#41 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,081 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:45 PM

Just thinking out loud with a little "Monday Morning QBing" thrown in:

Let's say, knowing what we know now in terms of the Red Wings' playoff performance, that Holland DID trade Brad Stuart to the Rangers for the rumored 2nd and 3rd round picks, and now had them at this disposal.

How willingly do you think he'd be in using them as rights ammunition for for Suter and Parise? A bit different without them, especially since you're already missing your 1st.

#42 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:55 PM

Let's say, knowing what we know now in terms of the Red Wings' playoff performance, that Holland DID trade Brad Stuart to the Rangers for the rumored 2nd and 3rd round picks, and now had them at this disposal.

How willingly do you think he'd be in using them as rights ammunition for for Suter and Parise? A bit different without them, especially since you're already missing your 1st.

Maybe EJ or Billy Pidto will ask him about all of this on NHL Live today. Just saw the tweet that Kenny's supposed to be on today.

#43 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:56 PM

Damn you Matt! :D
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#44 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:18 PM

If you trust the sources being thrown around on twitter, Suter is telling the team that he doesn't want to play in certain places such as Philly.

Many of these sources also place Detroit on the top of his list. I still think who ever trades for him will have a decent shot at signing him, especially if it is the Wild. I don't see the Preds trading to the Wild or the Wings as they would be new division rivals.

Watch out for the Kings to make the deal for Suter and Parise. They could pay both 8 million for life and only lose Stoll in the process. They also still have one of the most stocked AHL clubs and have the ammo.

I am hoping that both Parise and Suter tell the teams they wont sign with anyone prior to july 1. Not just for us, but it will make the entire free agency process better, and will improve our chances at signing second choices and keeping our pipeline going.

The only trade I would consider at this point is Quincey's rights for Suter's.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#45 Pasha 13

Pasha 13

Jr. Prospect

• 18 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:35 PM

Apparantly Suter does not want to go to philly. If true, perfect. Philly is one team I was sure would trade for his rights.

http://www.csnphilly...medium=referral

#46 Kerjuxaxaxa

Kerjuxaxaxa

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:48 PM

If you trust the sources being thrown around on twitter, Suter is telling the team that he doesn't want to play in certain places such as Philly.

Many of these sources also place Detroit on the top of his list. I still think who ever trades for him will have a decent shot at signing him, especially if it is the Wild. I don't see the Preds trading to the Wild or the Wings as they would be new division rivals.

Watch out for the Kings to make the deal for Suter and Parise. They could pay both 8 million for life and only lose Stoll in the process. They also still have one of the most stocked AHL clubs and have the ammo.

I am hoping that both Parise and Suter tell the teams they wont sign with anyone prior to july 1. Not just for us, but it will make the entire free agency process better, and will improve our chances at signing second choices and keeping our pipeline going.

Keep in mind that Kings will need to resign Quick next season, who could get Rinne-kind of contract.

#47 Jedi

Jedi

In this town of Halloween...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,816 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

The Kings are already fairly well stacked at D, and they don't have any free agents on the blueline. I'm not so sure that they'd be major players in the Suter sweepstakes. Parise, definitely.

y4m8.png
"Come with us and you will see, this our town of Halloween..."

#48 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,698 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:47 PM

Right now, I trade Mursak, J. Andersson, 5th round pick for this Parise Rights guy...

Nashville won't trade us Suter Rights, but someone else may. Orchastrate a deal with someone to trade for Suter Rights and then trade Kindl, <prospect>, 3rd round pick to them.....Then we have the Rights Brothers all to us!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#49 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:40 PM

I do not understand why players in the situation that Suter and Parise are in right now do not take more control of their future. If they are not going to resign with their current teams, they should just say "I'm not signing anywhere until 7/1 so don't trade for my rights." Most likely, both of these guys will be signing deals for the remainder, or at the very least the vast majority of the rest of their careers. Why would they want to hurt the franchise they will spend the rest of their career with right off the bat? They are in the driver's seat.

#50 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,081 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:14 PM

Keep in mind that Kings will need to resign Quick next season, who could get Rinne-kind of contract.

Could? Will. Quick is a Stanley Cup champion and Conn Smythe Trophy winner. He'll get more than Rinne.

--

As for the others... I'm convinced Suter will sign here, no matter who he has his rights traded to. I wouldn't even consider trading for the rights if I'm Ken Holland. The red carpet is practically rolled out from here to Nashville. The situation couldn't be presented any clearer to Suter as it is.

Parise, though? That's a rights-trade I would absolutely consider. If I were to wager a guess I'd say Holland and Co. is confident in nabbing Suter, but it may help snagging Parise's rights before July 1 to not only know you've got him and won't get into a bidding war after July 1, but you've got Zach signed, Suter's going to sign with you, too -- and now you've got a very clear idea of what kind of cap space you've got left, what assets you have left to use as trade bait, etc., VERY early in the UFA-frenzy. Especially if you're looking for a big 4th-line body (Gaustad?) or another 2nd-tier defenseman (Garrison, etc..)

That's gold, in my mind.

#51 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:30 PM

Could? Will. Quick is a Stanley Cup champion and Conn Smythe Trophy winner. He'll get more than Rinne.

--

As for the others... I'm convinced Suter will sign here, no matter who he has his rights traded to. I wouldn't even consider trading for the rights if I'm Ken Holland. The red carpet is practically rolled out from here to Nashville. The situation couldn't be presented any clearer to Suter as it is.

