• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWingCraig

Wings looking to trade before using buyouts

Rate this topic

Now I love me some Helm but it seems everyone is forgetting the struggles he has to have his hands catch up with his feet...

If there's one thing Filppula has over Helm is that his hands are far more superior. Helm's skill set is ideal for a 3rd line center.

He just doesn't have the finishing nor the playmaking ability to be a 2nd line center.

While I hope that I am right and you are wrong, I wish more people on this forum could respectfully counterpoint the way you do. Props.

If you thought Detroit played "a nice physical series with him out of the lineup", then you need to get those prescriptions checked. I think I saw Abdelkader deliver a few big checks, but outside of him, nothing. Tootoo should have played in the playoffs, and will be a valuable asset next season. It's hard to win playing soft hockey, especially in the East, as much as Holland would have you believe otherwise. It's a physical game. Detroit would be wise to try and find that balance they had in the 90's, like Chicago has now.

Bickell is going to demand more money than he's worth, and I don't see Holland going after Clarkson, as much as I would like to see him in a Wings uniform next season. I hope I'm wrong, but this is Holland we're talking about...

Bickell isn't the only one that's gonna be overpaid. Most UFAs have gotten and will continue to get contracts that are completely out of line with the player's actual worth and it's the reason the stupid owner's feel they need a lockout each time the CBA expires. UFAs should be avoided like the Bubonic Plague.

I also believe the Wings will regret the day they signed Z and Francine those lifetime contracts. At the time it was probably assumed that both players would retire before the end of the contract and the cap hit would disappear, NOT gonna happen and even in if they play out their contracts neither one will be worth their cap hit the final 3 or 4 years.

While I hope that I am right and you are wrong, I wish more people on this forum could respectfully counterpoint the way you do. Props.

Well thanks very much for the compliment. I just love my Red Wings and having thoughtful conversations/debates with passionate people such as yourself.

And believe me I hope your right as well.

Emmerton and Tootoo are essentially worthless in trades, unless used as a make-weight as part of a bigger trade. Bert has an NTC and can't be compliance bought out because he makes <$3M

I don't understand trading Colo unless its part of a package for a better defenceman (eg Yandle). He's a good player with a low cap hit. If we trade him and don't get another d-man back, then Lashoff becomes our 7D *shudders*

The $3M+ buyout requirement was only for the early buyouts last summer (Gomez and Redden). There are no dollar requirements this summer or next.

Bickell isn't the only one that's gonna be overpaid. Most UFAs have gotten and will continue to get contracts that are completely out of line with the player's actual worth and it's the reason the stupid owner's feel they need a lockout each time the CBA expires. UFAs should be avoided like the Bubonic Plague.

I also believe the Wings will regret the day they signed Z and Francine those lifetime contracts. At the time it was probably assumed that both players would retire before the end of the contract and the cap hit would disappear, NOT gonna happen and even in if they play out their contracts neither one will be worth their cap hit the final 3 or 4 years.

possible, but you can't say that for sure. Zetterberg is a work horse and a great leader, so who knows.

Guest The Axe

Bert and Sammy buyouts are first. If Holland cant get those right, why bother with the rest.

Bert and Sammy buyouts are first. If Holland cant get those right, why bother with the rest.

I wouldn't hold your breath on Bert being bought out, a few things would have to happen for him to be one of our 2 candidates for one.

I think he's at best 4th on our list of buyout candidates and possibly even 5th depending on whether they are just trying to free up a roster spot or trying to cut salary.

I think the order would be 1.) Sammy, 2.) Colaiacovo 3.) Tootoo 4.) Bert or Emmerton

I wouldn't hold your breath on Bert being bought out, a few things would have to happen for him to be one of our 2 candidates for one.

I think he's at best 4th on our list of buyout candidates and possibly even 5th depending on whether they are just trying to free up a roster spot or trying to cut salary.

I think the order would be 1.) Sammy, 2.) Colaiacovo 3.) Tootoo 4.) Bert or Emmerton

This looks good. I think Holland might be conservative and only use one this summer, and that would be on Sammy. Cola for a trade of some kind.

Im fine with parting ways with Flip, Cleary, Brunner, Bert, Sammy, Tootoo, Colo, and White. Use Buyouts, Trades, Retirements, whatever. Just wipe the slate clean of them and the 17+ mil they come with.

Z-Dats-Franzen

Nyquist-Helm-Abdelkader

Tatar-Andersson-Eaves

Miller-Emdog-Sheahan

Pulks-Jurco

Kronwall-Ericsson

Quincey-Smith

Kindl-Lashoff

Almquist

Howard

Gustavsson

I like that line up and an extra 10 mil to spend at some point then having all that excess garbage.

Sheahan is not ready, Jurco played just his first year of pro and is not ready, and Pulks was a healthy scratch for the Griffs during the playoffs. And I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure Almquist was getting scratched near the end there as well.

Guest Crymson

Sheahan is not ready, Jurco played just his first year of pro and is not ready, and Pulks was a healthy scratch for the Griffs during the playoffs. And I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure Almquist was getting scratched near the end there as well.

Almquist was an important contributor, and the Griffins missed him after he was concussed out of the finals. He's got an even shot to make the NHL if he continues adding bulk, but it won't happen this season unless he amazes in training camp.

Almquist was an important contributor, and the Griffins missed him after he was concussed out of the finals. He's got an even shot to make the NHL if he continues adding bulk, but it won't happen this season unless he amazes in training camp.

Ahh ok, I wasn't sure why he was out of the line up. That's my b.

Emdog bought out? Ha! He makes league minimum. No chance.

I highly doubt they'd waste a compliance buyout on him either, but I think he's viewed as one of the most expendable players we have on the roster.

They are more likely to just put him on waivers and if he's not claimed just send him to the minors, which would cost them nothing against the cap.

They could even use a regular buyout on him since it would only cost them a few hundred thousand over 2 years.

Guest Crymson

I highly doubt they'd waste a compliance buyout on him either, but I think he's viewed as one of the most expendable players we have on the roster.

They are more likely to just put him on waivers and if he's not claimed just send him to the minors, which would cost them nothing against the cap.

They could even use a regular buyout on him since it would only cost them a few hundred thousand over 2 years.

There's no reason to buy him out when he could just be stashed in the minors.

Guest The Axe

That, and he's our 4th line center.

With Jarnkrok, Sheahan and Ferraro already there, they might prefer to just let Emmerton go rather than pushing far more promising prospects down the depth chart.

he was our 4th line center if Helm comes back he's 5th and highly unlikely to be re-signed.

Guest Crymson

You really ought to dump this gimmick. It got old long ago. You know full well that Emmerton is both disposable and very likely gone.

Edited by Crymson

The $3M+ buyout requirement was only for the early buyouts last summer (Gomez and Redden). There are no dollar requirements this summer or next.

Really? OK, I was not aware of that.

I still don't think we should buy out Bert. I'd save that 2nd buyout and use it to threaten Franzen all season.

trade emmerton, the rights to fil and the 3rd pick to winnipeg for burmistrov ( he is 21...its like a draft pick!)

sign weiss...kick the tires on a malone deal

lose bert, sammy, toots, cleary,colo,white

we still have abs,miller,eaves,helm to hit.

scour the buyouts for a defenceman that can hold down the 5-6-7spot

the last i looked...we lost to pitt=no scoring ( im looking at you..hossa)

to san jose=no scoring

to nashville=no scoring

to chicago up 3-1 games= no scoring

i think the d was fine...it was the lack of something..something

the east is overrated about its toughness.