• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sputman

Flyers fans attack Rangers fans after Winter Classic

Rate this topic

Flyers, Rangers Fans Fight: Philadelphia Supporters Beat Up New Jersey Cop, Son.

article

facebook quotes from alleged attacker:

"It was me and my friends, do something about it. How dumb do I look knocking someone out pretty sure they look dumb eatin concrete."
Edited by sputman

Saw this yesterday on Broad Street Hockey. Pretty disgusting actions. Even Flyers fans are ganging up against these idiots and apparently the Facebook bragger has recanted now that he realizes he'll likely be in a s***load of trouble if it really was him.

Not that it changes anything, necessarily, but the officer is also a Marine Corps veteran with a Purple Heart. He could be a real ******* and it still wouldn't mean that he deserved to be jumped for arguing about a hockey game.

edit: This is getting good now. http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2012/1/4/2682669/flyers-rangers-fan-fight-genos-steaks-winter-classic

Edited by Travis

"It was me and my friends, do something about it. How dumb do I look knocking someone out pretty sure they look dumb eatin concrete."

affliction2.jpg

Dude shouldn't have been disrespecting me, bro. Also, this is me with my *****. She just gave me head. s*** was SO cash.

Is that a picture of him, or just some other douchebag duck facing it? Homie did get rocked at 0:29...but he was already standing there dazed. Why the f*** did that guy in the Staal jersey just stand there and watch them get beat down?

edit: This is getting good now. http://www.broadstre...-winter-classic

and that is ******* funny

Edited by rrasco

Can Philadelphia please be stripped of any and all sports teams? Their fans are among the worst human beings I've ever seen. Consistently.

I worry about the whole state of Pennsylvania when it comes to sports. The whole Penn State thing was just ridiculous to watch.

I have oftened wondered how certain people turn out the way they do....but I think I'm starting to figure it out. If this guy has children in the future, there is a good chance they will grow up to be something like their daddy.

You know, I try very, very hard to give Philly fans the benefit of the doubt; we as Detroit fans know what it's like to get painted with a very wide brush, and the law of averages alone dictates that not every PA fan is an ass, but it's getting more difficult by the minute. Just once I'd like to go to a Wings v Flyers game and not have a fight break out in the stands. Just once I'd like to hear of them facing adversity and handling it with grace. So if anyone could keep their eyes peeled for some such happy occurrence, I'd greatly appreciate it.

The spirit of hockey dies a little every time there is a story like this. The sad thing is that this kind of crap is happening more and more. I think true hockey fans would be shocked to know how often it does and is not reported. Sad.

Can Philadelphia please be stripped of any and all sports teams? Their fans are among the worst human beings I've ever seen. Consistently.

Get over yourself. I've been going to Wings-Flyers games in Philly as a Wings fan for 3 decades now. No issues (to include the 97 SCF games…). I didn't act like a ****** bag, I got treated like a hockey fan. Not to say there aren't d-bag Philly fans, but there are d-bag fans in every town with a team. Lots (but not all) of the stories about how horrible Philly fans are are exaggerated or completely fabricated because it's cool to tell a story about d-bag Philly fans. But no, one dude beats the crap out of somebody = all sports fans in a city of 1.5 million are horrible human beings…

I love the FB comment saying the guy licked his girlfriends ***! Well, it's all fun and game until a *** gets licked! I have been to plenty of "events" where drunk girls are whipping out there **** for one reason or another and for the most part they are accompanied by their boyfriends/husbands (or girlfriends, hey it's 2012) and there has been plenty of questionable touching, squeezing and yes licking. Not that it is alright to do this, but it happens and it happens a lot. Would he have reacted the same if another female licked her? Doubt it. So in a way I say he was a drunk idiot, but in another way, if this indeed happened maybe he was defending his girl in some manner. Maybe it wasn't about a Rangers fan vs. a Flyers fan, maybe chivalry isn't dead? I don't know, but I do know women like to expose themselves at celebrations for some reason and they have to expect certain things to happen in a drunk crowd. If the boyfriend is encouraging it, he has to expect it as well, but when the line gets crossed and at that point your woman feels violated then it was time to step up, and I have a feeling that this guy in the Rangers sweater wasn't just standing there not saying anything to the Flyers fan. It my woman even got touched in the wrong fashion, I don't care what sweater the guy was wearing, he is gonna get hit. First by my wife, then by me, if he is left standing after she hit him...

