• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest The Axe

Howard = Average

Rate this topic

That game was a disaster in Calgary, but ALL goalies have bad games, and when they do, your team generally loses. The 2nd goal was arguably as much due to sloppy stick-handling by Ericsson. The third one was all on Howard, but it is what it is. If this were M-A Fleury or another goalie with a track record of being sloppy out of the net, maybe I'd get worked up about it. The fact is that Howard doesn't have a history with that crap, so we need to get past this one VERY unfortunate loss and grab whatever points we can in the few remaining games.

That game was a disaster in Calgary, but ALL goalies have bad games, and when they do, your team generally loses. The 2nd goal was arguably as much due to sloppy stick-handling by Ericsson. The third one was all on Howard, but it is what it is. If this were M-A Fleury or another goalie with a track record of being sloppy out of the net, maybe I'd get worked up about it. The fact is that Howard doesn't have a history with that crap, so we need to get past this one VERY unfortunate loss and grab whatever points we can in the few remaining games.

Agreed, but it doesn't make loosing yet another game against a poor team any less frustrating. This one's on Jimmy's back (and he should get an earful for being sloppy), but then so are the other few games he won pretty much single-handed.

I'd write him in on the ballot for the Calder Trophy; he sure played like a rookie last night.

He's just a terrible puck handler. Everything else in his game is great, but that part is just the s***s. Even when he doesn't whiff on the puck, he gives it away up the boards EVERY time. Our D has to get there before he does cause we don't ever want him to leave his crease.

Did Howard have a major bumble last night? Yes. Is it directly the reason the Wings lost? No. If you want to put the blame on Howard then you have to put as much blame on Ericsson for the 2nd goal which in no way was Jimmys fault, and Kindl for the first goal for that sham he calls defense allowing an easy back door tap in. Bad goals happen to every goalie throughout there career. Just look at Kipper not more than 5 minutes after Jimmy's mistake. I cant remember Howard ever scuffing a play like that since hes been in Detroit so if it happens once every 3 or 4 years Im ok with that. It will happen again. No matter who is in net for the Wings a s*** goal like that will happen.

Did Howard have a major bumble last night? Yes. Is it directly the reason the Wings lost? No. If you want to put the blame on Howard then you have to put as much blame on Ericsson for the 2nd goal which in no way was Jimmys fault, and Kindl for the first goal for that sham he calls defense allowing an easy back door tap in. Bad goals happen to every goalie throughout there career. Just look at Kipper not more than 5 minutes after Jimmy's mistake. I cant remember Howard ever scuffing a play like that since hes been in Detroit so if it happens once every 3 or 4 years Im ok with that. It will happen again. No matter who is in net for the Wings a s*** goal like that will happen.

He was a big factor in the first goal. Maybe he moves his ass a wee bit faster.

The other goal, all on him.

This was basically a must-win. The Flames are the worst team in the West. We knew this was going to be a goalie battle. Unfortunately, Kipper owned Howard.

Howard's been very strong this season. This was not his best work, though.

He was a big factor in the first goal. Maybe he moves his ass a wee bit faster.

Lol now your just reaching to try and find some reason to hate on him. He has to play the shooter which is what he does. Guys on the side of the net need to be taken out by the defense which Kindl didnt do in the least bit. No way he gets over in time even if he plays for the pass. Only reason that doesnt go in is if the shooter misses the net or he puts it into Howard.

Everyone keeps saying about how kipper stole the game last night and jimmy should take note... IIRC Howard has played ions Vetter then kipper this year, I mean just look at the stats. Howard has single handedly kept us afloat all season, the forwards were the ones who didn't bail him out this time, I would absolutely keep Howie over kipper any day

Agreed, but it doesn't make loosing yet another game against a poor team any less frustrating. This one's on Jimmy's back (and he should get an earful for being sloppy), but then so are the other few games he won pretty much single-handed.

This is basically exactly what Goose said after the game. You could tell he was frustrated with what happened, and i'm guessing the whole locker room was as a whole. As they should be. As frustrating as it is, Jimmy was won this team more games than he has ever lost. How important of a game is what makes it so frustrating. If we were in the middle of the season and this stuff happened, whatever i'll write it off. It's just hard to write off when you lose in a game like that, and Columbus comes and finds a way to win against Anaheim. It's not what we needed. We needed Anaheim to beat Columbus, and we needed to take care of Calgary. I sit here today, and half of me wants to say we don't deserve the playoffs. Teams find ways to win, they beat the goalie regardless of the odds. We did not to that last night. I suppose you can say their display of urgency even with being down by 2 was a little rest-assuring. At least they weren't as deflated as I was.

Jimmy seemed frustrated as well. He claimed responsibility of the 3rd goal, even though you could tell he was more frustrated with his teammates than himself in that play. In the end, he still could've wheeled it around to Quincey if he had connected with the puck. At the same time, he would've have had to go fetch the puck behind the net if Quincey or Brunner fully backchecked to help alleviate Beign's pressure. Overall.... just unfortunate.

Guest The Axe

Howard has been money for about 20 straight. He was bound to have one off night. At the beginning of the year, one out of every 4 games was an off night. We need that to be 1 out of 10.

I love the Howard hate... There was a stretch of games this season where he stood on his head for 4-5 straight games of 2-1 hockey where we won or lost but more then not collected points... It sure as hell wasn't our offense winning a a barn burner... I can't remember the last time Detroit has realy had many 6-5 games... When we win it usually means Howard gave up 2 or less... Our offense can't score 4 or more usually so if he gives up 3 it's not looking good.

Howard is the reason we are where were at right now... We don't have a forward that is playing above his contract or a dman.

Edited by Crashnburnluder

I'd write him in on the ballot for the Calder Trophy; he sure played like a rookie last night.

HA

I like Howie, but you're right. Whats with the mental dullness that this team keeps showing? Is this a coaching problem? We keep seeing good players make brain farts. Would this be happening if they were in another organization? I have no idea, but I think its a legit question.

Guest DeGraa55

Howard really didn't have a bad game either. Their one goal he had no chance. And if we actually had a team worth a darn the second two goals would've never happened. Howard was responsible for the second stinker and Ericsson the third.

ever think maybe the guy is beat?? his the only one that has played for awhile including back to back with sj and chi as a fellow goalie myself i can say its hard when your doing it all and with no rest you tend to ideal mistakes

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

make all the excuses you want, but the new 5.3 million dollar man just tossed detroit's playoffs hopes out the window last night.

it's over.

thanks a lot, jimmy.