Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:07 PM

Big E - Kronwall
Smith- Danny D

Kindl - Quincey
Colo

Don't deal Quincey? It would be nice to get an upgrade on him. I think after Smith, he drew the most ire of any D-Man during the playoffs (and the mini-playoffs at the end of the season). He just doesn't fit into the Wings system very well.

#22 BadgerBob

BadgerBob

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:07 PM

Nyquist-Datsyuk-Horton

Tatar-Z-Clarkson

Mule-Helm-Brunner

Abby- Andy- Eaves

Tootoo

Same D 

I dont think Smith can.  But Nquist, Andy, and maybe even Brunner are able to

If we could get Clarkson AND Horton I think I'd have to change my shorts...I was so sick of watching our guys get pushed around by other teams. We need some guys that can get mean and still produce.

#23 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:10 PM

Don't deal Quincey? It would be nice to get an upgrade on him. I think after Smith, he drew the most ire of any D-Man during the playoffs (and the mini-playoffs at the end of the season). He just doesn't fit into the Wings system very well.

Before the last week of the season I'd be alllllllllllll for it but I think he stepped up when it mattered most (stupid check on the nogoal tonight aside). Also I'm not sure who would take on his contract. But sure, if we could trade him for a better and right-handed defensemen I wouldn't be up in arms.

Edited by Number19, 29 May 2013 - 11:11 PM.

#24 blueadams

blueadams

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:13 PM

In spite of Holland's DISASTROUS F***-UP last off-season, this team's still got a ton of potential to win it all next season.  Damage control.

Step one: Compliance Buy-outs for Samuelsson and Bertuzzi.

Step two: Resign RFA's: Nyquist, Andersson, Kindl & Smith.  I'm not sure what the raises are going to be.  I'll pencil in $500K for each.

Step three: Resign UFA's: Brunner and Filppula.  I'm not sure what the raises are going to be.  I'll pencil in $1mil for each.  (*I know Filppula sucks, but look at the market).

Step four: Call-up Tatar and Jarnkrok.  I loved what our skilled young prospects brought to the team this season, and I want to see more of it.  Jarnkrok might not be as ripe as we'd like him to be, but I'd still like to see what he can do.

Step five: Try to move Eaves, Colaiacovo and Gustavsson, if you can (*I'm not optimistic), to create some extra cap space.  1) I'm not sure Gustavsson brings more to the team than Mrazek.  2) Colaiacovo's probably going to be hurt all season, and we've already got 7 D-men signed.  3) No room for Eaves.

Step six.  Work magic and acquire a top-line winger.  Trade?  Maybe.  Free agent?  Weak market, but we might be able to get someone.  There should be at least 4mil available.  More if we can move some dead-weight.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / *?*F.A. or Trade*?* (NaN) 
Valtteri Filppula ($4.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Damien Brunner ($2.350m) 
Gustav Nyquist ($1.375m) / Calle Jarnkrok ($0.900m) / Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) 
Joakim Andersson ($1.375m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) 
Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / 
Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / 
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) 
Kyle Quincey ($3.775m) / Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m) 
Jakub Kindl ($1.383m) / Brendan Smith ($1.375m) 
Brian Lashoff ($0.725m) / 
Carlo Colaiacovo ($2.500m) / 
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m) 
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m) 
OTHER
Buyout: Mikael Samuelsson ($0.000m) 
Buyout: Todd Bertuzzi ($0.000m) 
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,036,212; BONUSES: $1,170,000
CAP SPACE (25-man roster): $4,433,788

Edited by blueadams, 29 May 2013 - 11:21 PM.

#25 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:21 PM

In spite of Holland's DISASTROUS F***-UP last off-season, this team's still got a ton of potential to win it all next season.  Damage control.

Step one: Compliance Buy-outs for Samuelsson and Bertuzzi.

Step two: Resign RFA's: Nyquist, Andersson, Kindl & Smith.  I'm not sure what the raises are going to be.  I'll pencil in $500K for each.

Step three: Resign UFA's: Brunner and Filppula.  I'm not sure what the raises are going to be.  I'll pencil in $1mil for each.  (*I know Filppula sucks, but look at the market).

Step four: Call-up Tatar and Jarnkrok.  I loved what our skilled young prospects brought to the team this season, and I want to see more of it.  Jarnkrok might not be as ripe as we'd like him to be, but I'd still like to see what he can do.

Step five: Try to move Eaves, Colaiacovo and Gustavsson, if you can (*I'm not optimistic), to create some extra cap space.  1) I'm not sure Gustavsson brings more to the team than Mrazek.  2) Colaiacovo's probably going to be hurt all season, and we've already got 7 D-men signed.  3) No room for Eaves.

Step six.  Work magic and acquire a top-line winger.  Trade?  Maybe.  Free agent?  Weak market, but we might be able to get someone.  There should be at least 4mil available.  More if we can move some dead-weight.

My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Damien Brunner ($2.350m) 
Valtteri Filppula ($4.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) 
Gustav Nyquist ($1.375m) / Calle Jarnkrok ($0.900m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) 
Joakim Andersson ($1.375m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / *?*F.A. or Trade*?* (NaN) 
Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / 
Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / 
DEFENSEMEN
Kyle Quincey ($3.775m) / Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m) 
Jakub Kindl ($1.383m) / Brendan Smith ($1.375m) 
Carlo Colaiacovo ($2.500m) / 
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m) 
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m) 
OTHER
Buyout: Todd Bertuzzi ($0.000m) 
------
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,036,212; BONUSES: $1,170,000
CAP SPACE (25-man roster): $4,433,788

Wow, very conservative roster. Probably very similar to what Kenny will do, actually. I wouldn't be surprised if it looked exactly like this. 

Why keep Filppula for 4 mil, though? You expect him to bounce back? 4 mil for his numbers this year is flushing money down the toilet. 

#26 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,960 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:24 PM

Wonder if Philly decides to buy out Danny Briere.....I've always wanted to see him here. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#27 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:30 PM

Wonder if Philly decides to buy out Danny Briere.....I've always wanted to see him here. 

Great playoff performer too. Unlike Fil though, not very good defensively.

I'd give him a one-year contract if he gets bought out. But some other team will probably offer more money/term.

#28 blueadams

blueadams

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:32 PM

Wow, very conservative roster. Probably very similar to what Kenny will do, actually. I wouldn't be surprised if it looked exactly like this. 

Why keep Filppula for 4 mil, though? You expect him to bounce back? 4 mil for his numbers this year is flushing money down the toilet. 

He might be the top FA in this weak market.  He'll get a raise.

#29 MotorCityMadness

MotorCityMadness

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:43 PM

I'm not gonna list numerous scenarios, but all I know is this team NEEDS to make some TOUGH DECISIONS and make appropriate decisions in order to make this team better going forward. Its time to drop the loyalty crap and get players who are willing to do what it takes to win game 1 of the regular season all the way till the end of the playoffs. If it means losing a "Fan Favorite" then so be it as long as it results in 16 victories in the playoffs. 

HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!

#30 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,945 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:44 PM

Do we really need a thread to say the same thing people have been posting threads to say all year?

#31 mtuhockey7

mtuhockey7

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:50 PM

Drop Sammy, White, Bert, Flip, and Monster.

Sign Clarkson, Bickell/Bozak (either one), Scuderi, Stalock.

Bring up Tommy Tater already!

Edited by mtuhockey7, 30 May 2013 - 12:29 AM.

#32 blueadams

blueadams

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:23 AM

If you're looking for something less conservative..

Step1: I get rid of everyone I hate.  Compliance buy-outs for Quincey & Samuelsson.  Normal buy-outs for Bertuzzi, Colaiacovo, Tootoo, Gustavson and Eaves.

