• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ogreslayer

Wings sign Alfredsson to 1-year, $3.5m deal (+$2m bonuses)

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

IF Cleary comes back, what number will Alfie take?

11. He has seniority, and so Red Wings precedent suggests that he would take the number anyway.

11. He has seniority, and so Red Wings precedent suggests that he would take the number anyway.

There's a modern-era precedent where someone who's been with the Wings for 8 seasons and won a Cup with them has had his jersey number taken by someone on a one-year deal at the end of his career?

It's all a moot point anyway. Cleary isn't coming back.

If Cleary was signed i highly doubt Alfie would take 11. Cleary has been around for a while and it's his jersey to have in that instance. Alfie is too classy to ask for it even. Only way he'd get it is if Cleary offered.

This.

I just assumed Abby would play with Z and Pavel to start, but I'm intrigued by Babs leaving two of the winger slots open in the top-six. I would love to see what Alfie can do with the two big guns. Puts Abby in a more suitable role as well.

40-13-11

93-90-14

8-43-21

20-18-44 (or 17/22)

37 Press Box

Edited by GoWings1905

Reports on twitter are that he'll take 24 as that was his pre NHL number or something. 24 is certainly becoming a well-travelled number in the D...

Edit: one source: @RedWingsFeed: Cleary back as No. 11; Alfredsson may switch to No. 24: TRAVERSE CITY It also... http://t.co/qb7TdWJaw8 via @wingsfrontman #NHL #RedWings

Edited by BottleOfSmoke

That would be funny if both wear number 11 but I know that can't happen. Either way #24 will be odd seeing on ALF. Since we all remember him as #11. Instead of wearing #24 he should wear number #91 that way he can bland right in with Franzon, Wise, and himself. #93 #90 #91

Edited by redhasek2013

That would be funny if both wear number 11 but I know that can't happen. Either way #24 will be odd seeing on ALF. Since we all remember him as #11. Instead of wearing #24 he should wear number #91 that way he can bland right in with Franzon, Wise, and himself. #93 #90 #91

Since Tapatalk 4.26 is slow as hell I am going to post it through my notebook:

Why not wear 111 and be done with it? I will always remember Alfie as 11

Have there been any 91s in Detroit since feds? I think that would be more weird than 24.. Although I do like the idea of similar line numbers

Maybe they can split the number, each wearing one of the ones? I know 1 is retired, but 11 cut in half isn't.

Plus, 24 should be an unofficially off-limits number, because of Probert, and...who was it, Chelios? Not saying Alfredsson's a ******, just saying, why not pick a number that he can kind of make his own? Like, I dunno, 92 or something.