i always liked eaves more than miller.

#62 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:45 PM

On a positive note the Griffins are stacked lol

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#63 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,045 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:55 PM

Ken Holland:

slap_shot4_display_image.gif?1270598498

I wish Holland was like McGrath, that way our 4th line would be the Hanson Brothers :ninja:

#NOMOREKINDL

#64 BadgerBob

BadgerBob

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:04 PM

I wish Holland was like McGrath, that way our 4th line would be the Hanson Brothers :ninja:

Only time Holland would pick them up is now, right in their prime beer belly years. They get matching 5 year $4M/yr no trade/move clauses too

#65 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:16 PM

Great.It's player #5 screwed due to the Cleary signing.Emmerton,Tootoo,Eaves waived,Tatar benched more than playing and Nyquist in the minors.

Drew Miller...you're next son

#66 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

Great.It's player #5 screwed due to the Cleary signing.Emmerton,Tootoo,Eaves waived,Tatar benched more than playing and Nyquist in the minors.

Drew Miller...you're next son

In all fairness, Emmerton is out because of andersson and Glendening.

#67 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:00 PM

Hey at least these guys can benefit from a winning atmosphere...in Grand Rapids. Sigh.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#68 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:38 PM

On a positive note the Griffins are stacked lol

That article calls tootoo a defenseman multiple times... i expected more out of mlive lol

wingsalltheway.jpg

Pavel datsyuk is the best player in the world because he snatches the puck from unsuspecting players and  follows it up by the simultaneous undressing of the defence pairing.  The end result is a calm skate back to his bench  where he can bask in the praise of his multiple girlfriends from the motherland.

#69 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:40 PM

Apparently that is what happened:

I didnt even know, said Eaves after practice, whos in the final year of his contract. I knew I wasnt playing. I just found out from you guys.

http://redwingsfront..._medium=twitter

Are you farking serious???

#70 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:45 PM

According to Ted Kulfan, Eaves found out he had been waived from reporters. If true that really sucks.

If true, then I'm ashamed to be. a wings fan. These are people they're dealing with. Once Kenny made the decision, he should have called eaves before filing the paperwork or whatever formality puts it into motion.

Edited by The Greek, 14 November 2013 - 06:52 PM.

#71 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:46 PM

If it is true it makes you wonder what the hell is going on with management now.  This situation is stupid enough but to have a guy find out form the media that he's going on waivers?

It's like the wheels are coming off.

I think its due to Mr. I's disappearance (this was a big story in the Freep a couple of weeks ago). Yes, I know it's his age and health, but the press is picking up on the leadership vacuum. Perhaps Chris isn't picking up the slack, and Holland has free reign now for the first time ever.

Edited by evilmrt, 14 November 2013 - 06:47 PM.

#72 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,227 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:46 PM

I think its due to Mr. I's disappearance (this was a big story in the Freep a couple of weeks ago). Yes, I know it's his age and health, but the press is picking up on the leadership vacuum. Perhaps Chris isn't picking up the slack, and Holland has free reign now for the first time ever.

This! :clap:

This is exactly how I see the things...

"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#73 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,262 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:53 PM

This just pisses me off.  Really?????? How about being a man, Holland, and bring him up to your office and let him know in private before everyone else.  That's about as classless as it gets.  :censored:  :censored:  :censored:

Edited by Hockeymom1960, 14 November 2013 - 08:39 PM.

#74 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:10 PM

Don't like it too, but this little article puts this mess into perspective. 

http://www.wingingit...did-we-get-here

Sums up my opinion but it nevertheless sucks. It hink Eaves is one of the players you need in a salarycap era with a very good value of effort per dollar. Waiving such a guy speaks volumes about the Wings situation at the moment.

Edited by derblaueClaus, 14 November 2013 - 09:10 PM.

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#75 SensViking

SensViking

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:11 PM

I wonder if Ottawa would consider picking him up for nothing to help stabilize the bottom 6. A redo of sorts...I always liked the guy.

#76 nuts2u

nuts2u

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:26 PM

It was such overpayment for Tootoo.  I have no idea why Holland would give him 3 years at that price. 

Sam reason he signed a useless 35 yr old Samuelsson 3 yrs @3M and no knees Cleary for 1.75 M when we already had too many forwards.

Quincy and Miller are the ones that should go, that clears 5.35M and they have -10 and -9 respectively.

#77 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:37 PM

So what is this?  Are we moving the Red Wings out to GR while the new place is being built?

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#78 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:03 AM

I wouldn't go to town on Martin really. Holland was the one signing the contracts and most likely went to Martin and said, "Can you make it work?" I imagine capologist have the role of fixing problems that others have made or try and prevent them from happening. I guess I just want to say that Martins probably the guy there to find loopholes for Holland. He's not the one putting us in horrible positions.

I'm totally bummed.  I love the guy's courage and his willingness to work.  I hope he clears and can go to GR.  That would mean I'd get to see him next week. 

So why the hell can't we kick Cleary's sorry ass to the curb?  He should have NEVER changed his mind, and gone to Philly instead.  He wouldn't be missed, believe me.

Cleary is on the team because Babcock lobbied hard for him to be there. I agree that it should have been Cleary on the waiver wire.

That said, it's almost certain that Cleary will be a regular scratch unless he begins playing better. Babcock likely wanted him back because of his performance in the playoffs, but he has been useless so far in this season. Worse than useless, in fact, because he's using up a roster spot that would be far better suited to other players. I watched a video of the 2009 playoffs recently; he was very fleet of foot back then. Now he's horribly slow. Sad.

That said, he's absolutely not going to be re-signed if he continues playing as he has been.

This! :clap:

This is exactly how I see the things...

And you're wrong, because by all indications Ilitch rarely meddled in affairs of management.

Sam reason he signed a useless 35 yr old Samuelsson 3 yrs @3M and no knees Cleary for 1.75 M when we already had too many forwards.

Quincy and Miller are the ones that should go, that clears 5.35M and they have -10 and -9 respectively.

I see three significant problems with your post, all of them clearly the result of you not checking your facts:

1) Samuelsson was signed for two years, not three.

2) The team didn't have too many forwards at the time.

3) You spelled Quincey's name wrong. If you're going to criticize the guy, at least know his name first.

And so on.

#79 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,971 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:44 AM

Way to go make an already soft and old team even softer and older.

Best of luck to Eaves always like the guy, can easily see a team like the TorontoMapleLeafs or BuffaloSabres claiming him.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#80 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:49 AM

Sucks for Eaves, but this was always going to happen once we re-signed Miller.

So, if he clears, we'll have Eaves, Emmerton and Tootoo in Grand Rapids......Grand Rapids who are already overflowing in prospects, who had to send Frk to Toledo because there was no room for him on the roster.......now a couple more guys are going to have to make room.

So even our prospects in the AHL can't get a game because of Kenny's poor roster management and unwillingness to cut ties.

Edited by Nev, 15 November 2013 - 01:50 AM.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk