• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 IrishWing19

IrishWing19

Token Irishman

• PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:03 AM

Saw this over on Reddit. Guy put up a photo on Facebook of a ring he found in the Andiamo's in the RenCen.

Looks like it's the real deal, hope he does the right thing and returns it to the Wings.

Edited by IrishWing19, 01 March 2012 - 10:03 AM.

#2 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,337 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:13 AM

If it is in fact Hank's Cup ring (it certainly looks legit to me) - then it needs to be returned to it's rightful owner.

Showcasing it only adds to the douchebag factor...I hope the guy does the right thing.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#3 ilmickeyli

ilmickeyli

Meatwad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:16 AM

Better contact the wings.. It makes me want to contact them and have them look into it if they aren't contacted.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#4 Trastion

Trastion

Prospect

• 42 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:18 AM

Most likely the story is BS. I have a picture of one of Doug Brown's Stanley Cup rings on my hand next to my wedding ring (which is pretty unique). I took the picture at a signing that he was letting people try on one of his rings while signing and taking pics. So it would not be hard for this person to get a picture with a wings ring, especially one that may do signings.

#5 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:20 AM

If this in fact Hanks ring this guy better do the right thing and give it back. Karma will not be with you if not
IPB Image

#6 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:22 AM

The guy sure as hell can't wear it on those sausage fingers lol

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#7 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,256 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:47 AM

I don't think the guy is a ****** for taking a picture and posting about it. I would too. I think he's a ****** for asking "should I sell it or call the Wings?"

Jackass.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#8 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:51 AM

I don't believe that's the real ring, or atleast I can't see the numbers. Legitimate Stanley Cup rings have each players number on it, and quite frankly that would be the first thing I took a picture of if I had just found a "real" ring.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#9 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:19 AM

They do sell replicas; although I don't see one with Z's name on it.

http://www.ebay.com/...cat=0&_from=R40

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling, $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, Glendening, Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: Glendening.  MOTB TOTAL: $0

#10 jroc86

jroc86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:37 AM

Thats not Hanks ring. The 2008 rings are the Ruby encrusted ones surrounded by gold - this one is a replica you can buy for a couple hundred bucks. This guys just trying to trick some poor meatsack into giving him a couple grand.

#11 allyourphil

allyourphil

Draftee

• 6 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:40 AM

clearly a prank, how would it have been accurately appraised with the appraiser being unable to decipher the player's name. "Zetter...something else". yeah okay.

#12 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,337 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:42 AM

They do sell replicas; although I don't see one with Z's name on it.

http://www.ebay.com/...cat=0&_from=R40

Thats not Hanks ring. The 2008 rings are the Ruby encrusted ones surrounded by gold - this one is a replica you can buy for a couple hundred bucks. This guys just trying to trick some poor meatsack into giving him a couple grand.

Wow - did not realise that we average "Joes" could go out, and buy something like that.

Anywho - the guy still comes across as a douchebag, but that's just my opinion.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#13 IrishWing19

IrishWing19

Token Irishman

• PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:06 PM

Nope, definitely the 2008 ring, the 1998 and 2002 were ruby and gold.

#14 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,176 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:12 PM

Crosby paid him to steal it.

:hehe:
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#15 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,549 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:18 PM

POPULAR

Guess Z will just have to go out and get himself another one this spring.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#16 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:22 PM

I don't think the guy is a ****** for taking a picture and posting about it. I would too. I think he's a ****** for asking "should I sell it or call the Wings?"

Jackass.

I think he's a ****** for saying Zetter-something, yeah f*** off bud.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#17 Solidus

Solidus

Jr. Prospect

• 19 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:38 PM

Isn't there some law that says if you find something you have to report it to police? And if no one claims it then you can keep it?

#18 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:51 PM

The real rings have 6 diamonds across the top of the Stanley cup carving. The replica's in the ebay link have 4 diamonds across the top of the cup. His has 6 diamonds.

Also the fakes look cheap and fake. Is there a place you can buy quality replicas?

#19 weGotTheCup89

weGotTheCup89

This is for the Wings fans!

• PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:00 AM

Saw this over on Reddit. Guy put up a photo on Facebook of a ring he found in the Andiamo's in the RenCen.

Looks like it's the real deal, hope he does the right thing and returns it to the Wings.

Thank you for feeding the trolls =/
Q: Of all the individual trophies you have not won, which one would you most like to win?
Datsyuk: I have so many of them that I haven't won. I think I would most like to win a trophy to the best goaltending duo.

#20 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:19 AM

He should take it to Pawn Stars. Rick and Corey will see that it's a replica within seconds.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons