• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ram

Brunner Contract Talks

Rate this topic

All this talk of $1.5-2M, its no wonder people slag off KH so much when they have such unrealistic expectations. He is an UNRESTRICTED free agent. Y'know, those guys that desperate GMs give huge contracts to?

If we can get him for $2.5M that would be amazeballs.

He played half a season. We don't know what we're comparing yet.

I'd give him a two year deal for 2.25m to prove himself.

And you're ok seeing him go to Vancouver or Dallas for 2yr $3m per?

Guest The Axe

Let him walk if he wont sign for 2.5m. This guy is NOTHING by himself. Hudler part 2.

All this talk of $1.5-2M, its no wonder people slag off KH so much when they have such unrealistic expectations. He is an UNRESTRICTED free agent. Y'know, those guys that desperate GMs give huge contracts to?

If we can get him for $2.5M that would be amazeballs.

This. Jordin Tootoo makes $1.9 mil per. We just signed Miller for $1.3 mil. Whether based on potential or on what he actually did, do i have to explain why Brunner isn't just "a little bit more valuable" than those guys?

People assume that the Europeans (well, unless they're Russian) somehow owe it to the team that gave them a chance in the NHL. It's actually the Wings that owe him money if they want him to play here instead of anywhere else next year. Also, he may be a 2nd year player in NHL terms, but his age and international experience suggest he's due for his "prime contract" very soon.

I agree that 2 years for $2.5 or $3 million might be feasible b/c that allows Brunner to build additional value and cash in after 2015.

The only thing I dont like is that he played in a lockout season. Last time there was a lockout and the league started up again, some players looked better than they really are. I just hope his year wont be like that and next year he will continue to grow if we do re-sign him.

I think a short-term contract is in the best interest of everyone involved.

Holland would want a short contract because of the uncertainty. Did he plateau? Or is he really progressing? Was it just a weird lockout season? Those sorts of questions might make him hesitant to go long-term.

And Brunner, who is probably itching for his big money contract, has bought into the Wings system. He's changing his style of play and I imagine working with the team staff to better himself. He may want his big money now, but if he realizes he can't get a lifetime contract, a one year or two year deal might appeal to him. Get a chance to prove he's worth that money and not have to risk hurting his development somewhere else.

Let him walk if he wont sign for 2.5m. This guy is NOTHING by himself. Hudler part 2.

Hudler is a legitimate top 6 forward, who we shouldn't of let go. Hudler at 4 million is a lot better than Sammy at 3 million. If Brunner wants 3, give it to him.

don't kid yourself, hudler is just as useless as Sammy

I don't understand how people can be so down on Sammy. He was out all season with injuries. He played what 2 games? But that means that he is useless? As far as Hudler, people may not like him but he has averaged 17 goals a game throughout his career. He had 20 4 of the past 5 years and 10 in 42 games this year. He's not a Rocket Richard candidate but he's certainly not useless.

I don't understand how people can be so down on Sammy. He was out all season with injuries. He played what 2 games? But that means that he is useless? As far as Hudler, people may not like him but he has averaged 17 goals a game throughout his career. He had 20 4 of the past 5 years and 10 in 42 games this year. He's not a Rocket Richard candidate but he's certainly not useless.

I think you meant 17 goals per SEASON, not game. If he was doing 17 goals per game, people would already be saying "Wayne who?" ;) Your points are good ones, though.

As for Brunner, I would have absolutely zero qualms with giving him $3.5 for two years for all of the reasons already mentioned. You seriously don't let a player like him leave over $1m, assuming he'll take the shorter term contract. He brings something to the table we sorely lack, and is (hopefully) just getting warmed up.

On the flip side, he'd be a fool to ask for a longer term deal or to bolt from a team that he fits well on, gave him his shot, has a winning tradition, and has linemates he's proven to have some chemistry with. With a two year deal, he'll only be 29 next time his bell comes up and still very much in his prime. To my mind, that situation is the safest bet for all parties concerned. He doesn't wind up playing for a doormat for five years and busting, gets a reasonable amount of money and a lot of great experience. We get some scoring we desperately need at a reasonable price, and aren't locked into anything if he Leinos.

Edited by Uncle Danny

I'd be totally fine with 3.5 for 2 years. He proves himself at that stage, then let the guy earn some cash. His drop-off worries me a bit, but it's his first year in North America. He's got a wicked shot, and we need more shoot-first players.

well last year, prior to December 6 he registered 2 goals on his first 4 games, then went 20 games without a goal. then scored 10 goals in 13 games, then 5 goals in his last 19 games. he only scores goals that are basically empty netters. at least 10-15 goals last year were wide open, he even said so himself in an interview. so this year aside, sammy scored 10 more goals in his last 4 full nhl seasons than Hudler 81 goals for sammy, 71 for huds. So to Hudler is better, or anything of the like is ridiculous, Sammy was a good replacement for huds at a discount, no one could have predicted that many injuries for him, bert or helm, so stop making him out to be on some kind of pedestal compared to sammy please

$7M/2yr. Done. I'd do that in a heartbeat if he would accept it. Streit's contract makes me think salaries for FA are going to be inflated, even with the salary cap dropping.

He's RH, he shoots, he skates, and he's competitive. I have faith that he can make great strides in improving his D.

Guest The Axe

If he wants 2.5 mil for a couple years, great. If he wants more, bye. Very simple.