• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWang

11/16 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Islanders 5 (SO)

Rate this topic

This team reminds me of the 2nd Major League movie, when the fan kept saying "they'll blow it in the ninth." They just can't hold a f***ing lead.

Except they didn't blow this game. They hung on for dear life to get a point.

Last night's game is a different story, however.

2 Things:

1. If you don't want to play good enough to win in reg then we better find someone who can score in a shootout. Tatar? Helm? Is Kocur around? Terrible

2. When our d decide to play like they did down the stretch and in the playoffs last year this team will improve instantly. We have made it so difficult to get out of our own end its frustrating..we don't have Lidstrom's and Rafalski's back there to finesse the puck out of our end anymore...get it out easy and go from there. We pass the puck backwards in our own end 4 times and then turn it over...teams know this and just pressure the s*** out of us.

As bad as we've been and we've been bad lately these points will be important down the road.

Reading these comments, you'd think that the Wings weren't tied for third overall in the East.

Seriously, people... this isn't a catastrophe.

If Cleary, Sammy and Bert weren't around, people would at least feel that Babcock and Holland were icing the best roster they had available.

it's like we're in that weird twilighty show, about that zone....

and we keep finding ways to lose games, over and over

someone has put a hex on us

Detroit baseball fans can relate to this..it reminds me of when a baseball team brings in it's closer and you just know he's going to blow the save before the first pitch is thrown.

I have a novel idea: Win a damn game in regulation since clearly OT and the shootout aren't going to end in two points.

I feel bad for Z and Pavel. They have to be so frustrated with the lack of help from the supporting cast. Helm has looked terrific at least, but the forwards overall are weak, particularly the bottom-six. Defense desperately needs a puck-mover that can play big minutes and contribute offensively because Quincey and Kindl have been atrocious.

Something has to happen. You can't just keep repeating "we are close to turning things around" after every loss. They may break out of this streak soon, but long-term the resounding issues of this team aren't going away.

We were looking much worse last season. Right now we're still in a playoffspot and we don't play terrible hockey. If the Wings are able to fix the problems reagrding transition and passing we're good. And we all know that SOs are not only a matter of skill but also of luck. Sometimes it's just that little bit of luck thats missing.

I don't even know what to say. I have homered my way through all of these losses but there is just no excuse for some of the decisions that are being made. Spare me the "we're too old, we like our team, so-and-so Suckypants is our deadline acquisition" snark--I still believe that *this* team CAN win. They've shown solid periods of play and utter control at times. Why they can't seem to get out of their own heads is BEYOND ME.

I typed up a whole second part to this post, but it felt like a eulogy so I deleted it. Whatever. If this is everything returning to dust, then so be it.

LGW.

Except they didn't blow this game. They hung on for dear life to get a point.

Last night's game is a different story, however.

They did blow it, after having a 2-1 and a 3-2 lead. They played like crap in the third and Pav's goal was a miracle. Its been 5 straight games of the same garbage. The team is good enough to tie but not win right now.

On the 2nd night of a back-to-back, on the road, with Monster in net I'm fine with 1 point. Of course the problem is right now all we ever get is 1 point so it'd be nice to somehow pull out 2 points in these winnable games.

I thought overall we played well tonight. 2nd line looks really good, but let's not kid ourselves; that is basically a really good 3rd line, what we need is Alfie, Weiss and Nyquist to give us a 2nd line. Dekeyser had a terrific game, easily our best d-man, and it's great to see how his offensive game is developing. Keep it up and Calder-discussion won't be too far off. 1st line was weak I thought. Neither Pav or Z looked very good imo, and they didn't last game either. But they're chipping in a goal here and there so can't complain too much. Just wish they could lock it down defensively a bit harder.

Problem I'm seeing is we have too much filler/garbage in the bottom 6. Like I said, Nyquist, Alfie and Weiss should be on a 2nd line and Sammy, Cleary and Andersson should be out of the lineup.

Monster didn't have a good game but it is what it is. He stepped up in the OT atleast to give us a chance. We need Howard to find his game and steal some wins.

As much as it sucks right now to lose. 1 point is better than none. Besides wouldn't you rather your team struggle now and get things right early, instead of late in the season. Just sayin. Go Wings, Go Lions.

As much as it sucks right now to lose. 1 point is better than none. Besides wouldn't you rather your team struggle now and get things right early, instead of late in the season. Just sayin. Go Wings, Go Lions.

On a positive note they could have won every one of these games, so there's that.