Step2: Resign RFA's: N
yquist, Andersson, Kindl and Smith ($500K raise each) & UFA's: Filppula (no raise), Brunner ($1M raise) and Murask (no raise).

Step3: Recall Tatar, Jarnkrok and Mrazek.

Step4: Making use of all the cap-space I've created, I take on the enormous contract of a superstar forward whose team is looking to move on - - - Alexander Ovechkin.

Step5: I use the remaining cap-space to sign veteran defenseman Mark Streit.

My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Alex Ovechkin ($9.538m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m) 
Gustav Nyquist ($1.375m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Damien Brunner ($2.350m) 
Calle Jarnkrok ($0.900m) / Valtteri Filppula ($4.000m) / Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) 
Joakim Andersson ($1.375m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) 
Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / 
DEFENSEMEN
Mark Streit ($1.900m) / Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m) 
Jakub Kindl ($1.383m) /   (NaN) 
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m) 
Petr Mrazek ($0.790m) 
OTHER
Buyout: Kyle Quincey ($0.000m) 
Buyout: Todd Bertuzzi ($0.625m) 
Buyout: Jordin Tootoo ($0.567m) 
Buyout: Patrick Eaves ($0.400m) 
Buyout: Carlo Colaiacovo ($0.600m) 
Buyout: Jonas Gustavsson ($0.500m) 
------
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,631,340; BONUSES: $1,365,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $33,660

Edited by blueadams, 30 May 2013 - 12:23 AM.

#33 BadgerBob

BadgerBob

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:13 AM

If you're looking for something less conservative..

Step1: I get rid of everyone I hate.  Compliance buy-outs for Quincey & Samuelsson.  Normal buy-outs for Bertuzzi, Colaiacovo, Tootoo, Gustavson and Eaves.

Step2: Resign RFA's: N
yquist, Andersson, Kindl and Smith ($500K raise each) & UFA's: Filppula (no raise), Brunner ($1M raise) and Murask (no raise).

Step3: Recall Tatar, Jarnkrok and Mrazek.

Step4: Making use of all the cap-space I've created, I take on the enormous contract of a superstar forward whose team is looking to move on - - - Alexander Ovechkin.

Step5: I use the remaining cap-space to sign veteran defenseman Mark Streit.

My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Alex Ovechkin ($9.538m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m) 
Gustav Nyquist ($1.375m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Damien Brunner ($2.350m) 
Calle Jarnkrok ($0.900m) / Valtteri Filppula ($4.000m) / Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) 
Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / 
DEFENSEMEN
Mark Streit ($1.900m) / Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m) 
Jakub Kindl ($1.383m) /   (NaN) 
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m) 
Petr Mrazek ($0.790m) 
OTHER
Buyout: Kyle Quincey ($0.000m) 
Buyout: Todd Bertuzzi ($0.625m) 
Buyout: Jordin Tootoo ($0.567m) 
Buyout: Patrick Eaves ($0.400m) 
Buyout: Carlo Colaiacovo ($0.600m) 
Buyout: Jonas Gustavsson ($0.500m) 
------
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,631,340; BONUSES: $1,365,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $33,660

Okay, so hypothetically, who all would be sent to Washington for Ovechkin? I couldn't even imagine how bad they'd drain our farm system with that.

#34 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:34 AM

We need to draft some of these players for sure.

If Holland doesn't acquire both Hingle McCringleberry and Jackmerius Tacktheritrix then you might as well give Mike Milbury a shot at running the team. 

#35 BadgerBob

BadgerBob

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:43 AM

We need to draft some of these players for sure.

If Holland doesn't acquire both Hingle McCringleberry and Jackmerius Tacktheritrix then you might as well give Mike Milbury a shot at running the team. 

I think he should take a look at L'Carpetron Dookmarriot. The guy has some sick flow!

