• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

#101 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

Good call, they make mistakes so they obviously don't care.  That's rock solid logic. 

On that play with Howard and Brunner, both made mistakes. But there're mistakes and mistakes. if you don't understand the difference I cannot do much about it.

Edited by ami, 22 April 2013 - 01:19 PM.

#102 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,997 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:19 PM

I don't see why it has to be one or the other, they care or they don't. Why not just "They don't care enough"? I think that's pretty fitting. Look at what the Stars and Jackets and Flames are doing. Are they better than us? Are they deeper? More talented?

Have we played a legitimate three-period, 60-minute game once this season?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#103 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,556 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

I don't see why it has to be one or the other, they care or they don't. Why not just "They don't care enough"? I think that's pretty fitting. Look at what the Stars and Jackets and Flames are doing. Are they better than us? Are they deeper? More talented?

We're not a very good team.  Most nights we're going to play teams that are better than we are, and because they're better it's going to make it harder for us to execute...and hence...lots of bad games. 

Part of the reason why these guys are professional athletes is because they're SO COMPETITIVE that they're willing to put the time, effort, hard work, and sacrifice into making themselves pro-level athletes.  If you don't care whether you succeed or not, win or lose, you don't becomw a professional athlete.  You join the band. 

Real life is not a movie.  The "Miracle on Ice" wasn't a miracle.  That team worked hard, prepared, learned from mistakes in their previous game, and executed their game plan properly.  That's why they won.  Not because the Russians didn't care, or some other silly b.s.

Edited by kipwinger, 22 April 2013 - 01:38 PM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#104 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

Detroit has 3 of 4 at home, but one back-to-back.

Good news though is that they play against LA on LA's second day of a back to back

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#105 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:41 PM

On that play with Howard and Brunner, both made mistakes. But there're mistakes and mistakes. if you don't understand the difference I cannot do much about it.

Mistakes =/= Lack of Care

It is simply your own speculation. All because someone makes a mistake in life, you can't automatically assume they don't care. In your theory, if I miss a pokecheck, or miss my man coverage it means I simply don't care. That's completely wrong. I can make a simple mistake, and I can care. You notice when people make mistakes they usually cringe or get mad at themselves. You can see the emotion displayed by individuals when they make mistakes. They display those emotions because they care. It would be silly to say otherwise. 

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#106 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

The Wings are doing worse, having won only 2 regulation games and 1 OT in the last 11.

yep...but we did'nt just pay 100 million dollars for 2 players on a 22 man roster. kinda puts it in perspctive

Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#107 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

What if our team makes some of their mistakes because they care too much?  Because they're too uptight, trying to make up for their lack of organization, or team play, or somebody else's mistake?  What if they're playing more like individuals because of this?   Is that not a possibility?  

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#108 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

Really disagree with the notion that mistakes are caused by lack of caring, I'm doubting that any player on the Wings wants this team to lose.

I may have questions on some player's "compete" and "skill" levels, but level of care concerning winning and losing...  that I have no questions about.

I do have questions on why our coach doesn't question or challenge some player's "compete" levels by benching players accordingly.

Edited by e_prime, 22 April 2013 - 04:14 PM.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#109 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

"We like our guys overripe"
"We like our depth"
"Know the system, had success here in the past"
"We made a competitive offer"
"Puck luck"
"Keep doin' what we're doin' and things are bound to turn around"

tumblr_lm5bvelvTL1qercd3o1_500.gif

This.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#110 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

Mistakes =/= Lack of Care

It is simply your own speculation. All because someone makes a mistake in life, you can't automatically assume they don't care. In your theory, if I miss a pokecheck, or miss my man coverage it means I simply don't care. That's completely wrong. I can make a simple mistake, and I can care. You notice when people make mistakes they usually cringe or get mad at themselves. You can see the emotion displayed by individuals when they make mistakes. They display those emotions because they care. It would be silly to say otherwise. 

wow. that is really taking it to perspective...

kipwinger meant all pro athletes, you - all human beings.

hold on a sec. we were talking about red wings, who are pro athletes, managers etc. We were not talking about mistakes in life, but rather in plays or/and other action more or less relative to the game of hockey.

I didn't say, that all mistakes are due to lack of care, but some are for sure.

and because you meant all humans being, let me ask you a question. do you always trust emotions people display? or you rather judge what they do or don't do?

and yes, lack of care is exactly what we are observing. i made this conclusion based on unusually large number of mistakes in crusial moments of play. what else could it be?

#111 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

Yes, "lack of care" is different than apathy, if that's what you're getting at.

Edited by e_prime, 23 April 2013 - 06:10 AM.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#112 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

I assume this was directed at the poster I was responding to and not me?

I definitely agree with this to an extent - motivation is played up too much.  But it does have a significant role at times (as was alluded to, Kostitsyn's line change comes to mind).

Yeah sorry for the confusion. lol

#113 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

There have been times tonight when this team has attacked and skated hard throughout the entire play where they looked like the Yzerman Red wings circa-2002.  And there have been times where they look absolutely clueless.

