• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:05 PM

IMO, any kind of "dance" or strange celebration outside of a fist pump or raising your arms up then hugging you teammates should be penalized in ALL sports. Score a goal, Homerun, Touchdown and dance around like a damn fool like you are bigger than the game then it's a penalty. I know they don't have penalties in baseball, but enough of the chest bumps and crazy handshakes. Enough of the endzone charades and dances and enough of the "salutes" and "discount double play's." Score, pump your fists, hug teammates, get congratulated and move on. Nothing ruins a great touchdown/goal/homerun more than the kind of stuff that goes on after. (not so much happens in hockey, but the other sports got to do something about it.)

:lol: :hysterical: at the negs. Thanks! I think I may just do a dance!

Agreed.

Seems as though being modest with your accomplishments is a thing of the past.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#22 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:56 PM

IMO, any kind of "dance" or strange celebration outside of a fist pump or raising your arms up then hugging you teammates should be penalized

If thats your stance, then why should fist pumping not be penalized as well? It is the EXACT same thing as the salute, only difference being that the fist is closed instead of an open palm...

#23 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,912 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:58 PM

Agreed.

Seems as though being modest with your accomplishments is a thing of the past.

More than that, just be excited and celebrate the goal.

The salutes and pointing your stick like a gun and the like are all premeditated moves the player does to call attention to himself. I'd take a Patrick Eaves spontaneous excitement kind of celebration any day over that.

#24 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,455 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:02 PM

or this:

cutest thing, ever. "Look at me!!! I'm a Red Wing!!!" :P

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#25 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:05 PM

My whole famil...they were all drunk, nevermind.

Ah, gotcha. For that game I might recommend getting drunk.

#26 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:31 PM

Ah, gotcha. For that game I might recommend getting drunk.

I'd recommend getting drunk for any game with Brian Billick doing commentary.

Prust with the assist on both goals too! :banana:

esteef

And hell doesn't freeze over! Whoda thunk it?!
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#27 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,617 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:40 PM

More than that, just be excited and celebrate the goal.

The salutes and pointing your stick like a gun and the like are all premeditated moves the player does to call attention to himself. I'd take a Patrick Eaves spontaneous excitement kind of celebration any day over that.

This is what I am saying. I am not saying do not celebrate your accomplishment, but all the staged antics and dances are annoying. Hey, let's pretend I am fishing after I make a tackle, let's do a salute (albeit a incorrect and almost pansy looking one) after I score a goal. I do not mind the pure excitement and celebration, but when a player in any sport does the same thing over and over (discount double check) it's like look at me, I am bigger than the game! Just freaking score and jump for excitement, don't put on the monkey act.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#28 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:51 PM

You caught that comment from Billick too?

Billick is an old wingbag who annoyed me during the entire Lions broadcast, although I do agree that Suh isn't a very classy player. You just don't speak your entire mind every chance you get like Brett Hull who had a short-lived job during intermissions for NBC. Just gotta use some tact.

As for the Rupp celebration, I don't think he would ever mock the military but clearly to Jagr who has been doing it since he's been in the NHL. No disrespect

#29 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:02 PM

I didn't think it was disrespectful. I thought it was just another goal celebration, I know that Jagr used to do that but it's not like the man has a patten on that celebration. My friend is a Wings fan but we do vary in opnions when it comes to certain aspects of hockey. He thought it was disrepectful to Jagr because he thought it was a mock on Jagr. I explained my point of view and he expalined his and I just thought this would be a good topic to see if maybe I was being insensitive about the situation or if he was over-reacting.

#30 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:06 PM

I do the discount double check after I drop a deuce.

#31 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:14 PM

My family is filled with people who served and we all watched it yesterday they all loved it, of course half of them are pens fans, lol.

#32 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:15 AM

I do the discount double check after I drop a deuce.

:lol:
IPB Image

#33 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:28 AM

Badass celebration
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#34 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:43 AM

If thats your stance, then why should fist pumping not be penalized as well? It is the EXACT same thing as the salute, only difference being that the fist is closed instead of an open palm...

It's a pretty standard reaction to good events or news.

I've never gotten excited about something then instinctively saluted the sky.

Either way, I don't care about celebrations as long as they don't turn into ridiculous dance routines like they have in the NFL.

Posted Image

#35 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:28 AM

I'd salsa dance after every NHL goal. A handful of people across the globe get to score an NHL goal every year, let them do whatever they want.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#36 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:46 AM

Moon the crowd!!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#37 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,744 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:03 PM

Moon the crowd!!

esteef

Already been done by someone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dmqGg6Ccvw
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#38 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:21 AM

NHL.com video: Bill Clinton can do it too

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#39 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 02:04 AM

Jagr pretty much summed it up, he doesn't score that much so might as well have made the most of it.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#40 lookalive07

lookalive07

--19--

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 02:32 AM

IMO, any kind of "dance" or strange celebration outside of a fist pump or raising your arms up then hugging you teammates should be penalized in ALL sports. Score a goal, Homerun, Touchdown and dance around like a damn fool like you are bigger than the game then it's a penalty. I know they don't have penalties in baseball, but enough of the chest bumps and crazy handshakes. Enough of the endzone charades and dances and enough of the "salutes" and "discount double play's." Score, pump your fists, hug teammates, get congratulated and move on. Nothing ruins a great touchdown/goal/homerun more than the kind of stuff that goes on after. (not so much happens in hockey, but the other sports got to do something about it.)

:lol: :hysterical: at the negs. Thanks! I think I may just do a dance!

Go ahead and do a dance. Be happy you brought your team up by a point. Don't be indifferent when you did something that changed the game. especially when it's important.

Posted Image