• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Kyle Quincey traded to Detroit in 3 team trade (TBL & COL)

Rate this topic

Young and can play the second PP pretty well, has 23 points this season. Not a big tough guy, but can throw a hit and has some size. Not a complete ***** anyways.

Well, pack your bags Kindl, theres no way the wings go with Kindl and Commodore scratched the rest of the way. Unless a complete shocker happens and Stuart is moved?

A really late first in this years draft isnt awful

Young and can play the second PP pretty well, has 23 points this season. Not a big tough guy, but can throw a hit and has some size. Not a complete ***** anyways.

Well, pack your bags Kindl, theres no way the wings go with Kindl and Commodore scratched the rest of the way. Unless a complete shocker happens and Stuart is moved?

id say unload kindl and a prospect or something for fistric and ott

So why are the Wings giving up a first round pick for a guy they drafted in the 4th round and then wound up waving for nothing? If he was that good to begin with they would not of waived him but now you give up a first for a cast off? Is Kenny Holland just feeling sympathy for Stevie Yzerman or does our team not believe in drafting in the first round? Brian Burke wouldn't of made this deal for God's sake!

That idea is certainly intriguing now. Maybe a sign & trade w/ Stuart to a west coast team for a top 6 winger?

People are going to grumble about this because of the situation, I think. If we were adding a 26-year-old RFA with 30-35 point potential and he DIDN'T have a history with the team, people would likely be more receptive to the idea.

ughhhhh i dont know if anyone else is pissed off about this deal as i am , quincey never should of left in the first place ! , i remember being pissed off cause he was 6'2 and i didnt wanna get rid of a big guy in the back and they put him on waivers knowing he'd be gone

Now we get him back but give away a first round pick , wtf??? kenny never throws away a 1st rounder and id be ok with it if we were gonna get like a pretty big name player but quincey???? seriously?? quincey is worth a 1st rounder?? that just blows my mind

And just because he got like 25 pts with colorado doesnt mean he will here , he will clearly be in the 3rd pairing ... im a little pissed off ..... and i do think with this move and brendan smith coming up next year jakub kindl is as good as gone , i expect him to be dealt soon

this trade had to been a favour to stevie y , much rather have had steve downie at this point

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

At this point in the trade I don't think it's a bad deal at all. I remember that a bunch of us, including me, were griping about letting him go and watching how well he did with the Avs. It ain't obviously over yet, but right now I'm happy he's coming back HOME.

I think Kindl was being showcased for trade deadline. I expect Wings to move him soon.

That's what I'm thinking too. Bringing in Quincey means both Kindl and Commie are going to be sitting, so I'd expect further moves from Detroit before the deadline.

Am i missing something here? How are people not more upset by this trade? I mean i know that he has improved since he left here getting to play more minutes elsewhere, but i just don't see how he is worth a 1st round pick. I know that the draft is a craps shoot and you can bust big time in the first round, especially late in the first round like we are projected to be but still, how is this not a bigger concern to people? We have so few early picks usually anyways, and to just give up our first rounder to get quincey back kind of bugs me. He may help out on the blue line and give us another guy for our 2nd PP unit, but was he worth a first rounder?

Also, does this deal make anyone else think that Holland couldn't make a deal for anyone else better? And he kind of jumped on it just to fill the void with the best he could? Should we not expect any other upgrades before the 27th? I mean he basically sent away our first round draft pick which i was hoping was going to be used in a package along with a player or two to land someone bigger at the deadline. Now all we have left as trade bait are our own roster players that most believe teams are interested in, and our few exceptional prospects that teams would find appealing but are players we shouldn't really part with. Im confused, upset and perplexed by this trade.

Am i the only one??

ughhhhh i dont know if anyone else is pissed off about this deal as i am , quincey never should of left in the first place ! , i remember being pissed off cause he was 6'2 and i didnt wanna get rid of a big guy in the back and they put him on waivers knowing he'd be gone

Now we get him back but give away a first round pick , wtf??? kenny never throws away a 1st rounder and id be ok with it if we were gonna get like a pretty big name player but quincey???? seriously?? quincey is worth a 1st rounder?? that just blows my mind

And just because he got like 25 pts with colorado doesnt mean he will here , he will clearly be in the 3rd pairing ... im a little pissed off ..... and i do think with this move and brendan smith coming up next year jakub kindl is as good as gone , i expect him to be dealt soon

this trade had to been a favour to stevie y , much rather have had steve downie at this point

quincey is a huge replacement over kindl, what if holland is expecting another team to overpay for kindl or someone else? (never know)

My friend text me and I had to rush onto here, and Twitter. He said he was in 'Quincey shock'.

Stuart is what I thought of as well. Kindl is the obvious guy to move but I don't think it would return much without yet more picks and prospects. Stuart to LA, some nice player in return, rather than another role playing D man or Penalty Killer, that we already have enough of to be honest