• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jaymister

Rookie you're most looking forward to watching this season

Rate this topic

I've seen Mackinnon, Jones, Drouin, Strome, Scheifele and Reilly a fair bit from their Junior days. I've never seen Barkov, Murray or Nichuskin at all, so i'm more interested to see them. I'm most excited to see how good Barkov performes in his first season with the Panthers. I was surprised Florida choose to take him over Jones and Drouin.

I'm also hoping Tatar plays a full season with the Wings this season. He was an exciting player to watch during his call up last season. I was surprised they sent him back down, as i thought he played well enough to stick with the big club. I hoping him and Nyquist play on the third line together this season.

I've seen Mackinnon, Jones, Drouin, Strome, Scheifele and Reilly a fair bit from their Junior days. I've never seen Barkov, Murray or Nichuskin at all, so i'm more interested to see them. I'm most excited to see how good Barkov performes in his first season with the Panthers. I was surprised Florida choose to take him over Jones and Drouin.

I'm also hoping Tatar plays a full season with the Wings this season. He was an exciting player to watch during his call up last season. I was surprised they sent him back down, as i thought he played well enough to stick with the big club. I hoping him and Nyquist play on the third line together this season.

Tatar has to play with the wings, he is out of waiver options. They can't send him down.

I read that since Holland can't trim the roster he is going to readjust it, meaning that Nyquist may start the season in GR.

I am not a fan of this. I too would like to see Tatar Anderson and Nyquist on the third line.

Tatar or Dekeyser.

Tatar because he has exceeded expectations at every level and dominated up to this point in his career, and I want to see what he's capable of in the NHL. I remember when he first joined the club and Holland's plan was to send him to the Whalers because he would get good ice time there, instead of bottom line minutes in GR. He tried out for the Griffins and blew everyone away, skipped his tenure in Plymouth and immediately earned a substantial role on the Griffins. He's been over there for a few years, but he's become a leader on and off the ice, has excellent numbers, and is still quite young.

Dekeyser because he came out of nowhere, looked much better and poised than I think anyone was expecting, and I don't know if anyone from us fans to Babcock knows exactly what the Wings have in Dekeyser. It will be interesting to see what he can do.

Guest mjtm77

If everyone on the roster makes it through training camp healthy I'll be happy enough to cope with Nyquist starting in GR.

Right because that makes sense. From potentially being put on the second line to going to GR

Excited to see Drouin based on what I've heard about him. Not too many others outside of the Wings own that I'm interested in.

Ya I watched him during the world juniors and the memorial cup. He's got great wheels and his playmaking is also very good, I'd like to see them try him on Stamkos's line.

Link? I really, really don't want to believe this...

From Bill Roose on my Red Wings IPhone app.

"Recently, Wings general manager Ken Holland alluded to a plan he has to shape the team's roster without having to trim salary or waive players. It's possible that Helm will start the season on injured reserve as he continues to recover from a lower back injury that sidelined him last season. Helm is also battling through a sore groin, which he sustained while skating with teammates last week. The Wings also have options with Nyquist, who could begin the season in Grand Rapids."

From Bill Roose on my Red Wings IPhone app.

"Recently, Wings general manager Ken Holland alluded to a plan he has to shape the team's roster without having to trim salary or waive players. It's possible that Helm will start the season on injured reserve as he continues to recover from a lower back injury that sidelined him last season. Helm is also battling through a sore groin, which he sustained while skating with teammates last week. The Wings also have options with Nyquist, who could begin the season in Grand Rapids."

They better trade someone and don't even think about sending him down.

Pretty much what Echolalia said. (Ooh- irony!)

I'm eager to see what Dekeyser does with a full season. Can he play like he did last year with us? I hope so, but I've seen d-men come in high and then sink (Ericsson comes to mind), but if he does, I hope that we're patient with him like we have been with E and Kindl, and that our patience is rewarded thusly.

for me its seth jones. i just would like to see a young top 5 defenseman take the league by storm. its been nothing but forwards lately. to me its seems like the last top 5 d pick to get significant hype was hedman. (maybe adam larsson) i could care less that its for the preds, at least they are out of our division. but i just want there to be something new for the league to be excited about.

and i guess i should clarify. i'm not implying that no good young dmen are out there. just so few have even played in the nhl the year they were drafted. let alone play well. so thats why i think jones having a good year would be afresh new story.

No way Holland gives up on Tatar. We can always waive Eaves, Bertuzzi or Sammy. There is just no way we trade Tatar when we have goal scoring issues.

All 3 of those players if waived & not claimed by another team will still count towards the cap. Eaves would still have a cap impact of $275k, Bert $1.975m, & Sammy $2.9m so none of that solves the Wings being ~$2.4m over the cap.