386 replies to this topic

#21 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,877 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:29 AM

Boooooooo

"@AnsarKhanMLive: Based on the skate, it looks like Smith will be paired with Kronwall. DeKeyser is with Quincey and Kindl with Lashoff."

Actually, it makes some sense.  Smith and Q have not been good together.  Putting them with two really good guys can help their strengths whilst compensating for their goofs.

#22 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,999 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:50 AM

Gahhh, want this win so badly.

Everyone will speak to the contrary, but if the Sens win even one game of our season series, it will weigh on Alfie's mind and conscience, and probably make everyone else feel bad for letting him down. (OK, one game is probably fine. But two? THREE? No and NO.)

Must win tonight! And by a wide margin! No bragging rights for Melynk! Grrrrrr!

Don't Toews me, bro!

#23 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:04 AM

@AnsarKhanMLive: Tough week for Kronwall; got hit in mouth with puck that rolled up his stick in the skate. Needs stitches but said he's good to go tonight

Someone wrap him in bubbles, puppies, and sunshine PLEASE!

Edit: JFC!

@HeleneStJames: #RedWings D Niklas Kronwall said he'll play tonight, but he did go for dental work after puck to chin in a.m. skate. Teeth on the line.

Edited by BottleOfSmoke, 23 October 2013 - 11:07 AM.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#24 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:09 AM

Actually, it makes some sense.  Smith and Q have not been good together.  Putting them with two really good guys can help their strengths whilst compensating for their goofs.

Yes, agreed. I was just excited to see DD up top. Ah well, with babs' line shuffling tendencies I bet we see 55-65 at some point before big e returns.. and who knows, the added responsibility could be just what Smith needs to jump to the next level

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#25 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,877 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:23 AM

@AnsarKhanMLive: Tough week for Kronwall; got hit in mouth with puck that rolled up his stick in the skate. Needs stitches but said he's good to go tonight

Someone wrap him in bubbles, puppies, and sunshine PLEASE!

Edit: JFC!

@HeleneStJames: #RedWings D Niklas Kronwall said he'll play tonight, but he did go for dental work after puck to chin in a.m. skate. Teeth on the line.

Please tell me that we're not going to have more of the "get rid of Kronwall; he's made of glass" debates we had back in the day.

I'll wrap him in bubbles.  You can bring the shine.  Here's the puppy:

kronner-dog.jpg

#26 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

@wingsfrontman: The Wings have recalled Xavier Ouellet just in case Niklas Kronwall can't go tonight per GM Ken Holland.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#27 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,999 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

@wingsfrontman: The Wings have recalled Xavier Ouellet just in case Niklas Kronwall can't go tonight per GM Ken Holland.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#28 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:55 AM

Just came here to post about xo.. according to Khan, it's precautionary. Kronner= gametime decision. He's at the desist after a puck to the face.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#29 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

Could work Kronwall with Smith. Let him simplify play in his own end and jump into the play here and there. We need to get him going offensively. Our goals scored per game is low because our Defense is contributing nothing offensively compared to where we were just a couple years ago. Need them to create offense and if smith can start to do that he can be a crucial part of this team

#30 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,743 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:06 PM

Melynk can go f.himself for all I care, every time a player is.leaving his team he tries to make them look bad. Running such a good young team being cheap is not the way to go. Alfie gave them a favorable contract for over an decade and yet he can't throw 5.5 million at the best player this team ever had and THE face of the franchise?

Edited by frankgrimes, 23 October 2013 - 02:12 PM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#31 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

Boooooooo

"@AnsarKhanMLive: Based on the skate, it looks like Smith will be paired with Kronwall. DeKeyser is with Quincey and Kindl with Lashoff."

This is good. Smith showed how much better he can be when not paired with Q. I think this will make each pairing better all around. Hopefully when E is back, Smith will play with Deke or Kindl, and not Q.

#32 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,025 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:44 PM

Since last season I've actually been wanting Smith to play with Kronwall, but then Ericsson showed such good chemistry with him. Now with E out for a bit we may get to see if it's good for either of them. (Well as long as Kronwall even plays tonight, sheesh)

Should be a good game, hopefully the Wings win 10-0 and Alfie scores all the goals :ninja:

#NOMOREKINDL

#33 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:15 PM

heres your chance to shine smith.

it would be nice to see a alfie goal tonight

#34 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 753 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

Go Wings !

#35 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

Will be at the game tn.

Really wanna see Alfie shine against his old club, wouldnt hurt to see Smith net one or atleast throw some big hits/drop the gloves . And as always a Pasha/Zetty PP goal wouldnt hurt 👍 LETS GO WINGS!

#36 WingsAlways

WingsAlways

Grind Line 2.0

• PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:10 PM

So much win in the GDT...

So excited for tonights game, hoping Alfie & Danny D put one up each.

I suck at haikus

Sammy sucks at ice hockey

Which one sucks harder?

Go Wings!

"Wow Chicago, you've won four Stanley Cups? Me too! - Kris Draper"

#37 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

@DarrenDreger: Kronwall warming up in pregame soccer circle. Must be playing.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#38 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:35 PM

JMrOW2P.jpg

#39 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,999 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

Kronner's sporting a "jaw shield."

Don't Toews me, bro!

#40 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,564 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:24 PM

It's good to see that after being healthy scratched for three of Detroit's best games, and then making his way back onto the lineup because of injury, and finally playing one decent game, Brendan Smith is being rewarded with top pair minutes.  Other young guys can't seam to crawl their way onto this team, yet Brendan gets top minutes for some unknown reason.

What's that you say?  It's good for his confidence?  Definitely.  In the sense that anyone would be confident if all they had to do was play a decent game out of every ten in order to get prime minutes.  Hell, with that as your only stipulation Kyle Quincey ought to be promoted to defenseman of the world and play alongside Superman with the Incredible Hulk and Thor as a second pairing.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."