Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Red Wings don't belong in the same rink as the Hawks?

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#81 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,225 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:26 PM

Not worth getting ruffled over or fired up about.

Unless you're the Wings.  ;)  Besides, it's fun getting ruffled.

Edited by MidMichSteve, 19 May 2013 - 04:27 PM.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#82 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

It's extremely clear to me what he's doing. Just like the ridiculous hater posts I had to make in the GDTs for like 5 games straight, he saw how poorly the Wings played in game 1 and felt that the good ol' jinxeroo was exactly the kick in the pants they needed to get it into OD. Thanks for your help with the win, dude. We appreciate it!

BTW, I miss those hater posts you write lol.

#83 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,963 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:04 PM

BTW, I miss those hater posts you write lol.

Let's hope I never have to revisit those again lol.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#84 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:33 PM

Even Don Cherry is giving Detroit lots of praise tonight. 

#85 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,513 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:31 PM

I personally don't have any disliking of the Blackhawk players (well - except for that little turd Kane) - however much of their fan base I detest.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#86 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:49 PM

I personally don't have any disliking of the Blackhawk players (well - except for that little turd Kane) - however much of their fan base I detest.

I think we're all in the same boat.

I do dislike carcillo and Crawford too, but I like their team for the most part

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#87 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

sigh, McNeil took day off today. I was really looking forward to listening to him on the radio.

#88 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,225 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:42 AM

sigh, McNeil took day off today. I was really looking forward to listening to him on the radio.

Take a little flak, did he?

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#89 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:12 PM

Seems the theme on the Score radio today in Chicago is that even though Hawks lost one game don't get worked up (which makes sense, we all know that) however they keep harping on usually in a 7 game series the better team always wins and not to get worried.

Um, if that is almost always the case, then how come lower seeds beat higher seeds in 7 game playoff series? Idiots.

#90 Resetti

Resetti

Rookie

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:21 PM

I wonder if Dan McNeil feels like a dumbass yet.   :g:

#91 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:42 PM

He better freakin' show up for work tomorrow so I can hear his excuses.

#92 rking72

rking72

Prospect

• 46 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:05 PM

He seems to miss more than he is there.  I only listen for about a half hour on my way to work.  His partner(speigal) took him to task a little today.  I was kind of hoping Wings fans would fill up the phone lines today

#93 Fedorovfan

Fedorovfan

humble servant

• 45 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:07 AM

Gosh the Blackhawks are so big & bad. Maybe, one day the Wings can hold their ground against them.....Lol!!!

Lets go Red Wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#94 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:04 AM

So far a Hawks caller today had the gall to call Dats' laser beam over Crawford's right shoulder a soft goal. And they want Crawford out, hahaha... Pasha is only one of the top players in the league.

Lot of talk about the interference call, which I probably agree with however I also believe it was a deserved make up call for the no call on Franzen boarding. They had Cotsonika from yahoo on (who apparently covered Detroit before?) and he said it was a bad call off for a goal however he had the smarts in the very next breath to say there were lots of bad calls including the no call on Franzen which if it was a penalty would have not allowed Kane to score.

They think the no goal broke their momentum, but without Kane goal to break the shutout, they might not have had that momentum.

That is my Chicago radio report so far today... waiting on McNeil.

#95 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:05 AM

Only halfway done, guys. Dont get too cocky just yet.

#96 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:12 AM

Only halfway done, guys. Dont get too cocky just yet.

Yeah, but it is nice to know we belong in the same rink as them.  The compete is there, which means we CAN win.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#97 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:17 AM

Yeah, but it is nice to know we belong in the same rink as them.  The compete is there, which means we CAN win.

Definitely that is all I am pointing out and analyzing the last two wins as reason for that, so I hope nobody was pointing at me for being overconfident. I also get the rare glimpse at the enemy fan's mindset as they start laying blame for the losses.

#98 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:19 AM

For sure! Totally agree. But saying what you just said is a lot more humble and a lot less jinx-ified than the posts before mine!!!

#99 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:20 AM

There is one variable the esteemed writer for the most important paper ever, the Chicago Tribune, forgot to present us with in his infamous hammer and nail parable. What if, and I'm just spitballing this, what if the hammer is in fact a BALL PEEN HAMMER? That DOES change things.

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#100 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:22 AM

So far a Hawks caller today had the gall to call Dats' laser beam over Crawford's right shoulder a soft goal. And they want Crawford out, hahaha... Pasha is only one of the top players in the league.

Lot of talk about the interference call, which I probably agree with however I also believe it was a deserved make up call for the no call on Franzen boarding. They had Cotsonika from yahoo on (who apparently covered Detroit before?) and he said it was a bad call off for a goal however he had the smarts in the very next breath to say there were lots of bad calls including the no call on Franzen which if it was a penalty would have not allowed Kane to score.

They think the no goal broke their momentum, but without Kane goal to break the shutout, they might not have had that momentum.

That is my Chicago radio report so far today... waiting on McNeil.

For sure! Totally agree. But saying what you just said is a lot more humble and a lot less jinx-ified than the posts before mine!!!

I guess my "hahaha" was too much for you, I will try to refrain from the laughter in future posts. Nothing else in the post was any more jinx worthy than our normal ribbing of Chicago fans or sports radio.