• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#141 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:25 PM

To be fair to Babcock and Holland, Cleary was---while still mediocre---vastly better last season than he is now. He underwent a tremendous decline over the summer. While he should not have been brought back at all, I don't think anyone could have anticipated his presently disastrous state of physical condition.

C'mon now, I think we ALL predicted that.

I wish one of the guys in the press conference would ask why the single worst forward on the team, one of such limited offensive ability that even the coach---his self-professed biggest fan---does not give him any power play time, is playing with Pavel Datsyuk.

Probably scared to lose their credentials.  If someone gets me creds, I'll ask it.  I'll even wear a Babcock wig while doing so.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#142 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:31 PM

Unfortunately babs and co. said for saturdays game theyll roll the same lines from last game...which to everyones absolute dismay means hammer hands, cement skates, useless f*** Dan Cleary will destroy the top line yet again. Ohboy!

Lol....hammer hands

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#143 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:32 PM

Just for the sake of trying something new, let's all keep a few of these threads on topic and not about Cleary.

Thanks.

#144 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:34 PM

NYQUIST IS UP FOR GOOD!!

via https://www.facebook...DETROITREDWINGS

Edited by Danielsm, 22 November 2013 - 03:34 PM.

#145 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:37 PM

NYQUIST IS UP FOR GOOD!!

Great News! 

Also bad news... who gets sat now? 

#146 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:37 PM

Just for the sake of trying something new, let's all keep a few of these threads on topic and not about Cleary.

Thanks.

While I understand, I think Cleary is topic-centric to everything Wings related this season.  e.g. This thread wouldn't exist without Cleary being on the team.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#147 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:40 PM

Great News! 

Also bad news... who gets sat now? 

I'm not even sure what the hell our roster is at this point lol

#148 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:46 PM

While I understand, I think Cleary is topic-centric to everything Wings related this season.  e.g. This thread wouldn't exist without Cleary being on the team.

You're obviously not alone in thinking Cleary is topic-centric to everything this season, but he actually isn't. 

Cleary's role in the lineup could certainly be relevant to Nyquist under some circumstances and worth discussion, but when it veers off into the endless complaining that litters every thread here, it is no longer germane to the topic and will be deleted.

#149 AusWing40

AusWing40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:43 PM

I'm just happy people won't lose their minds about nyq being up or down now.

Okay that's not true I'm stoked he's staying but you get my point lol

#150 themcityblues

themcityblues

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:45 PM

NYQUIST IS UP FOR GOOD!!

Feels like a new era.

#151 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,248 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:29 PM

:yahoo:  :w00t2:  :rolleyes:  :taunt:  :thumbs-up:  :yowza:  :crazy:  :satisfied:  :champs:  :siren:  :punk:

#152 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:52 PM

while im happy nyquist had a good game. i dont get why he immediately got playing time with Z and franzen? tatar never got any time with Z or dats maybe a few shift in a landslide game

#153 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,087 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:12 PM

while im happy nyquist had a good game. i dont get why he immediately got playing time with Z and franzen? tatar never got any time with Z or dats maybe a few shift in a landslide game

Nyquist > Tatar (at this point in their respective careers)

I do think Tats should get a look in the top six, though. And I've gotta think it's gonna happen soon enough, unless we start rolling along, which I'd be fine with.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#154 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,087 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:22 PM

Also: WAHOO!!! I checked back at just the right time!

Don't Toews me, bro!

#155 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,087 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:39 PM

I do think Tats should get a look in the top six, though. And I've gotta think it's gonna happen soon enough, unless we start rolling along, which I'd be fine with.

What I'd really like to see - as an "experiment," if you like - is Z and D each sort of mentoring one of Gus/Tats, taking them under their wings, molding them into potential future Euro Twins. If that makes any sense.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#156 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,248 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:47 PM

What I'd really like to see - as an "experiment," if you like - is Z and D each sort of mentoring one of Gus/Tats, taking them under their wings, molding them into potential future Euro Twins. If that makes any sense.

They will teach the precious...

#157 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:39 PM

I think it has to deal with Tatars defensive game. Nyquist is well rounded and has played in tight situations in the league already. Babcock is more familiar with him and has more trust in him than Tatar. Tatar is great and he's proven to score goals when given the chance but his defensive play would get eaten alive against top skilled players he would be against in the top 6.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#158 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:23 AM

I'm not sure if this has been posted, but Holland says something I didnt believe I'd hear(or read)....
I'll let you guess what it is.

http://www.mlive.com...speed_skil.html

#159 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:31 AM

I'm not sure if this has been posted, but Holland says something I didnt believe I'd hear(or read)....
I'll let you guess what it is.

http://www.mlive.com...speed_skil.html

Some of my faith in Babs/Holland is starting to be restored. Seems they may actually be watching the same team we are.