Bertuzzi out w/back injury, other practice news & notes

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

- Howard back in tomorrow

- Bert out with back injury

- May call a forward up from GR

- Here are the lines they used

Cleary takes Bertuzzi's spot on line with 13-51; other lines 93-40-24, 21-8-17, 20-25-22, also 37-39.

https://twitter.com/AnsarKhanMLive

https://twitter.com/DetroitRedWings

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#2 Jedi

Jedi

Galmar Stone-Fist. Stormcloak. Wings Fan.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,787 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

Per Ansar KHAAAAAAN!!!

Babcock said Bertuzzi getting back checked. Won't play tomorrow

Babcock said they might recall a forward from Grand Rapids.

And Helene St. James says Bert went for an MRI...

Hearing it's pretty bad for Todd Bertuzzi back pain. Went to get MRI today. 

2cwlto0.jpg

#3 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

Move Tatar back up to the 2nd line & let's see Andersson, Sheahan, or Ferraro get some time with the big club imo.

Money on the Board 2014: $5 per series, $5 per sweep, $5 per Kronwalling, $10 per Marchand Kronwalling, $1 per Zetterberg game, $1 per 2013 Calder Cup roster player goal

#4 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

Gus baby!!!

#5 germanwing

germanwing

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 565 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

Helene St. James
@HeleneStJames

#RedWings calling up Joakim Andersson to offset loss of Todd Bertuzzi.

#6 Jedi

Jedi

Galmar Stone-Fist. Stormcloak. Wings Fan.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,787 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

Andersson is 6'2", 206 lbs.  Looks like they're looking at bringing in a bigger guy for Bertuzzi...

2cwlto0.jpg

#7 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

Will be interesting to see where Anderson plays in the lineup

#8 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:20 PM

Move Tatar back up to the 2nd line & let's see Andersson, Sheahan, or Ferraro get some time with the big club imo.

Amen brother, Tatar can actually skate with Datsyuk & Filppula, Cleary will just slow them down.  As much as I think he deserves it, I don't think Ferraro should get the call up this time around, we need to replace size with size, I'd go with Sheahan if we actually call someone up, but I'd hate to see Eaves be healthy-scratched again in favor of a call-up, unless he's had a recurrence of his post-concussion issues.

EDIT: started typing before I saw the update about Andersson, good move  :thumbup:

Edited by McAwesome, 08 February 2013 - 02:21 PM.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#9 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:20 PM

Will be interesting to see where Anderson plays in the lineup

Have him center the 3rd line & move Abby to the wing

Money on the Board 2014: $5 per series, $5 per sweep, $5 per Kronwalling, $10 per Marchand Kronwalling, $1 per Zetterberg game, $1 per 2013 Calder Cup roster player goal

#10 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,406 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

Yeah Detroit Griffins!! Woo
IPB Image

#11 RedWingsDad

RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

I think I re-call just the check that hurt his back... I remember thinking it was a fairly big hit, and then being a bit concerned when I seen it was Bert. :(  Too bad, as I know he has had back problems in the past... hope he can recover. He is 38 and seriously re-aggravating an old injury could just be the straw that broke that camels back. Hope i'm not getting ahead of myself.

Tim Thomas - Patriot and generally awesome human being.

Romans 10:13 - For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

#12 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,176 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

Not a big loss.  

He was still a week and a half away from having another breakout "Bertuzzi" game.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#13 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

I'm trying to get #benchcleary trending on twitter. And #FreeNyQuist.

Don't mind the call up, but having Cleary play with those guys is disgusting..

#14 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

I would have liked to see Howie get another reset and have him start Sunday against the Kings... I am guessing that means Howie will have Sunday off. Either way, I am confident with both goalies in net but I would have liked to see babs give Mrazek the nod tomorrow after playing such a solid game.

Should be a good  game tomorrow, Wings defense will really have to watch the speed of the Oilers young forwards. Hopefully Bert is okay and not out too long.

#15 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

Just when I was hoping cleary would actually get benched for s***ty play, he scores a goal.  Now he can go another Scott Gomez without scoring before they consider benching him.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling, $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, Glendening, Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: Glendening.  MOTB TOTAL: $0

#16 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

I'm going to be amazed if we can hang around the pack in the Western Conference in spite of all these injuries.  That we're able to compete with top flight teams in the west, even with this hodge podge lineup should send a message to the front office.  Young guys are capable of stepping in for the veterans.  As such, some of these formerly "unmovable" pieces could be in play real soon if KH decides to make a go of it this season. 

Bertuzzi out is going to hurt though, anyone else notice that until he came back our offensive zone cycle was nonexistent and therefore our offensive possessions either ended in a takeaway, or a weak shot on goal followed by an opponent rush the other way?  Say what you want about Bert, but he's one of only two or three guys that can hang on to the puck in the offensive zone when pressured by the defense. 

Edited by kipwinger, 08 February 2013 - 08:06 PM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#17 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

I don't get why Mrazek isn't starting for us tomorrow??? He was outstanding last night, and plus he must know the young oilers stars (Eberle,Hall,Nugent-Hopkins,Schultz, etc) quite well from his time in the AHL this season...I don't get it. Than we would have a rested Howard for our nationally broadcast game sunday afternoon versus LA

#18 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

If Cleary starts on the top line I bet he lasts about 4 shifts.  He is tooooo slow to play with those guys.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#19 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

I don't get why Mrazek isn't starting for us tomorrow??? He was outstanding last night, and plus he must know the young oilers stars (Eberle,Hall,Nugent-Hopkins,Schultz, etc) quite well from his time in the AHL this season...I don't get it. Than we would have a rested Howard for our nationally broadcast game sunday afternoon versus LA

I have a feeling Howie is playing against Edmonton because they have more firepower, and have been playing much better than LA. Mrazek will probably get the start against the struggling kings. (I wish Howie would though so we could settle the debate on if Quick or howie is the better goalie... *cough* howie *cough*)

I'm a Red Wing for the next three years and I'm going to make sure every team we play knows that.'' -- Jordin Tootoo

#20 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

Cleary was only on the line in practice, doubt he stays.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."