But tonight's game has been nearly as complete a game as they have played all year long.  Too bad it took them being up against a wall to get it out of them.

Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#114 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:16 AM

5 points out of the last 6 and we're guaranteed a playoff spot by my reckoning because we hold the ROW tie-breaker over CBJ.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#115 bardownginos

bardownginos

Prospect

• 39 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:35 AM

Update:

Minnesota added to the mix.  Here's how it shapes up with three games remaining. 

Minnesota Wild: 51

4/23 Los Angeles

4/26 Edmonton

4/27 @Colorado

Columbus Blue Jackets: 51

4/25 @ Dallas

4/27 Nashville

Dallas Stars: 48

4/23 @ San Jose

4/25 Columbus

4/27 Detroit 

Detroit Red Wings: 50

4/24 Los Angeles

4/25 Nashville

4/27 @ Dallas 

Standings:

1. Chicago - 73  (clinched playoff spot)

2. Anaheim - 64 (clinched playoff spot)

3. Vancouver - 59 (clinched playoff spot)

4. Los Angeles - 57 (clinched playoff spot)

5. San Jose - 55

6. St. Louis - 54

7. Minnesota - 51            (24-18-3, ROW 20)

8. Columbus - 51            (22-17-7, ROW 17)

9. Detroit - 50                  (21-16-8, ROW 19)

10. Dallas - 48                 (22-19-4, ROW 20)

Edited by bardownginos, 23 April 2013 - 05:45 AM.

#116 AtlantaHotWings

AtlantaHotWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:20 AM

Okay getting this straight in my head

4/23 Go Sharks

4/24 Go Wings

4/25 Go Wings

Go Stars

4/27 Go Wings

Go Preds

Been a long time where I have had to root for others to help my Wings. Oh well sometimes change is good.

"Wakie, wakie hands off Snakie" - Jason Lee of Earl

#117 legaleaglewingsfan

legaleaglewingsfan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:01 AM

Okay getting this straight in my head

4/23 Go Sharks

4/24 Go Wings

4/25 Go Wings

Go Stars

4/27 Go Wings

Go Preds

Been a long time where I have had to root for others to help my Wings. Oh well sometimes change is good.

No I think it needs to be 

4/23 Go Kings

Go Sharks

4/24 Go Wings

4/25 Go Wings

Go Blue jackets

4/26  Go Edmonton

4/27  Go Wings

Go Avs

Go Preds

We get 7th, CBJ (from Ohio and like their chances of beating on Chi as they have all season with a maybe upset) at 8th. We may get a round or two.

Under this scenario I see (read as wish on shooting stars last night)

Round 1 West Only

1. Chicago beat by CBJ in 6  

2. Anaheim beat by Det in 6

3. Vancouver beats Stl in 7

4. Los Angeles beat by SJ in 6

Round 2

Van beats CBJ in 7

SJ beat by Det in 6

Round 3

Van beat by Det in 6

SCF

Det beats the ever loving snot, pee, and any other bodily substance imaginable out of Pitt in 4 with TooToo administering the Coupe D'Grace on #87 as Bettman stands helplessly by. And while Datsuyk is handed the Conn Smythe he hands it immediately to TooToo for his heroics as McCarty beams from behind the Det bench. Also Bert gets his first skate with the Cup. 

So shall it be written, so shall it be done.

#118 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,024 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:00 AM

I'd love to see Minny lose out and miss the playoffs.

#NOMOREKINDL

#119 Sabaton617

Sabaton617

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:12 AM

I'd love to see Minny lose out and miss the playoffs.

That makes two of us.  Surrounded by Wild fans where I live.  For years I had to listen to Wild fans complain about how the Wings are just like the Yankees in that all they do is spend money and bring in star free agents.  Funny how now it is OK for them to spend $100 million on two free agents and their roster is pretty much entirely different from a few years ago.

#120 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:45 AM

No I think it needs to be 

4/23 Go Kings
        Go Sharks

4/24 Go Wings

4/25 Go Wings
        Go Blue jackets

4/26  Go Edmonton

4/27  Go Wings
          Go Avs
          Go Preds

We get 7th, CBJ (from Ohio and like their chances of beating on Chi as they have all season with a maybe upset) at 8th. We may get a round or two.

Under this scenario I see (read as wish on shooting stars last night)

Round 1 West Only

1. Chicago beat by CBJ in 6  

2. Anaheim beat by Det in 6

3. Vancouver beats Stl in 7

4. Los Angeles beat by SJ in 6

Round 2

Van beats CBJ in 7

SJ beat by Det in 6

Round 3

Van beat by Det in 6

SCF

Det beats the ever loving snot, pee, and any other bodily substance imaginable out of Pitt in 4 with TooToo administering the Coupe D'Grace on #87 as Bettman stands helplessly by. And while Datsuyk is handed the Conn Smythe he hands it immediately to TooToo for his heroics as McCarty beams from behind the Det bench. Also Bert gets his first skate with the Cup. 

So shall it be written, so shall it be done.

And The Axe gets hired on as the stick boy right before the playoffs start after the current stick boy comes down with a serious case of needing to study for finals.