Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

WCQF Game 6 GDT : Ducks 3 at Red Wings 4 (OT) - (Series Tied 3-3)

• Please log in to reply
843 replies to this topic

#21 Duck Guy

Duck Guy

Homer rocks your socks off Its knuckle Puck time!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

Does it make me a bad ducks fan rooting for the wings to win this game so I get to see a Game 7 that this series deserves? 

Posted Image
Veritas Aequitas

#22 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

Does it make me a bad ducks fan rooting for the wings to win this game so I get to see a Game 7 that this series deserves? 

Probably. We won't tell

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#23 Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Starting Goaltender

• PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:38 PM

Quack attack come back. Octocurse reverse!

Hahaha....don't know if anyone remembers that one. It didn't work for them in 2009.
[ Image violated Forum Guidelines. Please use images sixed 400x100 pixels or smaller. ]

Just playin Chris, you know I love you!

lilja is an icelandic pony
lilja is an average high girl with blond hair and very sexy
lilja is about the sweetest kitten we have raised here
lilja is the comatose victim of a questionable accident

#24 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:45 PM

#25 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:35 PM

You should cut your ties with the Ducks and join the Wings Empire tbh. It is useless to resist. 

Edited by irishock, 09 May 2013 - 10:35 PM.

bringit.jpg

#26 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

This space for rent.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:45 PM

What're we, the Borg? haha

LeTs Go WiNgS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grit and Grind - take it back to Cali and win the series in the sunshine!

You should cut your ties with the Ducks and join the Wings Empire tbh. It is useless to resist. 

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by some sort of IPA and a heaping dose of sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#27 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:50 PM

Full disclosure: I've had a few pints and have been reminiscing about a certain someone who I believe to be the true embodiment of a Red Wing

Pick up the torch young Wings. This man is your standard.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,948 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:40 AM

If anything it makes you a closeted Wings fan.  :nhl2:

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#29 MibJab

MibJab

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:08 AM

If we had Helm + DK, This series would've been over in 5 games. 

#30 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:18 AM

If we had Helm + DK, This series would've been over in 5 games.

Lol neither score goals....

#31 jthiel86

jthiel86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:30 AM

Lol neither score goals....

Truth, but DK would've been in instead of Lash, which may have changed things a bit.  Helm, at this point I have no clue if he would make a difference.  Our third line has been the most consistent line we've had.  Imagine though, if you would, a line of Nyquist-Helm-Brunner.  Holy speed.

#32 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:28 AM

Its quite simple Detroit - I'm not ready to shave my beard yet.  I've suffered through the first 2 weeks of the "itchy" stage, and there are only 2 forms of relief - progressing to the second round, and shaving.

Shaving is not an option.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#33 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:19 AM

One of us... one of us... one of us...

You know you like red and white better than black and gold.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#34 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:34 AM

I'll be in the stands for this one, section 207. The crowd from the other night inspired me to go. Let's get loud and make it impossible for the dirty Ducks to get anywhere. Wings in seven!!

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#35 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:40 AM

Atmosphere will be electric hopefully the wings can march it.

First team to 3 wins it.

3-1 Wings Zetterberg, Abdelkader and wait for it wait for it..................

Quincey
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#36 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:01 AM

Game Six Conference-Era Playoff Format  (since 1993-94)
This is the 25th Game Six in a Conference Playoff Series, with the Club's record in the previous 24 games:
16W-8L

This is the 6th Game Six in a Conference Playoff Series without home-ice advantage, with the Club’s record in the previous 5 games:
3W-2L

This is the 11th Game Six in a Conference Quarter-finals, with the Club’s record in the previous 10 games:
8W-2L

This is the 2nd Game Six in a Conference Quarter-finals without home-ice advantage, with the Club’s record in the previous game:
0W-1L

Game Six in Conference-Era Playoff Format with Series 2-3 (since 1993-94)

This is the 11th Game Six in a Conference Playoff Series with the series 2-3, with the Club’s record in the previous 10 games:
4W-6L

This is 3rd Game Six in a Conference Playoff Series with the series 2-3 without home-ice advantage, with the Club's record in the previous 2 games:
1W-1L

Game Six in a Conference Quarter-finals with the series 2-3 (since 1993-94)
This is the 4th Game Six Conference Playoff Series with the series 2-3, with the Club's record in the previous 3 games:
1W-2L

This is the 1st Game Six in a Conference Quarter-finals Series, with the series 2-3 without home-ice advantage

On This Day
May 10
This is the 6th playoff game played on this date, with the Club’s record in the previous 5 games:
4W-1L

This is the 2nd playoff game v. Anaheim played on this day, with the Club's record in the previous  game:
1W

LGW.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#37 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,937 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:26 AM

Yoda says, "To the Duck Side, you must not go."

#38 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,609 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:30 AM

Helm and DeKeyser may not score but Helm would give us a second speedy line and DeKeyser would ha e prevented a few Ducks goals, resulting in a Wings 3-2 lead or a won series by now.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#39 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:34 AM

Truth, but DK would've been in instead of Lash, which may have changed things a bit.  Helm, at this point I have no clue if he would make a difference.  Our third line has been the most consistent line we've had.  Imagine though, if you would, a line of Nyquist-Helm-Brunner.  Holy speed.

Very true on DD the guy was doing amazing. And if helm was healthy he'd be on forth line i have to assume...then again maybe not. Anderson would be in miners.

But my point is helm healthy or not our 2 3 4 lines have been good. And adding him wouldn't change that. He also doesn't help our top line at all.

If anything it helped us for next year. Who know if we would have seen a third of Nyquist Anderson Brunner if all our guys were healthy. Here in a couple years that could literally be our number two line depending on what happens with DAT and fil and if we sign potential fa.

#40 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:19 AM

Hockeytown0001...that shot of the Joe in the OP gave me the chills.  Good job dude!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.