• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ogreslayer

Wings sign Alfredsson to 1-year, $3.5m deal (+$2m bonuses)

Rate this topic

I think we all like Cleary. But as a role player. Babcock likes to pretend he's a top 6 scorer.

If we didn't have such a backlog of players I'm sure most of us would be fine with him returning if he was kept in his proper role.

THIS time 1000!

I think back to the trade smith thread that popped up in the playoffs. there was like 1 guy that actually wanted to trade him and everyone else in there just wanted him to sit for a game or two to get his head straight. its the same thing here; its not that people hate cleary or wish him ill fortune, we just hate seeing him brought back and given way too much of a role. especially at the expense of younger players. and while theres the idea that young players have to earn their time, we all know darned well no matter how well they play, when they have waiver exemption, they always end up getting sent down.

we all know babcock is an amazing coach. it just seems that on certain issues he remains stubborn. this is one where i think a majority of the fan base disagrees with how much slack cleary is given. and just because babcock is an nhl coach doesnt mean hes infallible. he can be wrong. so when ever people cop out on the 'i think ill trust the nhl coach' crap can just save it.

worst of all, the lgw backlash gets totally blown out of proportion. there are so many posts about how cleary is the whipping boy and how he is irrationally treated by other fans. but if you look at a majority of the cleary dislike, its often just frustration of how much ice time he gets or the linemates he gets. its not like people are insluting his family or anything.

worst of all, the lgw backlash gets totally blown out of proportion. there are so many posts about how cleary is the whipping boy and how he is irrationally treated by other fans. but if you look at a majority of the cleary dislike, its often just frustration of how much ice time he gets or the linemates he gets. its not like people are insluting his family or anything.

I guess people see what they want to see.

Back to Alfredsson practicing with the Senators, Brendan Savage mentioned this in an article about Helm:

The other Red Wings who joined Helm on the Joe Louis Arena ice Thursday were Jimmy Howard, Jonathan Ericsson, Todd Bertuzzi, Johan Franzen, Niklas Kronwall, Drew Miller, Brendan Smith and Mikael Samuelsson.

Other players on hand included former Red Wings forward Valtteri Filppula, who signed as a free agent with the Tampa Bay Lightning, Vancouver Canucks forward Ryan Kesler and Nathan Gerbe, who spent the last five seasons with the Buffalo Sabres. Kesler and Gerbe are Michigan natives.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/08/detroit_red_wings_darren_helm_1.html

I know it's a different situation with Alfredsson, but in general I don't think it's as big of deal to the players having former teammates work out together. Wonder what jersey Flip wore?

Back to Alfredsson practicing with the Senators, Brendan Savage mentioned this in an article about Helm:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/08/detroit_red_wings_darren_helm_1.html

I know it's a different situation with Alfredsson, but in general I don't think it's as big of deal to the players having former teammates work out together. Wonder what jersey Flip wore?

Saw something earlier that he actually had his Wings gear on

I can't help but wonder why Kesler doesn't stay in Vancouver year round. This region is amazing in the summertime.

I'm sure he has his reasons. Maybe he just wants some peace and quiet from the fans and media.

I can't help but wonder why Kesler doesn't stay in Vancouver year round. This region is amazing in the summertime.

I'm sure he has his reasons. Maybe he just wants some peace and quiet from the fans and media.

being a michigan native, he might just miss it at home.. wonder how much (if at all) kesler wants to play in detroit.

Simple, Vancouver has an imense amount of scrutiny during the season so I think players might prefer some quiet months with their loved ones. I don't blame him one bit for that, Vancouver is a very tough market for every hockeyplayer.

Simple, Vancouver has an imense amount of scrutiny during the season so I think players might prefer some quiet months with their loved ones. I don't blame him one bit for that, Vancouver is a very tough market for every hockeyplayer.

Yeah like I said in my second paragraph there.

And especially when you consider Keslers personality. He was so guarded and secret about his return even though the doctors had cleared him. He was actually kind of a dick about the whole thing.

I guess I can see him wanting to get out of town, no matter which town he is playing in.

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive

Babcock said Datsyuk will play with Zetterberg and Weiss will play with Franzen. Hasn't decided other wingers on top two lines.

Babcock hasn't decided if Alfredsson will play with 13/40 or Weiss/Franzen. Said Abdelkader could be on top-2 line or 3rd line with Helm.

Babcock said Alfredsson will play the right point, alongside Kronwall, on top PP unit.

deserves an own thread?

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive

Babcock said Datsyuk will play with Zetterberg and Weiss will play with Franzen. Hasn't decided other wingers on top two lines.

Babcock hasn't decided if Alfredsson will play with 13/40 or Weiss/Franzen. Said Abdelkader could be on top-2 line or 3rd line with Helm.

Babcock said Alfredsson will play the right point, alongside Kronwall, on top PP unit.

deserves an own thread?

I lean towards wanting to see 40/13/11 & 93/90/14 myself

I lean towards wanting to see 40/13/11 & 93/90/14 myself

Has to be music to the ears of some to see that Abs might play on that 3rd line.

Personally, I'd like to see 93/90/21 on that 2nd line. Mule might not be a goal scorer, but Tatar sure is. Only issue there is that he'll be up for a deal after this season.

Has to be music to the ears of some to see that Abs might play on that 3rd line.

Personally, I'd like to see 93/90/21 on that 2nd line. Mule might not be a goal scorer, but Tatar sure is in the AHL. Only issue there is that he'll be up for a deal after this season.

Fixed. I think the kid will be a consistent 55-65 point guy int he NHL when he's in his prome but he hasn't proven anything yet

Personally, I'd like to see 93/90/21 on that 2nd line. Mule might not be a goal scorer, but Tatar sure is. Only issue there is that he'll be up for a deal after this season.

Sweet sweet music to my ears