Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

WCSF Game 2 GDT : Red Wings 4 at Blackhawks 1 - (Series Tied at 1)

gdt

• Please log in to reply
632 replies to this topic

#341 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

Even Gordon Ramsey would say Zetterberg's dish was brilliant

one more period like that

#342 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

Please do not stop playing like this

#343 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

Great road effort so far, clear pucks out of our own end and keep shooting.  Make them come 200 feet.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#344 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,296 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

Yet, Dan Cleary has more points than Val Filppula in the playoffs. Filppula has been completely invisible besides two plays against Anaheim. Not sure the goal in Game 7 really qualifies as sick either. Z made the play entirely and Fil threw a backhander on net.

Flip wasn't invisible.  Don't you remember the backhand pass to no one behind his own net that led to a goal?

#345 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:44 PM

Not claiming to be a doctor nor have I played one on TV....but how can Drew Miller break his hand and is now playing in the game and Dekeyser broke his thumb and cannot play? Just curios, nothing against either of them....

Go Wings!

Depends on the severity of the break, which bone was broken, if there was other damage to ligaments or tendons...Also, the thumb is necessary to grip the stick.  Hard to play if you can't hold a stick.

#346 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:44 PM

Hey LGW who scored that second goal??? ;)
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#347 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

Told you guys Brendan Smith would make up for things with a big goal.

To think of all the hate this kid gets here from various posters.  

I confess, you had me LOLing :D

Seriously, I was just thinking "I haven't heard Smith's name this period and that's a good thing", and then he pops up with a goal on a great feed from Z.

Great road period, need to keep up the pressure in the 3rd and not sit back. 

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#348 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,064 posts

If this game goes to Triple OT, will the NHL cut it off to show the Freakness Stakes?

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#349 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,639 posts

Really strong period. The Wings are skating way harder today, especially the third line. Much easier to negate the Hawks attack when you have the puck more and can get out of your own zone cleaner.

Henrik Zetterberg is playing exceptional at both ends. 20 more minutes like that and this series is even.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#350 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,064 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

Hey LGW who scored that second goal??? ;)

Ummmmm................Zetterberg?

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#351 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Flip wasn't invisible.  Don't you remember the backhand pass to no one behind his own net that led to a goal?

How many games did we lose because of that one, again?

How many games did we win because of Filppula?

Filppula hasn't been racking up points, but he's working and making solid offensive plays. You can't say both of those things about either Franzen or Cleary.

Edited by Z and D for the C, 18 May 2013 - 01:47 PM.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#352 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Lord Milbury likes Smith this game.  Wow.  I think I might be qualified to be an "expert" when calling hockey games. 

#353 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

Don't take the foot off the gas pedal.  YOU know that if we go into third with 10 mins remaining, the refs will give hometown a weak arse penalty.  Buckle down, focus, keep on attacking.  

#354 26point2

26point2

If you don't know what you are doing, at least do it quickly

• HoF Booster
  • 2,483 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

Ummmmm................Zetterberg?

Yea, I'm giving it to Z...all Smith did was get in the way of a perfect pass.

#355 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

Based on your logic, it's the player who should have been there's fault, not Flip's.  It isn't like Flip hasn't gotten his fair share of well deserved criticism.  He's not a measuring stick for Cleary.  They are two different players.  Cleary has been dreadful for the past two seasons.  He's been given ample time with the top players, on the PP and in crucial situations and has been noticably unproductive.  I thank him for his prior service, and in his prime, he was a vital asset to the Wings.  But age and injuries have rendered him completely ineffective.  I sincerely hope he is not re-signed this offseason.

#356 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

seeing the word redemption so many times after that 2nd goal makes me want to throw up a little. i am eternally grateful that smith put that goal in, but he had a wide open net to shoot at and it was zetterberg that made the play and filppula driving the net taking the attention that allowed it to happen. smith was in the right place at the right time, that doesn't make up for the many boneheaded plays he has made in the last 2 games. he needs to be out there generating chances before his negatives can be overlooked.

on a related note, many keep whining that cleary gets hated on but filppula doesnt. the reason is that while neither have been particularly successful in the playoffs, cleary actively ruins plays while flip ends up doing his job. neither are making things happen, but cleary actually stops things from happening many times. cleary ends up getting points when others do the hard work, so the numbers show that cleart isnt as terrible as his play indicates.

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#357 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,296 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

How many games did we lose because of that one, again?

How many games did we win because of Filppula?

Filppula hasn't been racking up points, but he's working and making solid offensive plays. You can't say both of those things about either Franzen or Cleary.

No he hasn't.  Flip was terrible against Anaheim minus that one play.

#358 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

Crawford is not impenitrable.

#359 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,296 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

Based on your logic, it's the player who should have been there's fault, not Flip's.  It isn't like Flip hasn't gotten his fair share of well deserved criticism.  He's not a measuring stick for Cleary.  They are two different players.  Cleary has been dreadful for the past two seasons.  He's been given ample time with the top players, on the PP and in crucial situations and has been noticably unproductive.  I thank him for his prior service, and in his prime, he was a vital asset to the Wings.  But age and injuries have rendered him completely ineffective.  I sincerely hope he is not re-signed this offseason.

Nice strawman.

I'm not using Flip as a measuring stick for Cleary.  Frankly the expectations for Flip should be higher.

If we're talking about re-signing Cleary for next season, that's a different conversation.  I'm not saying Cleary is a great player.  Just that Cleary bashing has reached the level of sport here, in the same way it had about Ericsson and many other scapegoats before him.

#360 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

Does milbury bring in a photo of hitler when he goes to his local barbershop?