• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedWang

11/19 GDT: Predators 2 at Red Wings 0

Rate this topic

Everyone scores a goal. Regulation ends up tied 20-20. Kenny gets on the phone and makes a trade. As the shootout goes into the 103,257th round, Andersson is informed that he's been traded for five minutes and Monahan -a Wing for five minutes- takes the ice. Monahan scores the winning goal because that's what he does in the shootout.

The Wings finally win. Having taken notes, they now know how to win in a shootout. They win the rest of their games from here until the end of the season, always in a shootout. When the playoffs come, they sweep their way to the cup by just having everyone shoot at least once in the first overtime.

The NHL finally realizes just how stupid the shootout is and they amend the loser point format.

Ok, I was kidding on that last part.

Go Wings!

That third line...barf

Ya that's an atrocious line. Even Andersson has been kinda meh this year. He lost a step for no apparent reason.

I say move Smith to the wing on teh 4th line for a game instead of tiring out the forwards and rotating guys around and having a 7th Dman riding the pine.....unless that 7th Dman becomes Quincey.

Ya that's an atrocious line. Even Andersson has been kinda meh this year. He lost a step for no apparent reason.

He never had a step in the first place, but he was playing with speedy wingers like Nyquist and Brunner who complimented his skill-set. Stick him with Cleary and Sammy and suddenly he looks slow as molasses again. His best play this season was when he had Abdelkader and Tatar on his wing.

Anyway, we gotta win tonight, right? Right? Right.....? :eh:

Is that 3rd line officially nicknamed 1 kid & 2 anchors?

Remember in Salute Your Shorts when Ugh makes the two kids hold those buckets full of water? Which is extra-appropriate because I know some people call Cleary "Buckets."

I say move Smith to the wing on teh 4th line for a game instead of tiring out the forwards and rotating guys around and having a 7th Dman riding the pine.....unless that 7th Dman becomes Quincey.

Hurray! The Smith-to-forward camp is growing!

Hurray! The Smith-to-forward camp is growing!

I agree that if there were ever a time to move Smitty to forward n try him out, its now when were actually not in a forward crunch. But i dont see it actually happening. Weve got too many forwards as is.

Edited by RedWang

Howdy there, whatre u predicting for tonights matchup? Id like to hear an opinion from the other side of the fence.

I'm hoping that the preds play the same way that they played against chicago last saturday,If they can't do that then hope that they aleast score a goal or two.

I'm hoping that the preds play the same way that they played against chicago last saturday,If they can't do that then hope that they aleast score a goal or two.

Obviously I want the Wings to win tonight, but I do have to say... "Nice job against Chicago!" :thumbup:

Yeah, my first thought was to put Smith with Abby and Miller, just for a look see. Seems

to have the toolkit to play forward.

Anyone else see the irony of having too many forwards yet only dressing 11 tonite? Sheesh , what a clustercluck.

Edited by T.Low