• Please log in to reply
1081 replies to this topic

#21 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:51 PM

I don't care what the terms are, get him and his nose signed!

#22 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:09 PM

I can't believe the numbers you guys are throwin out.  Compare him and his scoring to Hudler and then consider Hudler got 4 yrs @ $4m per on the open market.

Guys that primarily put the puck into the net are the hard one's to find. 

He played half a season. We don't know what we're comparing yet.

I'd give him a two year deal for 2.25m to prove himself.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#23 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:11 PM

Because of his short time in NA he is deemed "high risk, high reward" when you talk 3-4 mil per year. Something however, tells me that he may not be as high risk as some may think. I don't know, talking out my ass. Just think he is worth a little extra if need be. My perfect scenario, as with others is 2.5-3 mil per year for 2 years.

Edited by Marty Barry, 12 June 2013 - 05:11 PM.

#24 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

I was curious if everyone is still in the old cap level mindset? When we talk about 2 or 2.5 or 4 mil players of the past few years, I think with the whole cap being reduced by 6 mil, everyone needs to adjust those numbers (including the players and their agents).

#25 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,610 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:17 PM

$2.5M is a deal for his "potential."  :D

Seriously though, if we get him for 4-5 years, $2.5M per, that would be great!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#26 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:33 AM

All this talk of $1.5-2M, its no wonder people slag off KH so much when they have such unrealistic expectations.  He is an UNRESTRICTED free agent.  Y'know, those guys that desperate GMs give huge contracts to?

If we can get him for $2.5M that would be amazeballs.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#27 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:35 PM

3m for 2 or 3 years I thinks.

#28 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:17 PM

He played half a season. We don't know what we're comparing yet.

I'd give him a two year deal for 2.25m to prove himself.

And you're ok seeing him go to Vancouver or Dallas for 2yr $3m per?

#29 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:35 PM

Let him walk if he wont sign for 2.5m. This guy is NOTHING by himself. Hudler part 2.

#30 MileHighWingsGuy

MileHighWingsGuy

Rookie

• Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:30 PM

Brunner will be a classic scorer with another year or two under his belt, a true sniper IMO. Don't screw around with Brunner, get him under contract as soon as possible.

RedWing fan behind enemy lines

#31 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:48 AM

Brunner WANTS to be a better player and you can see that as he is developing his game to try to be more helpful defensively. You can't say that about all wings players.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#32 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:46 AM

I'm hoping bruns will take a little less money than i think he's worth in favor of a slightly longer term.... say 2.5 mil for 4 years and i'd be stoked.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#33 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:49 AM

Just sign so my daughter can get your jersey!

#34 Wingsfan72

Wingsfan72

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:58 AM

Let him walk if he wont sign for 2.5m. This guy is NOTHING by himself. Hudler part 2.

545736_219091141527527_1423588758_n.jpg

I'd be ecstatic if Kenny could sign him to a 3/4 year deal at 3M! 

If I die tell my wife I said, "Hello".

#35 StormJH1

StormJH1

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:33 PM

All this talk of $1.5-2M, its no wonder people slag off KH so much when they have such unrealistic expectations.  He is an UNRESTRICTED free agent.  Y'know, those guys that desperate GMs give huge contracts to?

If we can get him for $2.5M that would be amazeballs.

This.  Jordin Tootoo makes $1.9 mil per.  We just signed Miller for $1.3 mil.  Whether based on potential or on what he actually did, do i have to explain why Brunner isn't just "a little bit more valuable" than those guys?

People assume that the Europeans (well, unless they're Russian) somehow owe it to the team that gave them a chance in the NHL.  It's actually the Wings that owe him money if they want him to play here instead of anywhere else next year.  Also, he may be a 2nd year player in NHL terms, but his age and international experience suggest he's due for his "prime contract" very soon.

I agree that 2 years for $2.5 or $3 million might be feasible b/c that allows Brunner to build additional value and cash in after 2015.

#36 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:34 PM

Brunner will get more then 2.5 mil. I guarantee it

Posted Image

#37 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:43 PM

The only thing I dont like is that he played in a lockout season. Last time there was a lockout and the league started up again, some players looked better than they really are. I just hope his year wont be like that and next year he will continue to grow if we do re-sign him.

#38 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:50 PM

I think a short-term contract is in the best interest of everyone involved.

Holland would want a short contract because of the uncertainty.  Did he plateau?  Or is he really progressing?  Was it just a weird lockout season? Those sorts of questions might make him hesitant to go long-term.

And Brunner, who is probably itching for his big money contract, has bought into the Wings system.  He's changing his style of play and I imagine working with the team staff to better himself.  He may want his big money now, but if he realizes he can't get a lifetime contract, a one year or two year deal might appeal to him.  Get a chance to prove he's worth that money and not have to risk hurting his development somewhere else.

• Nev likes this
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#39 TheOwl

TheOwl

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:10 AM

Hudler is a legitimate top 6 forward, who we shouldn't of let go. Hudler at 4 million is a lot better than Sammy at 3 million. If Brunner wants 3, give it to him.

#40 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:14 AM

You don't let players like that walk

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s