"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#1702 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:11 PM

Decertification is certainly an option for the players to put pressure on the owners.

However it is brings a huge risk with it...either the owners will cave and offer something better or they will fight in court, which means the season is gone.

The question is...will the players want to go that road over $180M over the next 5 years?

I also think that decertification opens the ability for the owners to bring in replacement players...although I am not sure of it.
If that is good thing...is another discussion.
Also wondering if someone who currently has a contract with the NHL (via the expired CBA) can sign a contract with the NHL as a 'replacement' player???

I don't think so, as I think that's a big part of what the lawsuit is. If the union decertifies they declare the lockout illegal and say that the owners are basically colluding to not honor existing contracts.

I'm not totally sure though. Decertification is so complicated and convoluted.

#1703 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

Why wouldn't they try mediation before going the decertification route? I'm so tired of all the d!ck swinging! Please someone just make it stop...

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#1704 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

Why wouldn't they try mediation before going the decertification route? I'm so tired of all the d!ck swinging! Please someone just make it stop...

At this point I'm so sick of it all I almost want them to just run the whole league into the ground instead of just crippling it every 7 to 10 years. Hopefully it'll get rid of Bettman, likely Fehr too. Then try and repair the damage with a new commissioner and try to get back the greatness of the NHL.

#1705 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

Oh and by the way, the league cancelled more games and the All-Star game.

The National Hockey League announced today the cancellation of the 2012-13 regular-season schedule through December 14. The NHL also announced the cancellation of the 2013 NHL All-Star Weekend scheduled for Jan. 26-27 in Columbus, Ohio. The cancellations are necessary due to the absence of a new Collective Bargaining Agreement between the NHL Players' Association and the NHL.

A total of 422 regular-season games -- 34.3 percent of the season -- were scheduled for Oct. 11 through Dec. 14.
"The reality of losing more regular-season games as well as the 2013 NHL All-Star Weekend in Columbus is extremely disappointing," said NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly. "We feel badly for NHL fans and particularly those in Columbus, and we intend to work closely with the Blue Jackets organization to return the NHL All-Star events to Columbus and their fans as quickly as possible."

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=646209

Add 422 games to Bettman's total.

#1706 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

FU Bettman, FU Fehr, league, PA. It sucks being "just a fan". Enjoy your millions a@@holes.

#1707 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

Oh and by the way, the league cancelled more games and the All-Star game.

[/font][/color]

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=646209

Add 422 games to Bettman's total.

Yawn...couldn'tf****** care less...the only thing that would be appealing about a settlement is the thought of seeing half empty arenas and empty spaces on the boards because sponsors have bailed...but too many of the fans are as stupid as the two parties involved so we'll continue to see the same s*** repeated...

#1708 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

Does anyone feel like I do at this point and would rather them just cancel the whole season than force a deal and we get stuck with some mid rate 50 game season? Ask NBA fans what the quality of games were like in a 66 game season last year.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#1709 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,741 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

Does anyone feel like I do at this point and would rather them just cancel the whole season than force a deal and we get stuck with some mid rate 50 game season? Ask NBA fans what the quality of games were like in a 66 game season last year.

I feel confident saying that there won't be a season.

Hope I'm wrong, but the two sides don't see like they care anymore.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1710 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

Hope I'm wrong, but the two sides don't see like they care anymore.

I don't care really anymore.. f*** the NHL right now.
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#1711 Wingzman91

Wingzman91

2nd Pair Defenseman

• Bronze Booster
  • 309 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

Yawn...couldn'tf****** care less...the only thing that would be appealing about a settlement is the thought of seeing half empty arenas and empty spaces on the boards because sponsors have bailed...but too many of the fans are as stupid as the two parties involved so we'll continue to see the same s*** repeated...

This stupid fan, can wait as long as it takes and will be first in line to get tickets to see the Wings.
The lockout may very well be a good thing for this team, we could end up with a higher draft pick then we would have normally, including a 1 in 30 shot of the #1 pick.
I love how you think that both sides are stupid, aswell as anyone who attends a game after this, yet you are on a fan site posting about hockey instead of doing everything else in the world.
Patience grasshoppa.
The Griffins game is on!

#1712 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,706 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

So just to clarify, Israel and Hamas can agree on a ceasefire, but the NHL and NHLPA can't figure out how to share $3 billion?

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#1713 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,044 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

Fair to say the next games cancelled will spell the cancellation of the season? I've said from the start I didn't think Fehr and Bettman could iron a deal out. Plus now with the in player fighting on the PA's side and rumors of desertification and all that, I just think they'll call it a day, lose all corporate sponsors, some fans who'll never go back and then be back to square one where we were 8 years ago. Unbelievable, I don't think hockey will overcome this lockout for quite a while going forward. The canadian teams will be there, the original six teams will be there, but the weaker markets will struggle to survive this. Some glad Lidstrom didn't re-sign for one more year just to have it wiped out like Selanne and Alfredsson have.

#NOMOREKINDL

#1714 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,744 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

If anyone complaining about this thread right now attends a single NHL game in the next seven years, then they are fake raging in here. I know I am going to put my money where my mouth is.

No more NHL Center Ice
No more buying tickets to NHL games
No more buying NHL merchandise

The NHL, players and owners, can go f*** themselves.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#1715 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,044 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

I'm impartial because I feel both sides are at fault, but some interesting words by Ray Whitney tonight.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan, 23 November 2012 - 10:39 PM.

#NOMOREKINDL

#1716 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

and i agree with don cherry about the players. just shut your mouth and try to get a deal done

http://www.thestar.c...yers-smarten-up

#1717 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:03 AM

I deleted more posts because they went from discussing the lockout to making personal comments about the person they're quoting.

Want your posts to live in this thread? Stay on topic and discuss the lockout.

Want them to disappear? Keep making personal accusations about each other.

If you haven't noticed, the rules are being enforced tightly in this thread because of all the crap that's gone on and multiple warnings being ignored.

#1718 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:47 AM

Ryan Miller with a detailed explanation of why he's in favour of decertification, from the Globe and Mail.
Maybe Roman Hamrlik should start his own union. But, he shouldn't count on Erik Cole and Troy Brouwer joining.

Edited by cusimano_brothers, 24 November 2012 - 07:49 AM.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#1719 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:49 AM

Fair to say the next games cancelled will spell the cancellation of the season? I've said from the start I didn't think Fehr and Bettman could iron a deal out. Plus now with the in player fighting on the PA's side and rumors of desertification and all that, I just think they'll call it a day, lose all corporate sponsors, some fans who'll never go back and then be back to square one where we were 8 years ago. Unbelievable, I don't think hockey will overcome this lockout for quite a while going forward. The canadian teams will be there, the original six teams will be there, but the weaker markets will struggle to survive this. Some glad Lidstrom didn't re-sign for one more year just to have it wiped out like Selanne and Alfredsson have.

The only good thing coming out of this whole fiasco will be seeing how the most overpaid, undersized Bettman will finally be getting the boot, because his failed franchises are going to have a hard time without the NHLPA, no RS and on top of that less sponsors job well done....

Original 6 + Canadian teams are going to be fine, I am sure teams like the Sabres with their new owner are going to be fine too, so there will be more than enough teams coming out of this.

I always liked Miller, his comments are spot on.

Edited by frankgrimes, 24 November 2012 - 07:50 AM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#1720 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

TSN puts the current total number of games lost under Bettman as 2,120 regular season games and an entire Stanley Cup playoffs.