• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Shea Weber fined for Zetterberg "headslam"

Rate this topic

So let's see if I get this...

Weber INTENTIONALLY slams Z's face into the boards/glass with the intention of injuring him. There is NO OTHER EXPLAINABLE REASON for doing what he did other than to injure him. BUT, Z was not injured. So therefore, no suspension.

I'm sure Weber was simply trying to show Hank just how clean the staff at Bridgestone Arena keeps the glass from a closer angle. :ph34r:

Nashville fans are crying on their board about the fact that Zetterberg hit Weber first, but even better yet, they are all in an uproar over no discipline to Bertuzzi for punching Gaustad in the face (with his glove on, in a scrum, face to face, like you see 100 times in a game) and they are PUTTING A BOUNTY OUT ON BERTUZZI'S HEAD!!! Read below from the Preds forum:

If every fan in attendance put in a dollar, we could come up with a pretty good bounty on Bertuzzi. Hell if we took it out of the arena, and even to all NHL fans, bet the bounty could be very nice for someone hahah. He does not have too many fans outside of Detroit.

We actually think Bettman will allow one of his southern expansion teams to lose a key player? Against Detroit? Not a chance. Weber gets a fine, a "strongly worded" public admonishment, and a quiet handshake from Bettman when nobody's looking.

I hate it when I'm right.

Nashville fans are crying on their board about the fact that Zetterberg hit Weber first, but even better yet, they are all in an uproar over no discipline to Bertuzzi for punching Gaustad in the face (with his glove on, in a scrum, face to face, like you see 100 times in a game) and they are PUTTING A BOUNTY OUT ON BERTUZZI'S HEAD!!! Read below from the Preds forum:

Well there are no shootouts in the playoffs so losing Bert wouldn't hurt much haha. I would pay 2500 bucks for a player to knock Webers ass right out in a second lol.

wink_normal.jpgNotPavelDatsyuk @NotPavelDatsyuk

I am counting out 2,500 dollar bill right now. Plan to tape brick to end of my hockey stick for tomorrow.

lol

Zetterberg is so dirty for pinning Weber against the boards, what on earth was he thinking? I still have not seen this Bertuzzi punch. If he did, good, I like it when he's riled up. If it's such a big deal, why is there not a video of it on Youtube?

Edited by rrasco

...seriously? $2500?

That's like pocket change for most hockey players. What a bunch of s***.

They should tack an extra zero on that fine and suspend him for at least one game, if not two. UGH. So pissed right now. :ranting:

Zetterberg is so dirty for pinning Weber against the boards, what on earth was he thinking? I still have not seen this Bertuzzi punch. If he did, good, I like it when he's riled up. If it's such a big deal, why is there not a video of it on Youtube?

Here's the game highlights from TSN. Shows the VICIOUS hit Zetterberg laid on Weber, Weber's "minimal" response, and Bertuzzi's devastating suckerpunch... a little sarcasm there, but listening to that little no neck bowling ball head coach at the end really makes me laugh!

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip656565#clip656565

What ******* retards. Die Nashville, die.

Called it last night, no surprise. On the bright side every time some team has scumbagged it up against us it has given the Wings motivation to win the series. Thanks Weber.

There is a few fools over on HFBoards saying that Z stomped on Weber's ankle with his skate blade and thats what pissed him off enough to slam his face into the boards. I didn't see a foot stomp, not sure what game they were watching.

"As I stated above, the ruling was too harsh on Weber. Not only that, I can't believe they are letting Z getting away with being such a sissy. I hope Weber creams him into next week in Game 2 so he can REALLY know what it feels like to be hit by a "Weber Slam"

Lol. I took this right from a the Preds forum. Really? I mean are people really so biased towards their team that they think an action like this is cool and part of hockey?

Disgusting on ice behavior ridiculous that he gets a $2,500 dollar fine. That does absolutely nothing. Weber is the captain of his team, and this was just pathetic on his part.

Edited by CaliforniaWingsFan

Whatever. I don't agree with the ruling, he deserved a suspension but again whatever. This will fuel an anger the big re machine, and that is not something opponents want so watch out Nashville were coming! Yes the wings will be physical, but no they will not be stupid and reckless, but don't think the s*** that went on to hank and pav won't light a fire under this team. Nashville better be ready for a red wings team they have not seen in a long time cause they thrive off ahit like what happened at the end of the game

There is a few fools over on HFBoards saying that Z stomped on Weber's ankle with his skate blade and thats what pissed him off enough to slam his face into the boards. I didn't see a foot stomp, not sure what game they were watching.

My god all z did was pin him. People today, wow I feel sorry for them.