#36 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:49 AM

-Let Filppula walk
-Let White walk
-Only re-sign Cleary at reduced rate and only for the bottom 6. Otherwise he should walk
-Re-sign RFAs
-Re-sign Drew Miller
-Buyout Samuelsson
-Buyout Bertuzzi

I'd really like to see Franzen gone, but that's fairly unrealistic, so I won't go there.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Franzen
Tatar-Nyquist-UFA
Abdelkader-Helm-Brunner
Miller-Andersson-Tootoo
Eaves/Cleary

Don't see the defense changing much from what we saw in the playoffs.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros, 30 May 2013 - 02:50 AM.

"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#37 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:09 AM

out: Bertuzzi, Samuelson, Filpula, Cleary (if demands aren't a hometown discount), White

in: Clarkson, Scott, Horton would be a nice start

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#38 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:07 AM

He might be the top FA in this weak market.  He'll get a raise.

Just wait, there are going to be a LOT of free agents around.  There are a lot good/decent on bad contracts out there that teams will be looking to dump - Richards, Hossa and LeCavalier could all end up bought out for example.  Plenty of teams are in a real cap crunch and will be unable to sign their UFAs, so there's a real possibility of guys like Horton hitting the open market. 

-Let Filppula walk
-Let White walk
-Only re-sign Cleary at reduced rate and only for the bottom 6. Otherwise he should walk
-Re-sign RFAs
-Re-sign Drew Miller
-Buyout Samuelsson
-Buyout Bertuzzi

I'd really like to see Franzen gone, but that's fairly unrealistic, so I won't go there.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Franzen
Tatar-Nyquist-UFA
Abdelkader-Helm-Brunner
Miller-Andersson-Tootoo
Eaves/Cleary

Don't see the defense changing much from what we saw in the playoffs.

I agree with all of this except for Miller.  He and Eaves are pretty much interchangable, and if we re-sign Cleary (cheaply) then we can't afford to waste a roster spot on a guy like Miller, as servicable as he's been for us.  We've got a logjam of forward prospects coming through,and a lot of potential talent available on the FA market, so we need to have the roster space to take advantage. 

Also, send Emmerton down to GR, there's a fair chance he'll clear waivers.  If not, good luck to the kid, but with a healthy Helm, Andersson takes the 4th line C spot.

Edited by Nev, 30 May 2013 - 05:10 AM.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#39 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:28 AM

Just wait, there are going to be a LOT of free agents around.  There are a lot good/decent on bad contracts out there that teams will be looking to dump - Richards, Hossa and LeCavalier could all end up bought out for example.  Plenty of teams are in a real cap crunch and will be unable to sign their UFAs, so there's a real possibility of guys like Horton hitting the open market. 

I agree with all of this except for Miller.  He and Eaves are pretty much interchangable, and if we re-sign Cleary (cheaply) then we can't afford to waste a roster spot on a guy like Miller, as servicable as he's been for us.  We've got a logjam of forward prospects coming through,and a lot of potential talent available on the FA market, so we need to have the roster space to take advantage. 

Also, send Emmerton down to GR, there's a fair chance he'll clear waivers.  If not, good luck to the kid, but with a healthy Helm, Andersson takes the 4th line C spot.

Yes exactly! Helm needs to be playing on the third line with some skill and speed! Imagine a Tatar- helm- brunner line? That should be a dominant third line that cause havoc and puts up some decent numbers

#40 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:13 AM

Honestly this team is a player or two away... Tweak the roster get a power forward get rid of Franzen, get Helm back get Dekeyser and they will be a top team next year.

Yes and no. You're assuming that all our young guys continue to progress. What happens of they take a step back next year?

And while Iagree we only need two guys. Two top 6 guys. The problem is I think Holland brings back clearly and fil. Leavingbus no room for the guys we need and were stuck with the same team.

I personally think we shouldn't resign fil or clearly and buyout franzen and one other bum(quincey mayne if you cant trade his high cap hit).:Giving us room to sign Horton and clarkson.