• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Suter Watch: Decision today, down to Wings/Wild

Rate this topic

Please sign now and just have everyone shut up about this, especially Minnesota media, fans, and just straight up random people talk about Suter and Praise is straight up disgusting to listen to. Fans think if they get both, should my as well hand them the cup and skip to next year season (although they say this every damn year lol), media thinks since Praise was born here he should play here (umm.. no? Get a better reason), and my favorite random ass people who think they know what there talking about. Like for example, this morning listening to a radio show here in town and they're talking about this whole thing. The guy knew what he was talking about because his son plays hockey on my cousin team so he is pretty knowledgeable to the whole thing but the girl had no idea wtf he or probably even she was saying. She was more focus on trying to bring them 2 here on her "looks"? :shock: .

Why would they be there courting him? They could very well be there finalizing and picking him up to bring him to the Joe for the presser... according to most NHL experts at TSN and ESPN, Suter to Detroit is a done deal...I will go with that until it changes.

So lets just say, Wings contingent in Madison finalizing deal and bring Suter to Hockeytown.

Why would they be there courting him? They could very well be there finalizing and picking him up to bring him to the Joe for the presser... according to most NHL experts at TSN and ESPN, Suter to Detroit is a done deal...I will go with that until it changes.

So lets just say, Wings contingent in Madison finalizing deal and bring Suter to Hockeytown.

Man I hope you are right. Just reading what you wrote just got me all warm and fuzzy. So what number is Drew Miller going to wear? :P

My God, Twitter is exploding with jokes regarding this. My favorite few examples...

Don't be surprised if #planegate is just Ilitch delivering pizza to Chelios in Suter's driveway. Cheli demands his Hot n' Ready.
Man, it took Papa Johns five years to agree to deliver to my street 2 miles away. Little Caesars will fly to WI? F you, Papa John.
Illitch should take his plane to Columbus and then Anaheim and just to eff with people.

Please sign now and just have everyone shut up about this, especially Minnesota media, fans, and just straight up random people talk about Suter and Praise is straight up disgusting to listen to. Fans think if they get both, should my as well hand them the cup and skip to next year season (although they say this every damn year lol), media thinks since Praise was born here he should play here (umm.. no? Get a better reason), and my favorite random ass people who think they know what there talking about. Like for example, this morning listening to a radio show here in town and they're talking about this whole thing. The guy knew what he was talking about because his son plays hockey on my cousin team so he is pretty knowledgeable to the whole thing but the girl had no idea wtf he or probably even she was saying. She was more focus on trying to bring them 2 here on her "looks"? :shock: .

THANK YOU! I live in the western suburbs of the Twin Cities, and I'm seriously going to lose some Minnesota friends over this!

Since I relate everything in Minnesota back to the movie "Fargo", basically the whole state thinks they're the know-it-all banker father-in-law/grandpa ("No Jean, no money!") with old-school hockey connections...when in fact they're all Jerry Lundegaard.

Folks, Minnesotans have been talking for MONTHS like this was a done deal, and obviously Zach wanted to come home and lead the Wild to their inevitable Cup. Few problems there:

(1) It hasn't happened yet! Money doesn't seem to be an issue here, so even if he does sign with MIN, it's pretty obvious he thought damn hard about NJ, PIT, and several other teams.

(2) Parise is not a blind Minnesota homer. As evidence of that fact, he played his college hockey at NORTH DAKOTA! If Zach Parise based his entire life around what the average Minnesotan wanted, he wouldn't have gone and played for the biggest rival the University of Minnesota has in college hockey.

(3) Your team sucks. Sorry, it just does. As strong as you believe your fanbase to be, the organization has been terribly run and has two freaking Playoff series wins in their entire existence. (The fanbase bit is a big lie, by the way, as the "Team of 18,000" here is, at best, a cult following. The Wild generate zero buzz here, and coverage is swallowed by anything Vikings and Twins. Even their TV ratings are decidedly middle-of-the-pack among other U.S markets).

Nevertheless, it's been months and months of coverage and anticipation that Parise is going to sign with this team that missed the Playoffs by 14 points last year. Please make it stop.

At the risk of stating the obvious, the Wings need to make the all out push for Suter. If they don't land Parise, it's not gonna kill the team. They've still got a lot of offensive talent. But without a big name blueliner, our defense is looking scary. And not in a good way.

Maybe they just parked the jet there so Holland can low-ball Howson.

We are talking about an organisation that paid the Russian mob to help Konstantinov defect from the Russian miltary by forging doctor certificates stating he had inoperable brain cancer.

In Soviet Russia, brain cancer operates you...