• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 Uncle Danny

Uncle Danny

2nd Line Scorer

• HoF Booster
  • 678 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

Not the type of defenseman we need. We already have one of the best soft-pucking moving defenses in the league. We need a shut down guy, or a young two-way defenseman. Hopefully Ericsson and Smith can develop into them, and hopefully we don't miss out on a  trade defenseman that fits.

That is just silly talk.  Our team would be better with him on it this season than without.  I don't see how that is even arguable.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph:
THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED
FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD
WAS MUSIC
-- Kurt Vonnegut

#42 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

Not the type of defenseman we need. We already have one of the best soft-pucking moving defenses in the league. We need a shut down guy, or a young two-way defenseman. Hopefully Ericsson and Smith can develop into them, and hopefully we don't miss out on a  trade defenseman that fits.

Man it must suck to be and Islanders fan, hopefully they can start keeping this talent that they are developing, wouldn't mind seeing them come out of the east.

I really think Ericsson is already on his way to becoming a great shut down defensemen. Everyone really under values him on this site. He took a huge step forward last season. Let's not forget what kind of defensive partners he has had to play with and now he's with Kronwall and I think they will prove to be a better pairing than when Kronwall was with Stuart the last few seasons

#43 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,609 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

I wonder if he voted "Yes"?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#44 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

That is just silly talk.  Our team would be better with him on it this season than without.  I don't see how that is even arguable.

Lubomir is a good defenseman, but not nearly what he once was.