Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Kyle Quincey traded to Detroit in 3 team trade (TBL & COL)

• Please log in to reply
319 replies to this topic

#61 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:56 PM

What the hell man >.>
does this mean we can get rid of Kindl and Ericsson? I would rather see Smith and Commodore over those two.

#62 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:56 PM

quincey is a huge replacement over kindl, what if holland is expecting another team to overpay for kindl or someone else? (never know)

huge replacement? worth a 1st round pick?? jesus at this point id much rather have gotten kubina for a 2nd and 4th , hes gonna be in the 3rd pairing and hes making 3 million a yr along with ericsson , thats 6 million total for our 3rd pairing , thats crazyyy

And yes i do expect kindl gone with brendan smith up next year but theres no way in hell kindl will fetch a 1st round pick , we'll be lucky to get a 3rd for kindl

i dont usually disagree with kenny but this is a disaster of a deal , much rather have given up the 1st for like selanne as a rental or someone of that type

#63 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:57 PM

The rivalry is still intact! https://twitter.com/...076813797961728
https://twitter.com/...077013476179969

Edited by Tim.D, 21 February 2012 - 04:58 PM.

#64 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:58 PM

The rivalry is still intact! https://twitter.com/...076813797961728
https://twitter.com/...077013476179969

That's funny!

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#65 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,227 posts

Kindl for Adam Larsson... :)
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#66 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Looks like Stevie did us a favor:

Helene St. James @freepwings Close
Little gem here: It was Yzerman who made this happen. COL didn't want what Det offered directly, so Yzerman (TB) got Quincey (con't)

having pre-arranged what DET would give TB. Bear in mind, Wings 1st-round pick will be mid-20-to-30
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#67 Hank Dats 'N Homer

Hank Dats 'N Homer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:59 PM

LOGISTICS OF A DETROIT RED WINGS FIRST ROUND PICK:

-Not a sure thing (late 1st round picks in the NHL aren't necessarily toss-ups, but they are far from a sure thing)

-We wouldn't see whomever they drafted for AT LEAST 4 years anyway; so in the short term this is a good deal.

While I understand your logic of it all i still see this as a bad trade for 2 reasons.
1 )Quincey, in my mind, is in no way shape or form worth a 1st round pick. I mean we essentially gave away our 1st rounder for a 3rd pairing dman.
2) Just lost our biggest bidding tool. I understand your point about a 1st round pick not being ready to play for 4 years, and I'm not disputing that claim. Nor am i disputing the fact that we can trade away our first round pick and still be successful in the draft. My only problem is now we don't have perhaps our biggest negotiating tool (the first round pick) to put a package together for a big name player, that with our cap space, i though we were for sure going to get. Now, if we are to make a bigger splash at the deadline we will have to ship out more of our prospects to land someone. Which kind of negates your point about the "having to wait 4 years for the player to be ready for the NHL" argument. We will have to trade more players that have already been drafted and have matured a year or two already in the minors who are closer to being ready to play.

I just don't like how Holland has made this deal, whether it be a favor to Yzerman or whatever his logic is, i just hate seeing this first round pick go down the drain for a guy like Quincey.

#68 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:59 PM

Er... what the f***? :blink:

Well, at least he's still pretty young and has the potential, but I think 1st round pick is too steep.
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#69 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:02 PM

Stuart has probably told Holland that he will not be returning and this is why Holland get Quincey to be Stuarts replacement next year.

This. I would be surprised to see Stu back now anyway because i would hope we didnt trade a 1st for a 3rd pairing guy. I would imagine they want to give Quincey Stuart's playing time.

#70 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

I think people are overvaluing Detroit's first round pick, here.

Quincey is a young defenseman who can help Detroit this season, fetch a low price during the offseason, and possibly get us a couple picks in compensation if someone else decides to throw an offer sheet.

Not to mention Stuart may not be here next season and Lidstrom will either be getting marginally worse or retire. Doesn't hurt to have options.

Posted Image

#71 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

I think Kindl was being showcased for trade deadline. I expect Wings to move him soon.

