• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
dirtydangles

High End Trade Options

Rate this topic

Now that Staal has rejected a 10 year deal from the Pens, things get interesting. Nash isn't the only high end player possibly on the trading block. Bobby Ryan's name has floated around too. It would be interesting to see how the individual value of the players pans out now that there are multiple options for teams to trade for.

What do you think it would take for each of these guys (considering we trade for 1):

Nash (6 seasons $7.8mill)

Ryan (3 seasons $5.1mill)

Staal (1 season $4mill)

I'd say our top trading asset would be Filppula. Then others include Franzen, Abdelkader, Picks, Prospects. So if we miss out on Semin and Parise who would you prefer, and let's hear what your proposal would be?

Ryan is the most realistic. I doubt Howson will trade with a division rival, and I don't want to take on the risk of Staal not re-signing here after one year. I don't like doing proposals but something like:

Franzen, Abdelkader, Kindl for Ryan, 3rd rounder?

Stall is not happening, he may get traded this season so Pittsburgh doesn't lose him for nothing, but he has made it clear he wants to play with his brother in Carolina. At least thats what Dreger and Mackenzie were saying on Sportscentre.

If a high end trade is going to happen, it will probably be with and East team. No one in the west is going to trade a star to us without pillaging the farm.

Milan Lucic would be at the top of my list and very realistic I think considering Boston is going to have to sign Him, Marchand, and Seguin to big raises next offseason.

The only reason I see Staal wanting Detroit would be that Z and Dats are almost 10 years older and he would allow them to play together again and he would be guaranteed the future in Detroit unlike Pens who have 2 young unbelievable centres in Crosby and Malkin. Staal is the best fit I think of the 3 but also the youngest.

Lowest price tag would be ryan then staal (because ufa in 1 year) then nash would be highest i bet.

I'd do Franzen, Abby, Jurco, 2nd for Staal at the draft. Abby can be replaced. Franzen is a sniper they want, but his age is an issue so they would want a sexy prospect like Jurco. Then throw in the 2nd rounder.

Would trade Filppula, Cleary, Hudler's rights and 1st.

Filppula > Ryan, which makes that trade beyond ridiculous. I would LOVE Ryan though. Trading for him along with Signing Parise would make our offense sick. Parise with Pav and Franzen and then Ryan, Zetterberg and Filppula? Shiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Not sure how we could trade for him though. I don't think getting rid of Franzen is worth it, unless it's a straight up trade or we get something back along with Ryan.

a sexy prospect like Jurco.

I think he is sexy too.

What do you guys think of trading for James van Riemsdyk? He has some great potential and might be slightly cheaper than Staal/Ryan (I actually don't know this for sure; I am just going off stats). Although it might be hard to get him since the Flyers seem to want to use him as trade bait for Nash/Ryan.

Guest Johnz96

Now that Staal has rejected a 10 year deal from the Pens, things get interesting. Nash isn't the only high end player possibly on the trading block. Bobby Ryan's name has floated around too. It would be interesting to see how the individual value of the players pans out now that there are multiple options for teams to trade for.

What do you think it would take for each of these guys (considering we trade for 1):

Staal (1 season $4mill)

I'd say our top trading asset would be Filppula. Then others include Franzen, Abdelkader, Picks, Prospects. So if we miss out on Semin and Parise who would you prefer, and let's hear what your proposal would be?

And apparently Kane doesn't want to sign with the Jets.

Anyone of those guys would be a great addition for the Wings except Nash, he is way overpayed

Would love to get Bobby Ryan.

Would trade Filppula, Cleary, Hudler's rights and 1st.

If they didnt want that then I would rather keep the team we have.

Overpayment. Flip 66 pts, Ryan 57. I wouldn't trade Flip 1 for 1 with Ryan at this point. He's been consistently improving and has become Z's Wingman and is doing quite well. And on top of that, Flip's work ethic, hustle and defensive side of the game is more valuable than Ryan's. if Huds walks like he should then this Brunner character could be the 3rd addition to that line.

I'd rather pay less and try to get Van Riemsdyk from the Flyers with a deal that doesn't include Flip. Tatar is trade bait as far as most of us are concerned, so use him and another prospect and pick....this is all assuming Parise goes elsewhere or back to Jersey.

Tatar is trade bait as far as most of us are concerned, so use him and another prospect and pick....this is all assuming Parise goes elsewhere or back to Jersey.

He's the biggest trade bait in any NHL video game - it's a sign.

The thing is, if we trade fil for a winger, we need to find another future top 2 centre to replace him (maybe Jarnkrok). It would make sense to replace Franzen (winger) with Ryan (winger) and then we add to make it even. Would cost a lot more than franzen though.

ryan for filppula isnt even close.

4 years scoring 30 goals is quite an accomplishment to say the least... and at 25 years old? get real people... flip is a solid 2nd liner... ryan is a bonafide 1st line sniper, gonna take a lot more then filppula for sure

Edited by DangleDangleBeach

Staal (1 season $4mill)

I have zero interest in Nash's bloated contract. He's signed way too long for that cap hit. Add to that the fact that he's never scored 80pts and only topped 70pts once in his career and I can't justify adding him as one of the top 10 highest paid forwards in the league.

No one will want Abdelkader-- he's unsigned and unproductive offensively. Sure he hits and plays a gritty game but guys like that are a dime a dozen.

I'd be happy to get Staal or Ryan, although Staal would be a foolish choice unless you could garuntee he would sign an extension.

The guy the Wings really need to jump on is Yandle. Spector's Hockey is reporting that Yandle is on the trading block right now. That kid can flat out play (offensively and defensively). He's a young defenseman who could win a Norris one day.

The guy the Wings really need to jump on is Yandle. Spector's Hockey is reporting that Yandle is on the trading block right now. That kid can flat out play (offensively and defensively). He's a young defenseman who could win a Norris one day.

I like that idea.... but who would it cost us? I'm not sure we have the pieces to offer anything comparable.

Staal is a free agent next year. No way I would give up Franzen OR Flip for him. Both? Seriously?

that would be the only way we would get him because his stock is lowered. consider that he scores more goals than both, is 4 years younger than flip and has played 3rd line minutes and is an absolute beast of a man.

Overpayment. Flip 66 pts, Ryan 57. I wouldn't trade Flip 1 for 1 with Ryan at this point. He's been consistently improving and has become Z's Wingman and is doing quite well. And on top of that, Flip's work ethic, hustle and defensive side of the game is more valuable than Ryan's. if Huds walks like he should then this Brunner character could be the 3rd addition to that line.

I'd rather pay less and try to get Van Riemsdyk from the Flyers with a deal that doesn't include Flip. Tatar is trade bait as far as most of us are concerned, so use him and another prospect and pick....this is all assuming Parise goes elsewhere or back to Jersey.

It's pretty comical how many people think unproven players and rookies can walk into Hudler's spot and put 25+25 up. :lol:

It's pretty comical how many people think unproven players and rookies can walk into Hudler's spot and put 25+25 up. :lol:

i think the only current capable one is Nyquist. on a line with Z and Flip i believe he can do it. Not with Homer and Emmerton like the 2nd half of his games last season. Other than that, i think that even guys like Tatar and Jarnkrok need to prove themselves more. Pulkkinen i don't think will be anything more than what he is now and will remain in Europe, but i could be wrong. I'm not really big on Hudler and think there could be better options, but if he wants to sign for $3mil, then go ahead. Over $3mil is reserved for offensive superstars and great 2-way forwards like Filppula has become. I for one think that Z's points go up even more if he get a linemate like Prust to get dirty and get him and Flip the puck and go to the net like a hungry bulldog. Guess we'll find out in the next 10 days what's gonna happen with Hudler.

The Twitterverse claims Phoenix will want a center in any deal for Yandle.

I wonder how Shane Doan feels about them trading their #1 Defenseman?

I would love to bring in Keith Yandle. I don't know who I'd be willing to part with though, especially if they want a center. I will say this though, I hope Holland does something HUGE. Wether it's landing Parise AND Suter or making a trade for a big name player that will help us. Like a "shocker" type when we traded for Hasek! :)