Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:59 PM

Maybe LCP......Little Caesars Place.

Or

PPP. Pizza Pizza Place

As much as I hate the bland corporate names, I would actually like Pizza Pizza Place.

See my issue with anything pizza related is that in Michigan probably ten years back or so there was a place called Little Caesar's Caesar Land/Palace or something like that. It was a place for kids to play, kind of like a discovery zone or Chucky Cheese or what have you. So if they named it something along those lines that is all I would think of. :huh:

Posted Image

#22 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:01 PM

I don't think it would be Little Caesar anything...the whole idea of selling the name is to make money, not spend your own money on the name. Iltich would make no money by buying the naming rights from himself...

I like these:

Delta Centre

Meijer Gardens

Cadillac Centre

PNC Place

Edited by LeftWinger, 09 June 2012 - 10:15 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#23 NotTooAbby

NotTooAbby

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:39 AM

It was called Caesar Land and it was fantastic. A friend of mine had his 9th or 10th birthday there....it was awesome. It was the Little Caesar equivalent of Discovery Zone/Chuck E Cheese but way cooler...no Simpsons Arcade but still great none the less. Mr. I, being the great owner that he is, is entitled to that choice. Would you rather have new place called the Call Sam Arena??? Come to think of it, as long as Richard is on the photo, I could care less.

See my issue with anything pizza related is that in Michigan probably ten years back or so there was a place called Little Caesar's Caesar Land/Palace or something like that. It was a place for kids to play, kind of like a discovery zone or Chucky Cheese or what have you. So if they named it something along those lines that is all I would think of. :huh:

#24 redwings1914

redwings1914

Wingin' It since '90

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:52 AM

Get rid of the goal horn, it's too boring. We need something deep that annoys opposing fans like the hawks predators stars and ducks. Get rid of Karen Newman, she has always sounded awful and isn't Attractive as she thinks she is by the way she dresses. The "new" pa announcer who handles most of the announcements must go too, his voice tone is too high pitched for the job.

And for the love of god. Hey Hey Hockeytown needs to be either refreshed or retired. It makes me wanna sit down instead of cheer and be loud.
It is not a sprint, yet a marathon.

#25 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:40 AM

Without Budd Lynch we wouldn't have anymore Budd Lynch goals, oh yeah... :hehe:

OP, I'd like a copy of the goal horn mp3 to load onto NHL 12; although I don't remember if they let you set audio for goals or not.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#26 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:20 AM

I don't think it would be Little Caesar anything...the whole idea of selling the name is to make money, not spend your own money on the name. Iltich would make no money by buying the naming rights from himself...

I like these:

Delta Centre

Meijer Gardens

Cadillac Centre

PNC Place

Cadillac Centre gets my vote. :thumbup: :thumbup: Sounds classy!

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#27 Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Starting Goaltender

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:28 AM

Without Budd Lynch we wouldn't have anymore Budd Lynch goals, oh yeah... :hehe:

OP, I'd like a copy of the goal horn mp3 to load onto NHL 12; although I don't remember if they let you set audio for goals or not.

Attached Files

[ Image violated Forum Guidelines. Please use images sixed 400x100 pixels or smaller. ]

Just playin Chris, you know I love you!

lilja is an icelandic pony
lilja is an average high girl with blond hair and very sexy
lilja is about the sweetest kitten we have raised here
lilja is the comatose victim of a questionable accident

#28 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:32 AM

PNC Place

PNC already has the hurricanes.

i still hold out hope for "Little Caesar's Arena Arena"
Posted Image

#29 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:12 PM

Get rid of the goal horn, it's too boring. We need something deep that annoys opposing fans like the hawks predators stars and ducks. Get rid of Karen Newman, she has always sounded awful and isn't Attractive as she thinks she is by the way she dresses. The "new" pa announcer who handles most of the announcements must go too, his voice tone is too high pitched for the job.

And for the love of god. Hey Hey Hockeytown needs to be either refreshed or retired. It makes me wanna sit down instead of cheer and be loud.

you're so pleasant.....

#30 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,196 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:12 PM

When the Wings get a new arena, please do not sell out. Have a name that reflects the city like Joe Louis, not another arena named after a bank or a feminine hygiene product.

That is all.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#31 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:11 PM

No to Budd Lynch? Really?

I've never been to the Joe, but Budd is an icon.

Might as well dump Ken Kal and all are banners while we're at it.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#32 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:57 PM

Attached File(s)

Thanks!

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#33 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:51 PM

I like Cadillac Centre, or GM Place, Wings can use it now since Vancouver is Rogers Arena.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#34 redwings1914

redwings1914

Wingin' It since '90

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:07 PM

you're so pleasant.....

I named the 4 things that I don't like about the Joe, there are a lot more things that I want to keep. Changing those 4 things would make a new arena not neccessary IMO. I go to a hockey game to watch hockey not to look at a building
It is not a sprint, yet a marathon.

#35 Cali-Wing-Nut

Cali-Wing-Nut

Guppie Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:37 PM

I know they probably cannot do it but Caesars Palace would be fitting.

Gordie Howe Pavillion

Red Wings Center

Motor City Arena

JLA Memorial Auditorium

Olympia Colosseum

The Horn and absolutely without a doubt, the boards better make it over. I laugh everytime a national broadcaster or rival teams announcer comments about the "lively boards". They are the most important thing about the JLA in my opinion.
I'M WRECKING SHOP!!!

#36 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:16 PM

Any way to make sure that one of the things that doesn't change is this? Pretty please?

Posted Image

Edited by ogreslayer, 10 June 2012 - 10:17 PM.

#37 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,725 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:17 PM

I like Oldsmobile Place better. :cool:
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#38 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:03 AM

Thanks! You think if Ilitch likes it that he'd throw me some cash? :lol:

anyway, I like it and it kills two birds, not only does it have the Corporate aspect to it with the Cadillac division of GMC, it also celebrates the founding father of the city of Detroit...Antoine Laumet de La Mothe, sieur de Cadillac. Not only do I see cars and trucks in the lobby, along with statues of great Red Wings of History, but a statue of Mr. Cadillac and a nice little history lesson of the city would be awesome!

PNC already has the hurricanes.

Whoops...my bad!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#39 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:12 AM

Thanks! You think if Ilitch likes it that he'd throw me some cash? :lol:

anyway, I like it and it kills two birds, not only does it have the Corporate aspect to it with the Cadillac division of GMC, it also celebrates the founding father of the city of Detroit...Antoine Laumet de La Mothe, sieur de Cadillac. Not only do I see cars and trucks in the lobby, along with statues of great Red Wings of History, but a statue of Mr. Cadillac and a nice little history lesson of the city would be awesome!

Whoops...my bad!

Maybe he'll throw a little Caesars gift card your way or something haha.

But I'm definitely for anything tht helps the image of the city of Detroit. And I hope our new arena can show class just the way the wings organization does.. Thus a "classy" arena name like cadillac centre sounds great.

I like Oldsmobile Place better. :cool:

I can only imagine the jokes people would make.. We're already considered an old team haha

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#40 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:06 AM

My favorite thing about the Joe is that it's not named after some s***ty corporation. I know the new one will be, but I really loved the fact that the Joe was named after something relevant to Detroit's sporting history.

Yet another of the many reasons I love the Packers. Lambeau Field, without any chance of taking on a corporate sponsor. When the organization wanted to add the atrium and renovate the stadium, the county I (and Lambeau Field) resides in voted to raise its taxes to pay for it ($550 million to be exact), and the Lambeau Field name remains.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).