I really hope you're right. :thumbup:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#72 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

While I understand your logic of it all i still see this as a bad trade for 2 reasons.
1 )Quincey, in my mind, is in no way shape or form worth a 1st round pick. I mean we essentially gave away our 1st rounder for a 3rd pairing dman.
2) Just lost our biggest bidding tool. I understand your point about a 1st round pick not being ready to play for 4 years, and I'm not disputing that claim. Nor am i disputing the fact that we can trade away our first round pick and still be successful in the draft. My only problem is now we don't have perhaps our biggest negotiating tool (the first round pick) to put a package together for a big name player, that with our cap space, i though we were for sure going to get. Now, if we are to make a bigger splash at the deadline we will have to ship out more of our prospects to land someone. Which kind of negates your point about the "having to wait 4 years for the player to be ready for the NHL" argument. We will have to trade more players that have already been drafted and have matured a year or two already in the minors who are closer to being ready to play.

I just don't like how Holland has made this deal, whether it be a favor to Yzerman or whatever his logic is, i just hate seeing this first round pick go down the drain for a guy like Quincey.

1.) IMO, Quincey is a top 4 D-man to play on our 3rd pairing :thumbup:

2.) You're pretty much dead on here.

#73 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:03 PM

our first isn't really a great bargaining chip. it looks good on paper but when other teams throw a first rounder into a deal its a much bigger deal as ours is likely a 27-30. we will see either ericsson or kindl traded for an early second most likely at this point. I wouldn't mind unloading ericsson's contract or else we will have too many guys on the back end with 3mil+ contracts. so really its quincey traded for a pick maybe 8-10 spots later in the draft. not bad.

CAN SOMEONE ANSWER THIS: does quincey play right side? i know he shoots left. but is he like stuart?

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#74 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:03 PM

huge replacement? worth a 1st round pick?? jesus at this point id much rather have gotten kubina for a 2nd and 4th , hes gonna be in the 3rd pairing and hes making 3 million a yr along with ericsson , thats 6 million total for our 3rd pairing , thats crazyyy

And yes i do expect kindl gone with brendan smith up next year but theres no way in hell kindl will fetch a 1st round pick , we'll be lucky to get a 3rd for kindl

i dont usually disagree with kenny but this is a disaster of a deal , much rather have given up the 1st for like selanne as a rental or someone of that type

He has the chance to at least beat out stuart. He can also play on the PP instead of hudler.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#75 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:04 PM

Quincey will play Thursday vs. the Canucks.

#76 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:04 PM

Lets look at this short term fellas: top 4 D-man playing in the 3rd pairing for us in exchange for a pick whom we wouldn't see for at least 4 years......

I love this pickup

And therein lies (lays?!) another point. Deetroit's got so much depth now some of those kids hanging out in Grand Rapids and elsewhere will go to waste anyway.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#77 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:05 PM

This. I would be surprised to see Stu back now anyway because i would hope we didnt trade a 1st for a 3rd pairing guy. I would imagine they want to give Quincey Stuart's playing time.

If Lidstrom returns the D pairings would look something like this:

Lidstrom/White
Kronwall/Quincey
Ericsson/Smith

Looks like Kindl, Commadore, and Stuart are as good as gone at the deadline or in the offseason.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#78 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:06 PM

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie DET likes/knows Quincey, former Wing. Good insurance if Brad Stuart goes to UFA or Lidstrom retires, tho many in DET think Nick comes back.

likes/knows quincey hahaha that makes me laugh liked him so much they put him on waivers for derek meech ... good move

#79 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:06 PM

Piche isn't an NHL d-man. So he's a throw-in that doesn't hurt the Wings in the slightest.

This is a late, late, LATE (we're talking 26th overall max) 1st rounder for Quincey. Q's on pace for 33pts last time I checked and is an instant upgrade for our third pairing and 2nd PP unit.

Hudler can move to the wing on the 2nd pairing, sliding Quincey into his place beside Kronwall.

Don't forget that Quincey really bloomed as an NHL player since being waived by the Wings. Last week when I was scouring his stats (I made a case in a forum post for the Wings to trade for him) he was leading all Colorado d-men in ice time per game, points, goals and shorthanded points.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#80 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:07 PM

I would trade Thomas McCollum and/or Landon Ferraro for Kyle Quincey in a heartbeat.

I don't think Kindl will be moved as the team can carry eight defencemen because of the injured forwards.

I'm quite sure Holland has no problem in re-signing Quincey so this trade is also about getting ready for the departures of Lidström and Stuart. They might return for next season but will probably be gone in few years anyhow. Wings have now five good young defencemen in White, Quincey, Ericsson, Kindl and Smith.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |