• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#61 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

Not sure of the truth of this but I have read in a couple of places that the news was delayed because DeKeyser asked permission to personally call the other teams who showed interest and let them know he was going with the Wings. Maybe not the prima donna move that some here were claiming (this is not directed at you Dom) and a very classy and respectable move instead. 

Very good, if true. I had no problem waiting and think it's ridiculous that people make such a big deal out of the guy making a decision at his own damn pace, considering it's his own damn decision. Twitter is an interesting and important conceptual platform, but it has it's downsides too. People in general could always stand to be a little more patient and respectful ultimately.

-Elliot...does not panic.

#62 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,234 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

What a stupid decision. I would prefer to dump Huskins and have him wear #3. 65 is just so meh. Also 6 is available too.

Simmer down, 65 will make him look bigger ;)

#63 esmeralda575

esmeralda575

Please trade..CLEARY.. for a bola popcorn

• Restricted
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

ok.. now its time to sign about 6 young, perfect Russian forwards then we can win the Stanley cup. With the forwards we have now, we will never win anything. Time to get rid of Cleary, Miller, Bertuzzi, etc.  Lets go WINGS !!! :bye1: 

,, Please trade ,,CLEARY,, for a bola popcorn.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#64 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,807 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

What a stupid decision. I would prefer to dump Huskins and have him wear #3. 65 is just so meh. Also 6 is available too.

6 is "semi-retired" by the Wings, much like Vladdy's #16 is. Google "Larry Aurie".

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#65 Chelios57

Chelios57

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

Blasphemy.

Larry Aurie's #6

Atlanta Thrashers: 1999-2011

WINTER CLASSIC 2013

"When you want to measure yourself, you don't measure yourself against, no disrespect to TORONTO or any other team that I can think of right now, you measure yourself against the Detroit Red Wings. They are the best in the league, and whether they won last year's Cup or didn't win last year's Cup, they're the measuring stick." - Bruce Boudreau

#66 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

wooo!! welcome aboard Danny D!  :clap:

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#67 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

Holland sucks!!!  We're no longer a tempting destination for free agentsssssssss, aahhhhhhhhh.....ooh, er, hang on minute

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#68 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

Very excited to see if this guy can actually step right into the league and be effective. We really need a guy that plays a simple, smart defensive game, clears the zone etc. and I hope he can be that. But it's a tough time for him to enter the team. He won't get a long leash considering we have so many other D and most of them are doing pretty well at the moment.

Future keeps looking brighter though. In 2-3 years we could be absolutely stacked on D.

#69 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

Get rid of him right now....if these are the types of decisions we can expect from him then we are in for a load of regret landing him

#70 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

Now all we need is more injuries so we can see him faster

#71 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

Dan The Key Sir.welcome 

#72 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

He's not playing Sunday or Monday. Probably the best decision--but from a fan standpoint, I really can't wait to see him in game action.

Holland said DeKeyser will be at practice Saturday, but he won't play Sunday when the Wings host the Blackhawks, or Monday against the Avalanche.

"He needs to practice," Holland said. "I would say that at the pro level, he's a defensive defenseman. He's got to get stronger. "He'll be with us the rest of the regular season. When he plays is up to Mike Babcock, but we're not holding tryouts. We're trying to make the playoffs. Danny understands that we're in a playoff race."

http://www.freep.com...-danny-dekeyser

#73 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

Holland sucks!!!  We're no longer a tempting destination for free agentsssssssss, aahhhhhhhhh.....ooh, er, hang on minute

Well, it did kinda help that he was FROM Michigan. If he wasn't, I'm too sure he signs here. But who knows...

Good signing nonetheless. 

#74 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

Good to see Dekeyser knows where he belongs.  Good decision kiddo.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#75 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

Interesting decision on him not playing until Babs says so but the right one. I agree.

#76 Wingsequallife13

Wingsequallife13

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

This is pretty sweet. I've been able to watch him play the last 3 years at WMU and now can see him play for the Wings. I hope he can preform well and become a solid NHL d.

#77 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

Awesome, first Verlander signs extension, now we get DeKeyser. Great day to be a Detroit sports fan.

#78 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

Well, it did kinda help that he was FROM Michigan. If he wasn't, I'm too sure he signs here. But who knows...

Good signing nonetheless. 

Yeah, well if its Hollands fault that Parise and Suter's wife are from Minnesota, then Holland can get the credit for DeKeyser being from Michigan, y'know ;)

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#79 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 771 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:44 PM

Great news ! Cant wait to see in action. Go Wings !

#80 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

Yeah, well if its Hollands fault that Parise and Suter's wife are from Minnesota, then Holland can get the credit for DeKeyser being from Michigan, y'know ;)

It's nice to be on the end finally where a player is from Michigan and wants to play for the Wings and picks the Wings over 29 other teams.  No trade partner needed for this one and aside from Stevie Y in Tampa, the other 28 GM's can suck it!  

That pretty much sums up how I feel about Dekeyser signing with the Wings, and it feels good.  :)

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.