• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWang

11/16 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Islanders 5 (SO)

Rate this topic

As much as it sucks right now to lose. 1 point is better than none. Besides wouldn't you rather your team struggle now and get things right early, instead of late in the season. Just sayin. Go Wings, Go Lions.

These last couple of games have actually given me some hope. For one, Franzen-Helm-Tatar looks like a line. Mule is good when he's got 2 guys who really hustle. He's streaky but maybe those two with their constant 100% effort can keep him going a little bit most nights. So now we potentially have 2 working lines, all we have to do is try to assemble Weiss, Alfie + scraps into another line that works. Sooner or later all these losses will force Holland to release the Nyquist, and I truly believe he could by himself turn atleast some of these OT/SO losses into wins. And if we start winning some games now we're actually gonna be in great shape because of these 1-point games. Loser points are gonna make us into winners by the end of the year. Maybe.

Edited by dat's sick

ame="Phil Lesh" post="2454847" timestamp="1384657663"]

As a NY Mets fan this is a sentiment I can relate to.[/quote

Ha, Mets fan here too. Bills fan also....shoot me now.

Wow, aside from the Red Wings some of you guys have horrible taste in sports teams. Mets, Bills, Yankess?!? Yuck.

Taste? Geez, I apologize for liking sports teams that don't fit your requirement. Anyways,I'm a real diehard fan of them all(of course nothing like my love for the Wings) so obviously you can see why I need my Wings to be successful... :confused:

Edited by GoWings!

Taste? Geez, I apologize for liking sports teams that don't fit your requirement. Anyways,I'm a real diehard fan of them all(of course nothing like my love for the Wings) so obviously you can see why I need my Wings to be successful... :confused:

I never thought I would agree with a Mets fan. I guess I should look for flying pigs tomorrow.

Same here, for me it's...

1. WIngs

2. Mets

3. Redskins

4. Hoyas

The one thing that really angers me about this game is the fact that the Wings get no calls for them. Twice this year we had zero PP's in a game and now this one we got 1. I thought it was BS, but didn't get pissed until the non-call on the hit that almost sent Helm head first into the boards. Luckily he reacted quick and didn't break his neck….I hope his back is feeling ok right now. That goes uncalled and then Ericsson gets a lame ass penalty in OT on top of Tuzzi's 2 penalties that were beyond weak calls. It's bad enough that we have no trading partners, no one claims our guys off waivers and we have a bottom 6 that's half scrubs, but when we have to rely purely on Z and Dats 98% of the time, give them a break and give us more than an average of 2 PP's per game or whatever it's currently at. 5 PP's to 1 is retarded.

The one saving grace for this game is that our 2nd line is playing really well. Mule-Helm-Tatar was our best line this game. Helm and Tatar's speed is opening up room for Franzen to do his thing and have lots of time to get his shots off. That may be the key for him. When Alfredsson and Weiss come back, they should be on the 3rd line with Abdelkader and keep that 2nd line together until they stop playing and producing the way they are.

just think of those 7 ot losses in other ways, ie if we hadn't got to ot we have 7 points less and with the chasing pack, or if we

had won them all we sit top of the conf !! it really is that close. I have every faith that the boys can go on a 5 or 6 game winning run

and get their mojo's back.

So will the Howard bashers who have been sceaming for Monster to play give him flack the same as they do Howard? The first 3 goals were the definition of weak. I love monsters atheticism but man he needs to find some consistant fundamentals in his game. Hes always flying around pulling himself out of position. Its like ues trying to be like Dom but Dom was still able to keep jis positioning while being unorthadox.

Nice to see Francine waking up. The big question is if we wont see him again until January. Abdlkader seems to be regressing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

So will the Howard bashers who have been sceaming for Monster to play give him flack the same as they do Howard? The first 3 goals were the definition of weak. I love monsters atheticism but man he needs to find some consistant fundamentals in his game. Hes always flying around pulling himself out of position. Its like ues trying to be like Dom but Dom was still able to keep jis positioning while being unorthadox. Nice to see Francine waking up. The big question is if we wont see him again until January. Abdlkader seems to be regressing. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The monster had two awesome b2b games and yet Babs gives it right back to Howard, how about letting him gain some consistency and not thworing him in and out like nothing? Being a goaltender in the NHL is incredible hard, but coming in cold every x game is even harder. Just for the record I am not blaming HOwy or monster sure they might give up bad goals but that's to be expected if you have to play almost perfect every game, because the defense despite Kronwall(ed) and Danny Dekeyser is crap, since the perfect human left.

