• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sjr2012

Petr Mrazek or Jonas Gustvsson

Rate this topic

Mrazek or Monster  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest DeGraa55

I'm conflicted, because I really feel like Mrazek is going to be with another organization in a couple years now that Jimmy has a longer-term contract with the Wings.

And if other teams are as high on him as we are it means we got us a good player in return which isn't a bad thing.

And if other teams are as high on him as we are it means we got us a good player in return which isn't a bad thing.

depends on his commitment with us if he truly loves the team and area he may take a split job with jimmy if jimmy projection goes down

I'm conflicted, because I really feel like Mrazek is going to be with another organization in a couple years now that Jimmy has a longer-term contract with the Wings.

Really? I don't believe that for a minute. Who's to say how Jimmy will pan out later in his contract. Holland would be a fool to let this kid go.

BTW nice to see Petr in goal tomorrow!!! YAY

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I wish Jonas The Monster Gustavsson nothing but the best, he has gone through a lot and still keeps on battling injuries. That said I want him to backup Jimmy, show his worth and finally get the starter position somewhere next season. He just needs confidence and a few games to show what he can do, I remember his play in Toronto when Reimer was hurt, this guy played outstanding hockey.

Mrazek could and should use the time to improve with the grand rapids.

sent from a mobile device autocorrections errors are possible!

Guest Crymson

He'll be better off in Grand Rapids.

I think it'll be much longer than a couple of years. Every team likes a tandem, and every Cup winner of the past three seasons has had one. So long as the Wings can keep Mrazek at a reasonable rate, they've got absolutely no reason to get rid of him and every reason to keep him on. He'll compete for the top spot and spare Howard the need to play 60+ games per season.

I wish Jonas The Monster Gustavsson nothing but the best, he has gone through a lot and still keeps on battling injuries. That said I want him to backup Jimmy, show his worth and finally get the starter position somewhere next season. He just needs confidence and a few games to show what he can do, I remember his play in Toronto when Reimer was hurt, this guy played outstanding hockey. Mrazek could and should use the time to improve with the grand rapids. sent from a mobile device autocorrections errors are possible!

There is only the most minute chance that Gustavsson will do well enough to take the starter job from Howard. And for the record, his stats for that season were not very good at all. He had a number of very good games to go with a much larger tally of mediocre or outright awful performances.

Gustavsson has a lot of talent but is brutally inconsistent; this is a problem he shares with many NHL goalies present and past, a lot of whom flunked out of the NHL as a result of it. Howard, in contrast, has an equal amount of talent and is admirably consistent.

Edited by Crymson

He'll be better off in Grand Rapids.

I think it'll be much longer than a couple of years. Every team likes a tandem, and every Cup winner of the past three seasons has had one. So long as the Wings can keep Mrazek at a reasonable rate, they've got absolutely no reason to get rid of him and every reason to keep him on. He'll compete for the top spot and spare Howard the need to play 60+ games per season.

There is only the most minute chance that Gustavsson will do well enough to take the starter job from Howard. And for the record, his stats for that season were not very good at all. He had a number of very good games to go with a much larger tally of mediocre or outright awful performances.

Gustavsson has a lot of talent but is brutally inconsistent; this is a problem he shares with many NHL goalies present and past, a lot of whom flunked out of the NHL as a result of it. Howard, in contrast, has an equal amount of talent and is admirably consistent.

I have to disagree, Quick played something like 70 games for LA and all the playoff games, Crawford played 30/48 but all of Emery's games were the crappy teams, basically were dominating the standings, give Corey a rest and let emery handle the yotes. Corey also played all the playoff games I believe. Rask and Timmy Tee were the only real Tandem in the last while.

Guest Crymson

I have to disagree, Quick played something like 70 games for LA and all the playoff games, Crawford played 30/48 but all of Emery's games were the crappy teams, basically were dominating the standings, give Corey a rest and let emery handle the yotes. Corey also played all the playoff games I believe. Rask and Timmy Tee were the only real Tandem in the last while.

You're right about Quick and Bernier; it had been the year before when he played more games, and even then it was only 25. As for Emery, he played 19 games to Crawford's 29; that's a substantial number.

Whatever the case, it's better to have an affordable goaltending tandem than not.

Mrazek needs another full season in GR and another AHL playoff run.

If he gets a half dozen starts up with the varsity this year, that's good. Then next year he can be the back up, get 25-30 games... but, let's remember, Howie is a stud and there's no reason to rush Mrazek.

You're right about Quick and Bernier; it had been the year before when he played more games, and even then it was only 25. As for Emery, he played 19 games to Crawford's 29; that's a substantial number.

Whatever the case, it's better to have an affordable goaltending tandem than not.

I agree it is better, I just don't think Emery was very steller, his numbers were somewhat inflated. I like Bernier, he never really got a good chance behind Quick, I wouldn't be upset if we have a Rask/Thomas type situation within the next couple years

Mrazek next season. This will be his first FULL AHL season. I say, let him have it and bring the Calder Cup back as well. He'll be good to go next season.

Now if Monster disappoints again, due to some kind of injuryitis, sure. Bring him up at that point.

I have very little faith in Gustavsson, the sooner someone replaces him the better.

As far as I can see the guy is going to loose his job this summer, unless something really magical happens nothing but a disappointment in Detroit. He should have never been signed Joey McDonald was a better backup to Howard and cheaper.

I voted monster.

not because I like him better (I'm stoked for mraz) but, because 1. we're paying him no matter what, might as well play him. 2. I think he's better than he's shown so far in hockeytown. and 3. I think mraz would benefit from a little more AHL time. (he'll be up when monster's contract expires anyway)

also, if monster's injuries continue, that decision gets made automatically..