Quincey vs. Stuart

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Sentell

Sentell

Jr. Prospect

• 26 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

Should Wings Keep Brad Stuart or Kyle Quincey or Both? Stuart has been a player on this team since the deadline of 07-08. He has always been a Loyal Defense men Offensively and Defensively. He is in his early thirties and his contract will be up this summer. I think that he will leave the Red Wings but i think he should stay. Kyle Quincey's contract will be up at the end of the year also. I think that Ken will keep him because of previous deadline players he has kept. He is young and a good second liner Defensemen but is getting ice time as a third liner. So Holland will most likely keep one as long as Lidstrom stays for next year which is a different topic.

In my Opinion they should keep Kyle Quincey.

Posted Image

#2 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:06 PM

Given from what I've read in the recent past online (mlive, freep etc.) the few times that Stuart and his situation is mentioned it looks like he already has one foot out the door. Just wants to be closer to family back in California. Totally understandable. So I'm not expecting him back.

Wouldn't be shocked if Qunicey is offered a multi-year deal. Not against it either.

#3 Sentell

Sentell

Jr. Prospect

• 26 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:12 PM

If Lidstrom Retires which i think he will not because of the Winter classic. Holland will most likely sign both Defensmen (Quincey,Stuart) and probably another to keep the Red wIngs D rolling

Posted Image

#4 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:15 PM

Doesn't sound like Stuart wants to come back, but if he can be had, we should sign them both.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#5 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:22 PM

Doesn't sound like Stuart wants to come back, but if he can be had, we should sign them both.

I don't think that is true... He has always said he wants to come back just the big family issue back in cali might force him to move back closer to home... There is no doubt Stuart would re-sign with the wings if he got the "OK" from his family, which sadly I don't think will happen

#6 Sentell

Sentell

Jr. Prospect

• 26 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:25 PM

Quincey has still got many more years too go. Stuart not as many. Stuart will probably want a contract for the rest of his career around 3.5-4.5 Mill.

#7 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:43 PM

Well, first and foremost let's hope Lidstrom will go one more year. If he doesn't, then I think it's almost a certainty that Stuart will be re-signed. I know Brad wants to be with his family in California, but with the cap space we have I'm sure Holland will offer him more $ than any of the Cali teams. And the Red Wings 'playoff guarantee' year after year should also help sway his decision. Plus, the deal would likely be only 2-3 years tops, then he can go back to Cali.

I don't think it's really a question of Stuart or Quincey. From what I've heard Holland is definitely sticking with Quincey for the next few years. So it really just comes down to what Lidstrom does, and how much space we have. If Lidstrom does play for one more year (please hockey Gods let it happen), we still have a chance to sign Stuart, but we might not be able to overpay for him. If that happens let's just hope his desire to win more Stanley cups outweighs spending a few more months with his family for just a few more seasons.

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#8 Sentell

Sentell

Jr. Prospect

• 26 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:59 PM

I agree but If lIdstrom stays which he probably will because of the 2013 Winter classic Holland will most likely sign one and with all the stuff about Stuart and his Family he will most likely not sign and Quincey will sign. Holland may also trade his rights to a team in Cali.

#9 WMUCarGuy

WMUCarGuy

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:26 PM

Stuart is gone. We can quit debating it. No chance he's back next year.

#10 Sentell

Sentell

Jr. Prospect

• 26 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:31 PM

We will see but your probably right thats my prediction.

#11 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,858 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:49 PM

If it was possible, the Wings would keep Stuart indefinitely. He's been a rock. If Stuart could get his family to migrate to Detroit, Stuart by all accounts would love to stay with this team and continue to enjoy high-level teammates and stability in a franchise second-to-none in how they treat their personnel. Unfortunately, it looks like the stars won't be aligning for the Wings and Stuart. It really is a shame. Completely understandable, but its gonna sting for both parties to end a great working relationship. I'd hate to be Stuart having regrets watching the Wings excel when he ends up in LA or San Jose.

#12 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:56 PM

If possible I would say to keep them both
Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#13 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:31 PM

Sentell you've been here for all of 12 posts and you have a better understanding of how to post pics than I do.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#14 Sentell

Sentell

Jr. Prospect

• 26 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:59 PM

Its simple just go to google images and type the s*** you want and than copy it and then paste it on the reply and such.
And yeah crosby is a crybaby *****

#15 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:40 PM

Its simple just go to google images and type the s*** you want and than copy it and then paste it on the reply and such.
And yeah crosby is a crybaby *****

I think i'm gonna like you sir. :thumbup:

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#16 luvmnger

luvmnger

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:01 PM

the story behind Stuarts family is if his wife moves out of Cali. they lose custody of his step daughter to her ex.husband.

and that's not gonna happen.

he loves Detroit....but hates to miss his family and they are locked in for quite a few more years (she is still young)

sometimes your family comes first over personal career triumphs.

we have to respect that and move on.

just like lidas if he leaves....we will have to cope. his family will come first.
Dino Ciccarelli will always be #1

#17 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:35 PM

Stuart is gone. We can quit debating it. No chance he's back next year.

Suter and Weber aren't coming here and very one still debates that.

If Stuart will sign for 2-3 mil we should keep him. He wants to go back to Cali, but I don't see any team out there that will sign him to their top four.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#18 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:38 AM

$2-3M???? Stuart is worth more like $4-5M.

Anyway, he ain't coming back, thats why we got Quincey.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#19 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,075 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:40 AM

I'll be surprised if Stuart returns.

Quincey, on the other hand -- that's sort of why he was brought back in, no? To soften the blow of the (seemingly inevitable) loss of Stuart?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#20 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:48 AM

Quincy will be qualified this summer- Holland said so the day he brought him back.
Stuart is as good as gone - money is not the issue.
RIP #24