At least the guy defended his girl, it would have been sad if the Rangers fan got to lick the *** and then beat the hell out of the boyfriend...

I am not defending the violence, but I am just saying that if the licking happened then the Rangers fan had a beating coming...

Seriously, guys... being stationed in Europe (and across the US) has shown me just how BAD Americans look on the world stage.

That said, I LOVE my fellow Red Wings Nation. Most of us are just like the Wings, quiet, classy and oozing confidence. I see the occasional drunk fool taunting the home team (I was in Buffalo), but most of us, like our Wings, are truly the CLASS OF THE NHL!!!

Seriously, guys... being stationed in Europe (and across the US) has shown me just how BAD Americans look on the world stage.

That said, I LOVE my fellow Red Wings Nation. Most of us are just like the Wings, quiet, classy and oozing confidence. I see the occasional drunk fool taunting the home team (I was in Buffalo), but most of us, like our Wings, are truly the CLASS OF THE NHL!!!

What's wrong with taunting the home team? You don't have to be disorderly to rib them.

Get over yourself. I've been going to Wings-Flyers games in Philly as a Wings fan for 3 decades now. No issues (to include the 97 SCF games…). I didn't act like a ****** bag, I got treated like a hockey fan. Not to say there aren't d-bag Philly fans, but there are d-bag fans in every town with a team. Lots (but not all) of the stories about how horrible Philly fans are are exaggerated or completely fabricated because it's cool to tell a story about d-bag Philly fans. But no, one dude beats the crap out of somebody = all sports fans in a city of 1.5 million are horrible human beings…

You really think I'm basing my judgment on one event? Have you missed the last 40 years where Philly has more than earned the reputation as a hive of terrible sports fans? In every sport? Yeah, there are bad guys everywhere, but show me another town that CONSISTENTLY shows disgusting levels of violence and disrespect as Philly. Even Ken Dryden in his 1983 book recognized Philly as the worst sports fans. They had that reputation ALREADY back in the early 80s. They've earned it.

And, for the record, anecdotal evidence of your personal experience does not trump evidence gathered by news media for the greater part of 40 years. I hate that kind of defense. "Well I've never seen anything bad, therefore it must not be bad." I've never been shot or raped in Detroit but it happens.

And, just to put icing on the cake: recently a women was hit by THREE cars in Philly, they all drove off instead of stopping.

Edited by VM1138

You really think I'm basing my judgment on one event? Have you missed the last 40 years where Philly has more than earned the reputation as a hive of terrible sports fans? In every sport? Yeah, there are bad guys everywhere, but show me another town that CONSISTENTLY shows disgusting levels of violence and disrespect as Philly. Even Ken Dryden in his 1983 book recognized Philly as the worst sports fans. They had that reputation ALREADY back in the early 80s. They've earned it.

And, for the record, anecdotal evidence of your personal experience does not trump evidence gathered by news media for the greater part of 40 years. I hate that kind of defense. "Well I've never seen anything bad, therefore it must not be bad." I've never been shot or raped in Detroit but it happens.

And, just to put icing on the cake: recently a women was hit by THREE cars in Philly, they all drove off instead of stopping.

I never said you were basing anything off of one event. I'm not sure how you came to that point, but whatever, that's you, not me.

I have not missed what the media has been saying about Philly sports fans, which is why I also said

Lots (but not all) of the stories about how horrible Philly fans are are exaggerated or completely fabricated because it's cool to tell a story about d-bag Philly fans
. I stand behind that. It's like the booing Santa story. No one seems to understand the actual story, and more importantly, the context of the events. But, it's used, incorrectly, as proof that Philly has horrible fans. Again, I know there have been many instances where Philly fans acted poorly, the whole J D Drew thing, and appluading when Michael Irvin was injured coem to mind immediately, but I still argue that it's abotu the same as any city. Chicago had a father and son run on the field to attack a coach. Yet, there's no running meme about Chicago fans. I find it revealing that you are willing to discount 30 years of being an away fan at Philly games, to include playoff game the home team lost, but will use a book (a form of media) as evidence… and complain that my multiple experiences are a poor defense… while parroting the line media puts out there to have something to talk about. It's interesting circular logic, it's just not correct. It's sad that you will regurgitate what the media says without any firsthand experience (wait, you *have* gone to at least one game in Philly, right…?), while discounting the hundreds of times I have attended a sporting event in Philly wearing the jersey of a Detroit team with zero incidents. And I assure you, I am a vocal fan. But hey, Dryden says something, and ESPN agrees, so it's a fact.

I'm glad you feel that "a women" being subject to being hit by a car is icing on some sort of cake, but there's illegal activity in every city and town in the world. That hardly means the fans in that city or town are bad. Even if it happened in the parking lot of a sporting event, it shows you, at the worse, that three people are jackasses whose feeling of self-importance trump their desire to function responsibily in society. Wow, such damning evidence. Three people are assholes. Yep, the entire fanbase of the city is horrible. Hope you enjoy that cake.

I never said you were basing anything off of one event. I'm not sure how you came to that point, but whatever, that's you, not me.

I have not missed what the media has been saying about Philly sports fans, which is why I also said . I stand behind that. It's like the booing Santa story. No one seems to understand the actual story, and more importantly, the context of the events. But, it's used, incorrectly, as proof that Philly has horrible fans. Again, I know there have been many instances where Philly fans acted poorly, the whole J D Drew thing, and appluading when Michael Irvin was injured coem to mind immediately, but I still argue that it's abotu the same as any city. Chicago had a father and son run on the field to attack a coach. Yet, there's no running meme about Chicago fans. I find it revealing that you are willing to discount 30 years of being an away fan at Philly games, to include playoff game the home team lost, but will use a book (a form of media) as evidence… and complain that my multiple experiences are a poor defense… while parroting the line media puts out there to have something to talk about. It's interesting circular logic, it's just not correct. It's sad that you will regurgitate what the media says without any firsthand experience (wait, you *have* gone to at least one game in Philly, right…?), while discounting the hundreds of times I have attended a sporting event in Philly wearing the jersey of a Detroit team with zero incidents. And I assure you, I am a vocal fan. But hey, Dryden says something, and ESPN agrees, so it's a fact.

I'm glad you feel that "a women" being subject to being hit by a car is icing on some sort of cake, but there's illegal activity in every city and town in the world. That hardly means the fans in that city or town are bad. Even if it happened in the parking lot of a sporting event, it shows you, at the worse, that three people are jackasses whose feeling of self-importance trump their desire to function responsibily in society. Wow, such damning evidence. Three people are assholes. Yep, the entire fanbase of the city is horrible. Hope you enjoy that cake.

Well, I'm an historian. I don't discount factual evidence. Again, you've used individual examples like they are stand-alone instances. When they create a pattern, you can't just ignore that. And like you cited with the incident with Chicago, that was one incident, not a multiple decade long string of embarrassing events. And why would the media exaggerate what happens only in Philly? Again, as a historian it's hard to just ignore the evidence. And I'm not trying to explain why nothing bad has ever happened around you there, maybe you're lucky. The point is, that on the whole, Philadelphia has MANY more instances of gross misbehavior with regards to big crowds on a consistent basis than any other city I can think of. That would certainly logically conclude in a statement that Philadelphia has a much higher number of douchebag sports fans than any other city. Not all of them, but a much higher number than most people are comfortable with.