If a team can't finish off teams in the regular season, just wait for the playoffs - if they even make it...

The monster had two awesome b2b games and yet Babs gives it right back to Howard, how about letting him gain some consistency and not thworing him in and out like nothing?

Did not Monster not get hurt shortly after those games? And when your starter comes back from injury he goes back in net. The backup is not meant to "gain consistency" when your starter is healthy.

The one thing that really angers me about this game is the fact that the Wings get no calls for them.

You have to draw teams into penalties. The Wings rarely have consistent offensive zone time or odd man breaks. Thats where you see most penalties called when a team has been scrambling on D for over 30 seconds and are tired are or are trying to break up an odd man chance. On the flip side the Wings spend much more of the game in there own zone thus the penalties on them.

Today's fun facts:

in this decade, eight shootout games, six shootout goals.

In this season, four shootout games, one shootout goal.

how did you make that up? we've had 31 shootouts since 2010-2011 which would be this decade

Told you guys we'd tie it up.

The negativity here is ridiculous. :glare:

right, you're an absolute poster boy for positive thinking

Very disappointing night, yet again.

Can't believe the no-call on the Okposo/Helm boarding. Dangerous incident and as clear as day. The officiating all night was pretty brutal, actually.

Wish Howard could had played this game, I know monster ended up making some huge saves, but for the most part I thought he looked pretty clueless out there, and couldn't control a rebound or track a puck at all.

Its nice that the Wings are getting some points at least, but if it wasn't for the overall awfulness of the East, they'd be in bigger trouble.

Guest mjtm77

Very disappointing night, yet again.

Can't believe the no-call on the Okposo/Helm boarding. Dangerous incident and as clear as day. The officiating all night was pretty brutal, actually.

Wish Howard could had played this game, I know monster ended up making some huge saves, but for the most part I thought he looked pretty clueless out there, and couldn't control a rebound or track a puck at all.

Its nice that the Wings are getting some points at least, but if it wasn't for the overall awfulness of the East, they'd be in bigger trouble.

Did anyone see the goaltender interference leading to a no goal for Vancouver tonight? That was a horrible call! The officiating in the NHL is just terrible. The Redwings have been getting screwed by the officials this year more than most teams. Why this is? I am not sure but it seems like there is a pattern. In terms of officiating We got screwed by CHI in the playoffs last year and both Sharks series. O and game 6 or 7 of the ducks series was just horrible. Other teams tend to get "screwed" also depending on which way the game gets called. In the playoffs the refs tend to choose a side more often than not and try to change outcomes of the games and this is FACT. As for the Redwings vs the islanders it was absolutely silly that we did not get more power plays. I haven't looked this up but I bet we are at the top of the league for penalties called against us compared to called for us. I watch allot of hockey and the wings and nucks get the short end of the stick often. You would think a dirty team like Boston would get more penalties...

srry for s*** spelling/ grammer way too tired.

Did anyone see the goaltender interference leading to a no goal for Vancouver tonight? That was a horrible call! The officiating in the NHL is just terrible. The Redwings have been getting screwed by the officials this year more than most teams. Why this is? I am not sure but it seems like there is a pattern. In terms of officiating We got screwed by CHI in the playoffs last year and both Sharks series. O and game 6 or 7 of the ducks series was just horrible. Other teams tend to get "screwed" also depending on which way the game gets called. In the playoffs the refs tend to choose a side more often than not and try to change outcomes of the games and this is FACT. As for the Redwings vs the islanders it was absolutely silly that we did not get more power plays. I haven't looked this up but I bet we are at the top of the league for penalties called against us compared to called for us. I watch allot of hockey and the wings and nucks get the short end of the stick often. You would think a dirty team like Boston would get more penalties...

srry for s*** spelling/ grammer way too tired.

2009 game 7 scf vs. Pittsburgh, need I say more?