Parise, though? That's a rights-trade I would absolutely consider. If I were to wager a guess I'd say Holland and Co. is confident in nabbing Suter, but it may help snagging Parise's rights before July 1 to not only know you've got him and won't get into a bidding war after July 1, but you've got Zach signed, Suter's going to sign with you, too -- and now you've got a very clear idea of what kind of cap space you've got left, what assets you have left to use as trade bait, etc., VERY early in the UFA-frenzy. Especially if you're looking for a big 4th-line body (Gaustad?) or another 2nd-tier defenseman (Garrison, etc..)

That's gold, in my mind.

I agree. I would add that if KH can get Parise locked up before July 1, that is an incentive for other FAs to come here.
RIP #24

#52 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:53 PM

If we can get him at a decent cost than I'm all for that but I'm not for trading away any more Draft Picks or any of our good young prospects. If we dont get him than fine let's pursue someone else but I'm not for giving up a ton for him.

#53 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,301 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:15 PM

Wings have an opportunity to really do some amazing things this summer and possibly extend their success... Kenny really needs to be aggressive...
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#54 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:45 AM

Latest/greatest...

http://www.mlive.com...d_wings_58.html

Report: Ryan Suter not interested in Flyers, any East team, Red Wings believed to be top choice

There will be much rumor, speculation and innuendo regarding prime free agents Ryan Suter and Zach Parise until their destinations are determined, on, before or shortly after July 1.

Here is the latest: According to Tim Panaccio of CSNPhilly.com, Suter is not interested in playing for the Philadelphia Flyers, and the Detroit Red Wings are his top choice.

#55 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:03 PM

I do not understand why players in the situation that Suter and Parise are in right now do not take more control of their future. If they are not going to resign with their current teams, they should just say "I'm not signing anywhere until 7/1 so don't trade for my rights." Most likely, both of these guys will be signing deals for the remainder, or at the very least the vast majority of the rest of their careers. Why would they want to hurt the franchise they will spend the rest of their career with right off the bat? They are in the driver's seat.

Because the player has no say in their rights getting traded provided they don't have a clause preventing it. The team they currently play for makes this move (regardless of the players' desire) in order to not get left empty-handed.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#56 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:54 PM

I factored that in. Gagne's 3.5 comes off the books, and the cap was projected to be 76 million before they settled on temporary cap of 70.6 I think they have 8.5 to play with the following season and they wouldn't pay quick more than 6... It certainly would make them tight against the cap and cost them players along the way. Long term contracts on superstars seem like the way to go still.

Because the player has no say in their rights getting traded provided they don't have a clause preventing it. The team they currently play for makes this move (regardless of the players' desire) in order to not get left empty-handed.

You are missing what he was saying completely. He wasn't saying the player has any say on a trade, he was saying the player doesn't have to sign anywhere. I agree with him, I would definitely at this point say in a press release I have no intentions of signing anywhere until after July 1st. Even if he resigns, you are going to get more money if you go to the market.

I would respect a player way more if he said that, thus making trading for him so soft you would get less than what Holland got for Stuart, rather than letting your former team rip off someone or signing outside of UFA.

My stance remains, never trade for rights.

I would do what the owner of the Wild did, (I still don't know how that isn't tampering) I would have Ilitch say out and out, we will not be deterred in our pursuit of the X player. Just make it clear that people who could be UFA, should go to UFA. I just know it would be a double standard situation where the Wild can do it, but the Wings can't.

I think anyone who doesn't test UFA after having rights traded is a moron. If they traded for you, you know at least two teams will bid against each other for your services.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#57 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:27 PM

You are missing what he was saying completely. He wasn't saying the player has any say on a trade, he was saying the player doesn't have to sign anywhere. I agree with him, I would definitely at this point say in a press release I have no intentions of signing anywhere until after July 1st. Even if he resigns, you are going to get more money if you go to the market.

I would respect a player way more if he said that, thus making trading for him so soft you would get less than what Holland got for Stuart, rather than letting your former team rip off someone or signing outside of UFA.

My stance remains, never trade for rights.

I would do what the owner of the Wild did, (I still don't know how that isn't tampering) I would have Ilitch say out and out, we will not be deterred in our pursuit of the X player. Just make it clear that people who could be UFA, should go to UFA. I just know it would be a double standard situation where the Wild can do it, but the Wings can't.

I think anyone who doesn't test UFA after having rights traded is a moron. If they traded for you, you know at least two teams will bid against each other for your services.

I understood what he was saying. My contention is that typically players that were drafted and played their entire career for a franchise don't come out and screw said team that way. They decide to move on with their career but 9 out of 10 times, its not as if they want their former team to burn either.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#58 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:15 PM

Chelios Pushing For Suter?

Word is longtime Blackhawk Chris Chelios is trying his best to sell Chicago to his good friend Gary Suter, the uncle of prized free agent D-man Ryan Suter.

The Blackhawks are still looking to fill out their coaching staff and LA Kings assistant Jamie Komponís name has been brought up. Kompon may stay put after the recent run to the Stanley Cup. Kompon worked under Quenneville for several years in St. Louis.

http://www.truehocke.../Hot-Stove-Time

Also talks about Semin coming to the Wings. Also, tweets have came out stating that the Philly report is completely untrue and there is no list for Ryan Suter currently. Obviously, he isn't going to say if there was, or wasn't but thats the latest.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#59 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:35 PM

Cheli trying to push for Suter to sign in Chicago? I call bulls*** on that rumor given that, oh I don't know, the fact that Cheli actually works for the Wings maybe.

#60 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:39 PM

Cheli trying to push for Suter to sign in Chicago? I call bulls*** on that rumor given that, oh I don't know, the fact that Cheli actually works for the Wings maybe.

Thats what caught me off because he's apart of our development program right now. I don't know why he would be pushing for Chicago and didn't Gary Suter PLAY for Chicago? I like to throw out articles for others though, and that is why I posted it.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.