• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF - (6) San Jose Sharks vs. (5) Los Angeles Kings

Rate this topic

Not getting ahead of myself, but finding myself more interested in the outcome of this series. Not really seen any of it, could someone summarise the play in the series so far?

Not getting ahead of myself, but finding myself more interested in the outcome of this series. Not really seen any of it, could someone summarise the play in the series so far?

I didn't see all of last nights game, but up until then it's been a close physical series but seemed like San Jose has carried the play a bit more. Quick has been the difference.

Though Matt Greene is now back and making his presence known, Kopitar got on the board. It sounds like it was one of the Kings best games so far this playoffs.

I don't hate the sharks but honestly the way they are playing and how they are built is pretty impressive. The only thing the Kings lackis an enforcer, after Lombardi traded Westgart

Sent from my Transformer using Tapatalk 2

Edited by frankgrimes

Why does anybody celebrate a 5 on 3 goal. It's 5 on 3 lol

I bet the sharks have had more playoff 5 on 3 opportunities the last 5 years than anyone in the league. THat'd be an interesting stat to look up.

Niemi will be wining and dining the goalpost later - it's saved him twice already.

Marleau with a great chance - no cigar. 3:55 left in the first, Thorton has the only goal thus far. Kings can't clear the zone to save their lives. Hmmm, why does that sound familiar?

5 PPs for the Sharks in the first. Kings playing desperate, Sharks diving or refs that bad?

Niemi will be wining and dining the goalpost later - it's saved him twice already.

Marleau with a great chance - no cigar. 3:55 left in the first, Thorton has the only goal thus far. Kings can't clear the zone to save their lives. Hmmm, why does that sound familiar?

5 PPs for the Sharks in the first. Kings playing desperate, Sharks diving or refs that bad?

Honestly - the ones that have hurt the Kings were legit.....

Nobody watching this game?

Pulling for LA here. They have a better chance of beating Chicago, and also consequently, we have a better chance of beating LA if the Wings win tomorrow.

Here's a strange fact. If LA wins tonight, there will be 5 teams left in the playoffs who happen to be the last 5 Stanley Cup winners! Don't see that too often. I guess there's no parity in the NHL this year.

Haven't watched any of this series but seems like LA is putting up like 16-18 shots a game. Is Niemi being a sieve or did Quick steal this series?

The latter.

I didn't see ever minute of every game but from what I saw, overall I'd say the Sharks carried play more. Quick was the difference.

That's not to say Niemi was bad. I gained respect for him during this series. I thought he was overrated due to the Cup win on a stacked Chicago team.