• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Shea Weber fined for Zetterberg "headslam"

Rate this topic

The league and Predators have demonstrated what IS important and what is not that much:

* Tortorrela fined 20K for words on you know who;

* Predator player fined 2.5K (8 times less) for slamming opposing player's head to the boards with clear intent to injury;

Note: fuching lawyer Gary was in presence.

Weber smashes Zetterberg's head into the glass = $2,500. John Tortorella calls the Penguins arrogant and whiners = $20,000.

seems like we were writing these at the same time :)

Edited by ami

What's done is done. Shanny has said this will factor into any other questionable actions Weber takes.

We all knew he wouldn't be suspended, as the NHL makes more exception to their own rules than congress.

Hopefully the Wings make them pay in goals against, and send these Chuckelheads to Dollywood.

Coaches aren't unionized, therefore not bound by the $2,500 MAXIMUM fine players are.

That doesn't matter. The league is the ultimate disciplinarian, be it a coach or a player who needs to be disciplined. Sending a message that a coach who verbally attacks opposing players gets a fine that is 8x more than a player who physically attacks opposing players is stupid, and downright dangerous.

No one out there (be it fan, player, or pundit) believes that the $2,500 is enough to "match the crime". If that's the case, and $2,500 is the maximum fine that can be levied, then a suspension needs to be assessed to pick up where the small fine leaves off.

...seriously? $2500?

That's like pocket change for most hockey players. What a bunch of s***.

They should tack an extra zero on that fine and suspend him for at least one game, if not two. UGH. So pissed right now. :ranting:

Not bad for someone that makes $91,463.41 a game. Poor kids will probably have to go without shoes this year.

All the Bertuzzi haters we have here. Who else would be able to take on Weber and win in a fight on our team? No one but Bert.

I hope Bert Steve Moore's Weber. I used to like Weber but that was some Bush League BS. $2,500 is laughable when you make as much as Weber.

On a side note: I remember watching the Wings in 08' and seeing the passion and dominance. The slow decline since then, we really need to get younger and faster. It's almost like night and day from 08' to now. That's all.

And there Hank knelt to collect himself. Alone! This is a Kenny team. Sorry it is hockey. Webber should have been picking himself up off the ice. We don't have that dimension. That's part of why my favorite team will be golfing in 5.

While I don't agree that our lack of physical play/enforcer spells doom for us in this series it sure would be nice to have a couple of guys to lay some big hits on the Preds and to challenge Weber. Is there anyone serviceable that we could have brought up from the Griffins? Emmerton essentially brings nothing to the table so why not?

What a joke. Its ridiculous how the NHL allows players to get away with cheap shots like this at the end of playoff games because there really are no reprocussions to doing so. He gets a 2 minute minor at the end of the game which means nothing, and he gets fined $2500 which he probably makes to play 1 minute in the next game.

Nothing like preaching player safety, and protecting the head while allowing someone to deliberately elbow someone in the back of the head, then drive his head face first into the glass afterwards.

Unreal. Only in Gary Bettman's NHL.. .

The NHL is a huge joke, granted even after the hit I would love to see Webber in a Wings jersey. But it should be a game suspension at least. Now if the Wings can steal game 2 and bring it home, that's the best revenge. Guys are gonna have to start getting physical, or the wings are gonna have to score on the powerplay. They will run is until we are all injured, why not, not like we score on the powerplay. Until we do that, or get physical, looking at you Franzen, Bertuzzi, Abby, Big E, Stuart, Quincy they will play Smashville hockey, can't blame the Preds for that, its up to the Wings to turn this around fast. Get Physical or Score with the extra man its really that simple.

The NHL is a huge joke, granted even after the hit I would love to see Webber in a Wings jersey. But it should be a game suspension at least. Now if the Wings can steal game 2 and bring it home, that's the best revenge. Guys are gonna have to start getting physical, or the wings are gonna have to score on the powerplay. They will run is until we are all injured, why not, not like we score on the powerplay. Until we do that, or get physical, looking at you Franzen, Bertuzzi, Abby, Big E, Stuart, Quincy they will play Smashville hockey, can't blame the Preds for that, its up to the Wings to turn this around fast. Get Physical or Score with the extra man its really that simple.

Both Wing's goals were on the PP last night...

s*** if thats the case if i were a wing id go do the same s*** to one of their players. whats 2,500$ when you make 6+ mil.

Even though I don't condone it, I was thinking it would be hilarious the first time one of our guys has one of theirs on the boards, just drop their stick and start slamming their head into the glass. After all, that's evidently acceptable.

I guess Hank should of fallen to the ice and rolled around like he had been shot by a sniper in the crowd <_< .. What a joke the NHL is. I guess head shots are still good

Edited by wingslogo19

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2012/04/red_wings_henrik_zetterberg_fe_1.html

Zetterberg said he was mad after the hit, which cracked his helmet in two places.

“I thought it was dirty,'' Zetterberg said. “I think it was directed toward my head and if you look at what’s happened over the last few years with all of the head injuries I think that should not belong in the game.”

He said he was “a little woozy'' after the incident but recovered quickly.

Asked if he was upset that Weber was not suspended, only fined $2,500, Zetterberg said, “You can’t really control what isn’t in your hands.

When he saw it on tape Weber grabbing the back of head and driving it into the glass, Zetterberg said, “I thought it looked bad, but I guess it wasn’t bad enough.

This league is a joke sans punchline. Pathetic. Shanahan fines him peanuts and then says "but NEXT TIME, boy will he be in trouble". Shanny, I've lost all faith in you.