• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

Blackhawks set new point streak record

Rate this topic

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

after tonights win the Blackhawks set a new record with 17 consecutive games with a point.

good for them. will it pay off though?

will they continue to play well or will they crumble?

Guest irishock

Not sure they'd beat a healthy Vancouver squad in the playoffs. Luongo looks like he hasn't missed a beat.

Not sure they'd beat a healthy Vancouver squad in the playoffs. Luongo looks like he hasn't missed a beat.

Luongo during the regular season has never been an issue. It's the big games in the playoffs where he wets the bed.

Chicago coud easily go all the way this year... or they could fall out of chemistry. Got to play out the season and see. That's the beauty of it.

Good for them. You have to remember that Wings had the home winning streak record last season at it didn't help them in the playoffs.

Luongo during the regular season has never been an issue. It's the big games in the playoffs where he wets the bed.

I think it's more the case of that if Canucks don't win the Cup Luongo is blamed. It's as if there isn't 15 other teams in the playoffs that try to win just as much. It's easy to crumble under the pressure of the crazy Canadian media and fans but the fact is that Canucks have been the most succesful Canadian team of the last 10 years. It's not Luongo's fault that he's not Patrick Roy.

They're doing a great job that's for sure. The big thing i noticed with the Hawks this year, and i've watched probably 12 of their games so far, is that they don't hit the panic button. This team they have is very calm and one of their other strongest assets is that they are a very young, quick team. They would badly outwork Vancouver in a 7 game series, probably taking it in 5. St Louis may be able to stop them if they get it together again, but i guess we'll see when they roll into the playoffs 1st in the west.

Interesting that "subtle interference" by the Wings is now called "a little bit of a screen" by Eddie O when the Hawks do it. Such a douchenozzle. And cheap hit by Shaw on Pavelski at the end of the game.

esteef

F*** Pavelski, in my opinion every sharks player that pulls dirty crap should get a taste of their own medicine, and Pavelski tasted a little bit bitter, I don't and never will feel the least bit sorry for him

F*** Pavelski, in my opinion every sharks player that pulls dirty crap should get a taste of their own medicine, and Pavelski tasted a little bit bitter, I don't and never will feel the least bit sorry for him

It was a dirty hit. I'm pretty sure Clowe jumped off the bench after it too. Not sure if a line change was actually going on or not.

It was a dirty hit. I'm pretty sure Clowe jumped off the bench after it too. Not sure if a line change was actually going on or not.

I thought he did too. the league is apparently looking into it but you know they won't do anything. they apparently had no problem with him playing the puck from the bench last season, why would they mind this?

Clowe has a lot of good elements to his game, but not a lot between the ears.

NHL/game officials sorting out whether SJS Ryane Clowe was deemed to have come off bench on legal/illegal change to start altercation vs CHI

I think the hawks are the greatest team ever..I love those guys..I hope they don't lose in regulation all year. I love Kane..he is my hero..Eddy O is the best color commentator in the league too.

:glare::glare::glare::glare:

I think the hawks are the greatest team ever..I love those guys..I hope they don't lose in regulation all year. I love Kane..he is my hero..Eddy O is the best color commentator in the league too.

:glare::glare::glare::glare:

I smell sarcasm!

Props to the Hawks though. Just think... the Wings lost in OT to this team.

Sarcasm puckbags? :P

In all honesty, well done to them, the fact their fans are already on about winning the cup speaks volumes though.

Like most people around here I hate them with a passion but I do have respect for what they have done..amazing start.

They're doing a great job that's for sure. The big thing i noticed with the Hawks this year, and i've watched probably 12 of their games so far, is that they don't hit the panic button. This team they have is very calm and one of their other strongest assets is that they are a very young, quick team. They would badly outwork Vancouver in a 7 game series, probably taking it in 5. St Louis may be able to stop them if they get it together again, but i guess we'll see when they roll into the playoffs 1st in the west.

Agreed. The way they're playing, the Cup is currently theirs to lose.

Scotty Bowman, I guess.

Guest irishock

The power of a rivalry, eh? :D

Eh, more of a rivalry in name. The Wings have clobbered the Hawks for years, and the last time they met in the playoffs it wasn't even close.

The Wings and Hawks play on Sunday. I wouldn't complain if their streak extended into this game and the Wings hand them their first loss on national TV.

Wishful thinking; I'm sure Columbus will beat them this week...

It depends which Wings team shows up Sunday...the one that destroyed Nashville and Vancouver, or the one that has issues with Columbus and Calgary?

Is the Sunday game on NBC? I fricking hope not, I am not ready to hear all the sucking coming from the TV booth...

Hey Chicago fans, congrats on the record, let me remind of a couple of things that we are familiar with 1995 Detroit was the best in the NHL shortened season...70 points in 48 games, no Cup....1995-96 NHL record 62 wins, 2 points shy of record 133 points, No Cup... 6 Presidents Trophies in the 26 years they have been awarding it, no other team has won it more than twice....

regular season records are great and they are fun to gloat about...but it's the playoffs that count, trust us, we know! Good luck, if not us, then I'd rather have you win it than St. Louis, Colorado or s***sburgh....but records are nothing, we have plenty, but not nearly enough Cups for all those records!