my opinions need updating.

1 minute ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I heard it was next year in the off season? Could be wrong either way if he was a trade chip surely you can get more for a #1 offensive dman, without throwing in 50% paid off and kerfloot who alone will likely be in the same ballpark of points as kadri ,just don’t get it 

#1 dman like Barrie with the chance for a team to sign him would bring back a hefty return and im sure a nice top prospect with 2c written over them + other assets could have been had , I’m sure Kyle Dubas worked his hacking skills and found some dirt on Joe 

Yeah puck moving Dmen come at such a high premium, it's hard to believe Kadri alone got it done.

The Seattle expansion group wants offseason 2020, but I believe the NHL head office wants offseason 2021. Not sure why exactly, but it probably has to do with a possible impending lockout/work-stoppage in 2020.

That said, I can confirm the Key Arena here in Seattle has been under full construction and remodeling for the past 6 months. They're digging underneath the existing structure to expand the arena, which I heard was supposed to take a long time, but they've been literally working on it like it's the cure for cancer so it may be done relatively soon I''m not sure.

6 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Big Balls Bergevin strikes again. I love it. It's like every year he has to re-prove to the league that his dick is enormous.

Don't think I should trade Subban? Watch me. Don't think offer sheets are a thing? Watch me. Absolute alpha.

Dmv1ak5WwAIO6zf.jpg

Jesus - he's def on some testosterone replacement therapy...Guys in their 50's don't look this good 'normally'.

7 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yeah puck moving Dmen come at such a high premium, it's hard to believe Kadri alone got it done.

The Seattle expansion group wants offseason 2020, but I believe the NHL head office wants offseason 2021. Not sure why exactly, but it probably has to do with a possible impending lockout/work-stoppage in 2020.

That said, I can confirm the Key Arena here in Seattle has been under full construction and remodeling for the past 6 months. They're digging underneath the existing structure to expand the arena, which I heard was supposed to take a long time, but they've been literally working on it like it's the cure for cancer so it may be done relatively soon I''m not sure.

Yeah - I've heard about the miners digging underground for that precious franchise...Bastards...

19 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Hopefully it’s next off season which would put us in a position to lose someone like an ehn and not someone of extreme importance , quicker it’s over and done with the better 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

19 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Jesus - he's def on some testosterone replacement therapy...Guys in their 50's don't look this good 'normally'.

ToYVavx.jpg

Bergevin with assisnt GM Trevor Timmins (far left) who also shreds in the gym

CcMD9MAUUAAnPVi.jpg

Lapointe, Bergies director of player development, also still yoked

Bergevin has built a head office of Chad Alpha Males. If you don't sign good contracts with the Habs Bergevin and his staff will literally break you.

Relevant to the Kadri/Barrie trade

13 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Yeah - I've heard about the miners digging underground for that precious franchise...Bastards...

They're naked... and they're not wearin' any clothes too!

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

R

ToYVavx.jpg

Bergevin with assisnt GM Trevor Timmins (far left) who is also shreds in the gym

CcMD9MAUUAAnPVi.jpg

Lapointe, Bergies director of player development, also still yoked

Bergevin has built a head office of Chad Alpha Males. If you don't sign good contracts with the Habs Bergevin and his staff will literally break you.

French Canadian lumberjacks...

Image result for french canadian lumberjacks

8 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Kadri is a great shutdown center. Come playoff time, he's successfully shut down Kadri (a good shutdown center in his own right) on multiple occasions! 

10 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I'd forgotten Kerfoot is a center. Guess they just really like Kadri('s defense)?

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Kadri's contract is considered one of the league's best, I believe. 

Also, IMO, Tyson Barrie is over rated

Very. Some people calling him a "number one"... He's not a number one. Not even close. He might be a top pair defenseman, but I see him more as a really good 2nd pair defenseman.

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Why? There's no room for him. You really want a kid to have to play in GRs because of this signing? ;)

We would be trading for his rights. I have no idea what such a trade would look like, but I would assume a player would be moving out. If not in that trade, another trade.

Also, a 26 year old right-handed winger that could potentially be a point per game player, is a little different than the two signings we made yesterday...

13 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Twitter links not working again

Igor Eronko on twitter is saying Gusev wants 2 years at $4 mil.

Do it Steven

So, same term and less money than our offer to Nyquist.

Do it.

Edited by Dabura