• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#121 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:05 PM

Holland please do not sit on the biggest cap room you've had since there's been a cap. Please.

#122 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,496 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:08 PM

"Part of this might be that we might have to go with some kids that we think are ready."
-- Ken Holland, Wings general manager, on the future of his team

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitne...9#ixzz1zh4zCk00

Doesn't that imply a forward(s) being traded? The Wings youth is on forward, but the Wings have enough forwards signed. IMO Smith is the only dman ready to make the jump.

#123 Agalloch93

Agalloch93

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:08 PM

This is what I'm praying for (and not expecting) at this point.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Alexander Semin ($6.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Shane Doan ($4.500m)
Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Bobby Ryan ($5.100m)
Damien Brunner ($1.350m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)
Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Drew Miller ($0.838m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Tobias Enstrom ($3.750m)
Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Brendan Smith ($0.875m)
Pavel Kubina ($2.500m) / Ian White ($2.875m)
Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,792,045; BONUSES: $425,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $407,955

has us putting Eaves on LTIR and throwing Cleary somewhere (prob in one of the trades). we just have way too many forwards. Nyquist is traded. Abdelkader goes somewhere. I hate that we have Bertuzzi, he just doesn't fit ANYWHERE.

I think our best bet is to just load up on offense at this point because our defense is going to suck no matter what now.

man, that's the most unrealistic roster ever. I have no idea what we trade to get Ryan and Enstrom. We're so screwed.

#124 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:10 PM

This is what I'm praying for (and not expecting) at this point.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Alexander Semin ($6.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Shane Doan ($4.500m)
Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Bobby Ryan ($5.100m)
Damien Brunner ($1.350m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)
Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Drew Miller ($0.838m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Tobias Enstrom ($3.750m)
Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Brendan Smith ($0.875m)
Pavel Kubina ($2.500m) / Ian White ($2.875m)
Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,792,045; BONUSES: $425,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $407,955

has us putting Eaves on LTIR and throwing Cleary somewhere (prob in one of the trades). we just have way too many forwards. Nyquist is traded. Abdelkader goes somewhere. I hate that we have Bertuzzi, he just doesn't fit ANYWHERE.

I think our best bet is to just load up on offense at this point because our defense is going to suck no matter what now.

man, that's the most unrealistic roster ever. I have no idea what we trade to get Ryan and Enstrom. We're so screwed.

Utterly unrealistic, but I give you mad props for daring to dream.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#125 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:26 PM

I like how LGW makes up these crazy trade scenarios!
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#126 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:28 PM

Hmm might be time to see what kind of stones Holland has. He didnt overpay the free agents (cant necessarily blame him, he tried), time to overpay for some decently young talent through trades. The prospect pool is rich, and there is a lot of forwards so a couple roster guys can be moved.

I would sign Semin if hes being reasonable price wise, and try to sign a top 4 D (Carle). This gives the flexibility to move someone like Flip or Franzen for and have their scoring replaced by Semin, same with adding Doan.

Theres definitely a trade on the horizon that could see some young talent coming in. There just has to be

Edited by newfy, 04 July 2012 - 04:30 PM.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#127 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:29 PM

There haven't been many viable trades proposed here.

#128 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:32 PM

There haven't been many viable trades proposed here.

First you have to consider:

A - Do you want to win?

B - Do you want to blow it up and rebuild?

Does that make too much sense?

#129 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:40 PM

Dreger suggests we are in on the Nash talk right now
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#130 Agalloch93

Agalloch93

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:40 PM

If we end up signing Doan, check out the ages of our top 6:

Doan: 36
Datsyuk: 34
Zetterberg: 32
Franzen: 33
Filppula: 28
Samuelsson: 35

Oh my god. That's horrible depressing, especially when you consider an ancient Bertuzzi is sitting in the bottom 6. At least our defense is young....... except Smith is really the only one with any potential. Kronwall is already 31. Goddamn.

#131 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

i just saw darren dregger talking about columbus and nash and how they dont necessarily want just prospects they want hockey players

maybe a franzen,cleary,tatar,kindl and a 1st for rick nash provided we got an understanding shane doan will sign with us to cancel out losing cleary

i know some of you will say franzen is in his 30s and so on but hes a 25-30 goal guy and lets face it no one will trade a star player off there roster for nash , columbus wants couture from sj , wont happen .... im not saying my trade suggestion could be done but its a 4 for 1 deal + the pick and if we sign doan its really a 4 for 2 deal then we'd have to do somethin for a defensemen or 2

Oh my god. That's horrible depressing, especially when you consider an ancient Bertuzzi is sitting in the bottom 6. At least our defense is young....... except Smith is really the only one with any potential. Kronwall is already 31. Goddamn.

i didnt understand when holland signed bertuzzi and now samuelsson they needed to bring in some young guys and put them in and give them experience not put them all in at the same time

#132 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:49 PM

heard a rumor that Evander Kane from Winnipeg might be available via trade,

Posted Image

#133 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:19 PM

Larionov 41
Chelios 40
Yzerman 37
Hull 37
Hasek 37
Robatille 36
Olausson 35
Shanahan 33
Draper 31
Fedorov 31

The wings have been through this before. In the late '90s, their prospect pool didn't look very deep, but then datsyuk and Zetterberg surprised everyone. They already have some young talent (flip, helm, Miller, Smith, quincey) and a few prospects. As long as a couple prospects turn out we should be fine in the future.

I agree that they shouldn't get Doan, but I'm not that concerned about the future.

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#134 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

2002 was kind of a special situation, don't you think?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#135 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:24 PM

I also saw a paraphrase that Howson( Columbus) isn't looking for first line players..Holland needs to be ALL over this moreso than Suter and Parise. Nash has added us to his short list when we weren't on it in the beginning. Read between the lines Holland, it may actually be possible to land a guy who is a hockey STUD who really does have legitimate 50 goal capability. Please Kenny, Please go get this guy.

#136 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:25 PM

I demand a trade now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#137 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:29 PM

2002 was kind of a special situation, don't you think?

Definitely, but I'm just saying we aren't screwed for the future.

I also saw a paraphrase that Howson( Columbus) isn't looking for first line players..Holland needs to be ALL over this moreso than Suter and Parise. Nash has added us to his short list when we weren't on it in the beginning. Read between the lines Holland, it may actually be possible to land a guy who is a hockey STUD who really does have legitimate 50 goal capability. Please Kenny, Please go get this guy.

What about a huge trade for Nash and Jack Johnson. It would take a lot though

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#138 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:31 PM

f*** it lets just put Datsyuk as Defense!
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#139 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,609 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:49 PM

Well, we have to trade now. I don't think there's a high caliber defenseman left in the UFA class. And since we don't even have a full compliment of defensemen, let alone ones who are good enough, we pretty much have to trade now and hope Doan signs with us. There's nothing wrong with Doan, he could help us just as much as Parise...just not long term. But it buys us another year or two. Doan is now the must-sign player, and hopefully he won't just string us along to increase more league interest in him.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#140 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:51 PM

Well, we have to trade now. I don't think there's a high caliber defenseman left in the UFA class. And since we don't even have a full compliment of defensemen, let alone ones who are good enough, we pretty much have to trade now and hope Doan signs with us. There's nothing wrong with Doan, he could help us just as much as Parise...just not long term. But it buys us another year or two. Doan is now the must-sign player, and hopefully he won't just string us along to increase more league interest in him.

MLive reports Doans agent has contacted the Wings a few times already.
http://mobile.mlive....ntguid=zH31wca5

Edited by Ozzie30, 04 July 2012 - 06:55 PM.

RIP #24