• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:39 PM

@DetroitRedWings: Babcock said that Jonathan Ericsson would be out about a month with a fracture in his wrist.

Edited by Tim.D, 25 February 2012 - 09:41 PM.

#2 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:41 PM

Per Babcock:

Detroit Red Wings ‏ @DetroitRedWings Reply Retweet Favorite Open
Babcock said that Jonathan Ericsson would be out about a month with a fracture in his wrist.

So I guess they will just run Commie and Kindl out there until E is back.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#3 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,025 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:42 PM

Makes the Quincey deal look alot better. Give's Commodore/Kindl another shot at playing time.

#NOMOREKINDL

#4 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

addition by subtraction :hehe:

But really... get well soon E

Edited by HockeytownRules19, 25 February 2012 - 09:43 PM.

#5 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,662 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:44 PM

There goes our chance at a Stanley Cup.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#6 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,225 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:45 PM

Get better quick, E.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#7 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:45 PM

I don't want to see guys get hurt but this will probably help Kindl and Commodore and certianly will decrease the times I scream at my tv.

#8 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:47 PM

Who knows maybe Kindl is shipped out on the deadline and they call up Smith?

I'd be ok with that until E gets back.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#9 Icesurfer

Icesurfer

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:51 PM

I predict St. Louis will now win the division. If Detroit doesn't take top seed their chances to make it to the Stanley Cup diminish tremendously.... they are not good on the road.
Defense and goaltending win championships!!!

#10 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:52 PM

I predict St. Louis will now win the division. If Detroit doesn't take top seed their chances to make it to the Stanley Cup diminish tremendously.... they are not good on the road.

St. Louis is worse than us on the road... what makes you think they will pass us?

#11 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:54 PM

I know a lot of ppl joke but I think this effects the D much more than people realize. Quincey still looks nervous and Kindl and Commie are streaky at best. E eats up a ton of minutes, plays the PK and has been solid for the team. I know all the Ericsson haters will be thrilled but I think it will effect the team with the lines and chemistry....I think it's a loss
Heal up Big Rig
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#12 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,662 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:55 PM

That might happen, but it has nothing to do with Ericsson's injury.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#13 diehardredwing19

diehardredwing19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:56 PM

I know a lot of ppl joke but I think this effects the D much more than people realize. Quincey still looks nervous and Kindl and Commie are streaky at best. E eats up a ton of minutes, plays the PK and has been solid for the team. I know all the Ericsson haters will be thrilled but I think it will effect the team with the lines and chemistry....I think it's a loss
Heal up Big Rig

iam 110% with you. you nailed it(y)

#14 turbowhistle86

turbowhistle86

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:56 PM

Why does it seem like injuries always screw us toward the end of the season? If STL beats us out for the division I could see us exiting in the first round...

#15 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:57 PM

St. Louis has a monster schedule coming up with alot of road games and they're worse than us in that regards.

We have an easy schedule coming up, so if anything we'd probably have no chance at the first seed with Vancouver's even easier schedule coming up.

bringit.jpg

#16 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:05 PM

addition by subtraction :hehe:

But really... get well soon E

Try something other than passive-aggressive bulls***. This is an inijured Detroit Red Wing you're chortling over.

There goes our chance at a Stanley Cup.

I'm sure you're going to find this hard to live with, but I am disappointed that you felt the need to make that comment.

Heal up Big Rig

^THIS^
I agree, and thanks. :thumbup:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#17 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:05 PM

Try something other than passive-aggressive bulls***. This is an inijured Detroit Red Wing you're chortling over.

I'm sure you're going to find this hard to live with, but I am disappointed that you felt the need to make that comment.

I apologize... I was just playing to the crowd... I actually think E is progressed really well throughout the season

Hopefully Kindl and Commie can fill the void

#18 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,421 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:09 PM

Heal up Big Rig

IMO Commie has been consistently average (for a 6th D). Obviously the Wings want an improvement, but Commie playing hasn't been very risky thus far.

#19 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:09 PM

I apologize... I was just playing to the crowd... I actually think E is progressed really well throughout the season

Hopefully Kindl and Commie can fill the void

I really, really appreciate your candor and your maturity. THANKS. Me too with Commie and Kindl. And mebee Smith. :beerbuddy:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#20 ilmickeyli

ilmickeyli

Meatwad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:18 PM

Stupid question but can we LTIR him now and free up space before Monday?
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!