Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wingedominance13

Signed
Cleary re-signs with Detroit, 1 year, $1.75m deal

Rate this topic

268 posts in this topic

So it looks like cleary will wear #15??

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/09/red_wings_send_three_including.html

Cleary is unable to wear No. 11, his number since 2005-06, because it was given to Daniel Alfredsson when it appeared Cleary wouldn't return. Alfredsson said he would give the number back to Cleary, but the NHL would not allow it, due to marketing issues related to the Winter Classic.

I thought dano was wearing 71

So Sheahan has to change his number? Man, the kids must love Cleary to death.

Maybe. For the whole 1 game he might play in Detroit this season. I'm sure he'll get over it.

Watching Cleary play hockey now is like watching someone trying to hit a nail into a stainless steel block... it's just useless

The Wings should roll 5 lines and 4 D pairings this year. What the hell! Suit up 25 a night and wait til someone notices!

The Wings should roll 5 lines and 4 D pairings this year. What the hell! Suit up 25 a night and wait til someone notices!

We have 26 players signed

Met a Flyer fan today. Said he was bumbed they didn't land Danny. True story.

Pics or it didn't happen.

I've thought about this now for a few days and I still think this was a remarkably dumb move.

I didn't exactly want him back but I think the worst part of the Cleary signing will be listening to everyone here complain about him all year, regardless of how he actually plays.

I'm guessing the biggest role Cleary fills in the coming season is scapegoat.

barabbas16 likes this

I didn't exactly want him back but I think the worst part of the Cleary signing will be listening to everyone here complain about him all year, regardless of how he actually plays.

He's getting paid a 3rd line salary and IMO he's a below average 2nd liner, so I can't complain about that. If we didn't have roster issues this would be a great signing.

haroldsnepsts likes this

What actual role do you feel he fills?

Hockeymom1960 likes this

He's getting paid a 3rd line salary and IMO he's a below average 2nd liner, so I can't complain about that. If we didn't have roster issues this would be a great signing.

This is pretty much how I feel minus the great part. It would be a non-issue for me at that price if we didn't have a roster limit issue. Gus doesn't deserve to be in GR.

Hockeymom1960 likes this

This is pretty much how I feel minus the great part. It would be a non-issue for me at that price if we didn't have a roster limit issue. Gus doesn't deserve to be in GR.

With eaves on ltir (possibly) and helm, we could just send Sammy to the $1 hotdog stand...

Wait, could we suspend Sammy and ship him to nyi? :)

With eaves on ltir (possibly) and helm, we could just send Sammy to the $1 hotdog stand...

Wait, could we suspend Sammy and ship him to nyi? :)

I hope Sammy bails.